Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing - How About Testing Before Release?

Trayzerlol

I genuinly feel pretty upset right now.

do you know what happens when you play a max shields/health/vigor/steelfiber/diamondskin rhino prime in the limbo archwing interception mission?

yes, right. you get annihilated and it's impossible to hold more than 2 objectives since you get camped by drones 24/7 at a single objective once you got 2.

also: WHAT were you thinking. this question is actually very important and i want to emphasize on this: WHAT THE ACTUAL F*** were you thinking when you made the archwing-guns so GODAWFULLY BAD that all you can do in higher level missions is use your melee to slice through those drones?

do you think it is fun having to spin your frame 24/7 to warp from enemy to enemy while all of them shoot you mercilessly (their guns seem to work fine btw...) i don't even get to enjoy the athmosphere of space combat because it's just spaming apm (melee key) and spinning my mouse to be effective and actually killing stuff. how did this get through testing?

at this point i'd also like to thank you a lot for rendering efficiency mods on warframes completely useless while trash like steel fiber works just fine. maybe if i had frequent access to my archwing abilities i might be able to compete with these trash enemies. but wait that wouldn't be fun right? one rocket every 200 sec is enough ok.... OK.

that's it. i gave this gamemode more than just a chance. 7h +- since update only trying to get archwing working & finding those awfully underpowered mods. WHAT AGAIN WERE YOU THINKING when you made those values? 2,5% efficiency 10 ranks rare? xdddddddddddddddd

no. just no. i'm done. de, go play the game yourself and see how awful this new overhyped unbalanced gamemode actually is.

oh and to the guy who made the "nerf tank frames" because they get too much stats in archwing. i don't like you. i genuinly don't. play the limbo interception mission on a regular frame and see how long you survive. DO IT and delete your thread afterwards. if anything should be done, it would be excluding warframe stats completely from archwing and buff ALL archwing mods significantly. ESPECIALLY efficiency. i want to see 75% for a r10 rare for funs sake.

it's a pve game after all and it should be treated like that. nerfing and awful stats have no place in warframe as long as pvp is just a joke of a gamemode anyway.

see you next patchday.

Edited by IlIIlII

Woah woah easy there, it's a new game mode it'll get optimized as they chew through hotfixes, besides Archwing is a lot more team oriented than the other mission types, I agree it's bollocks to have your bum shot mercilesly at but you should consider bringing some friends or clan mates, if that doesn't help in any way simply wait for DE to make Archwing more balanced, it's a new game mode after all, remember interception ? Even veterans had it super rough when it first came the same can be said about Archwing, calm down and wait for balancing or try to get some better archwing mods and then try again with friends aswell.

To be fair, we only have starting weapons... And a mk-1 Braton won't be too effective against a level 30 Grineer Trooper.

That said, we need access to gear appropriate to the missions available.

Adding more mods won't fix everything, what's needed is for Archwing missions to reward Archwing mods, so we can actually upgrade our gear.

And WHY is the speed upgrade a rare mod...?

To be fair, we only have starting weapons... And a mk-1 Braton won't be too effective against a level 30 Grineer Trooper.

That said, we need access to gear appropriate to the missions available.

Adding more mods won't fix everything, what's needed is for Archwing missions to reward Archwing mods, so we can actually upgrade our gear.

And WHY is the speed upgrade a rare mod...?

well, i have max + shields & armor plating for archwing and upper mentioned warframe "tank" mods. even if i had a boltor prime to kill stuff, it would take way too long since you have to look around most of the time to find the next drone shooting you while they auto aim at you 24/7 which is why melee is so much more effective... it shouldn't be that way because it makes playing this gamemode anti-fun because of all the spinning and warping like ash-ultimate.

Edited by IlIIlII

even if i had a boltor prime to kill stuff, it would take way too long since you have to look around most of the time to find the next drone shooting you

Well, that's on you 90% of the time, it is difficult to aim, but that's kind of the point...

(10% is trolling when they are in the dead zones above or below, or close enough to cause the camera to freak out.)

DE should be glad all of you have very low expectations of beta content. honestly, labeling something as beta for years doesn't justify unpolished, imbalanced, depthless content that offers only frustration for players and even makes money off of them. i expect some quality which can easily be achieved with a ptr like other games handle that.

if i compare it to the (almost) never ending beta that world of tanks was, i never felt what i feel right now after major warframe updates. but yeah w/e seems like most people enjoy being beta testers for more or less stable console versions.

limbo quest is actually lvl 22-30 interception , don't try to go there with your freshly cooked archwing...

"freshly cooked." i can't get much higher in mod value for my melee weapon which is why i called it "slicing" through enemies. that's not the problem. also the defensive end of the archwing is established as well. the only lackluster thing is the gun which is pretty much worthless anyway right now, no matter which mods you put into it. if it was homing shots, maybe it would be worth using.

why don't you read the comments before making false assumptions? if i take an equivalent loadout to 22-30 normal missions i wreck everything with my melee one handed with these defensive stats. comparing that 1:1 to archwing missions just shows how awful the balancing is.

Edited by IlIIlII

DE should be glad all of you have very low expectations of beta content. honestly, labeling something as beta for years doesn't justify unpolished, imbalanced, depthless content that offers only frustration for players and even makes money off of them. i expect some quality which can easily be achieved with a ptr like other games handle that.

This might come as a shock, but people are allowed to like something you don't, and it doesn't mean that they're wrong, have low expectations, or anything else.

This might come as a shock, but people are allowed to like something you don't, and it doesn't mean that they're wrong, have low expectations, or anything else.

it might be very surprising for you that this actually wasn't much of a shock for me. my knowledge about the diversity in human behaviour and thinking is quite decent. but thanks for pointing out the obvious anyway. 

but since you implicitly asked why i would be bummed out by people saying there's nothing wrong with beta content and getting the d for playing it,

well, those must assumingly be the ones who don't support this game much since if you invest money into something, your expectations normally are much higher than for everyone else. just like stock holders care a lot more about their investment into some enterprise than everyone else.

if these people actually are supporters, then i'm really out of explanations why you would have these low expectations and call it nothing wrong with that attitude.

Edited by IlIIlII

it might be very surprising for you that this actually wasn't much of a shock for me. my knowledge about the diversity in human behaviour and thinking is quite decent. but thanks for pointing out the obvious anyway. 

but since you implicitly asked why i would be bummed out by people saying there's nothing wrong with beta content and getting the d for playing it,

well, those must assumingly be the ones who don't support this game much since if you invest money into something, your expectations normally are much higher than for everyone else. just like stock holders care a lot more about their investment into some enterprise than everyone else.

if these people actually are supporters, then i'm really out of explanations why you would have these low expectations and call it nothing wrong with that attitude.

People always start defending super hard when they get suddenly verbose. But hey, I'm gonna take on this sentence in particular, because I found it funny (and also really short-sighted).

I'm a Founder. Been with the game since closed beta days, I think right after patch 4 or 5. I've spent several hundred dollars on the game and on DE, buying platinum and two Prime Access packs -- the full pack, mind you. The ones that are about $150. I even have one of the Excalibur statues. Going by what you said, because I've spent so much money on the game, I should have higher-than-normal expectations and thus be disappointed with the update... and yet I'm not. If anything, I've been loving the update.

It's not because of lowered expectations. It's because I'm reasonable -- I know this mode is new. I know it's gonna have bugs and will receive tweaks as time goes on. I know I shouldn't go into high-level content with very few mods to keep me covered. And because I know all this, I'm happy and content. I'm still enjoying the patch, and I know that the necessary changes will be made.

I'm a Founder. Been with the game since closed beta days, I think right after patch 4 or 5. I've spent several hundred dollars on the game and on DE, buying platinum and two Prime Access packs -- the full pack, mind you. The ones that are about $150. I even have one of the Excalibur statues. Going by what you said, because I've spent so much money on the game, I should have higher-than-normal expectations and thus be disappointed with the update... and yet I'm not. If anything, I've been loving the update.

It's not because of lowered expectations. It's because I'm reasonable -- I know this mode is new. I know it's gonna have bugs and will receive tweaks as time goes on. I know I shouldn't go into high-level content with very few mods to keep me covered. And because I know all this, I'm happy and content. I'm still enjoying the patch, and I know that the necessary changes will be made.

yes so we're at the same level of supporting this game, glad we figured that out.

you're implicitly suggesting again that i made this rant because i don't have enough mod coverage for the "high" level mission. well i already explained that that is not the case at all. transmutation & spaming missions actually nets you quite a lot mods you know... and leveling < r5 mods isn't too hard as well, but you know that im sure.

and considering the quality of new content, my point still stands. it's comparable to the development of world of tanks. when content isn't ready for release yet, when it would cause more trouble than worth, it will stay on the ptr. i know there are plenty of other examples in terms of publishers / games where testing of new content was taken waaaay more serious than in warframe.

and there is not a single reason why wf shouldn't have a ptr. i gladly wait a month more or less for a big hyped update like 14/15 when it actually delivers once it's live. and no, hiding behind the "they make 10 hotfixes the following days" is not the way to go in my opinion.

looking through general discussion, i found a lot of underwhelmed / angry threads concerning this update and i can't blame any of the OPs on that since it's preventable.

treating PC as console testing grounds is anything but okay considering the huge playerbase. you can't just publish with an attitude of trial and error thus breaking the game every time something major changes.

glad you're happy though. i'm gonna go play some game from gaben. at least valve delivers 99.9% functioning content at release day and not 28 days later like DE handles this subject.

Edited by IlIIlII

$20 says the Limbo mission scales with Conclave and that's why this guy is getting wrecked.

Also the game mode is fine, a good portion of the mods have typos or end up scaling really well. Deal with it.

This is probably the most reliable answer. Try stripping down your WF and going again.

This is probably the most reliable answer. Try stripping down your WF and going again.

no. there's a reason why i despise tactical alerts. that can't be the answer for a well thought-through gameplay. else what would be the point of even farming / maxing mods if you handle every mission that way...like... going in naked. no...

Edited by IlIIlII

no. there's a reason why i despise tactical alerts. that can't be the answer for a well thought-through gameplay. else what would be the point of even farming / maxing mods if you handle every mission that way...like... going in naked. no...

You're aware that all bosses also scale off your Conclave rating, right? Tactical alerts aren't the only PVE thing that involve your Conclave.

do you know what happens when you play a max shields/health/vigor/steelfiber/diamondskin rhino prime in the limbo archwing interception mission?

yes, right. you get annihilated and it's impossible to hold more than 2 objectives since you get camped by drones 24/7 at a single objective once you got 2.

also: WHAT were you thinking. this question is actually very important and i want to emphasize on this: WHAT THE ACTUAL F*** were you thinking when you made the archwing-guns so GODAWFULLY BAD that all you can do in higher level missions is use your melee to slice through those drones?

Uhh.. did they nerf the mission recently? Because I blazed through all the Limbo archwing intercept missions solo just fine with Saryn. The only thing I had issues with were enemies being stuck in asteroids.

I agree with you on a few points though. I get that we're beta testers, but some of these bugs were found within 5 minutes of playing. I'll applaud them for being super fast on the hotfixes, however.

You're aware that all bosses also scale off your Conclave rating, right? Tactical alerts aren't the only PVE thing that involve your Conclave.

yes i know and i dont like it much for obvious reason. and since i never saw a mechanic like that in any other game i played i can only assume there's a good reason why it's not present elsewhere. ah right, because it's counter intuitive and anti fun maybe. but thats just my layman opinion of course.

...so you're refusing to try that to see if that helps because you disagree with the logic of "finding a power balance" rather than "MAX ALL THE THINGS"?

yes i know and i dont like it much for obvious reason. and since i never saw a mechanic like that in any other game i played i can only assume there's a good reason why it's not present elsewhere. ah right, because it's counter intuitive and anti fun maybe. but thats just my layman opinion of course.

It's a mechanic meaning bosses are always a bit of a challenge, meaning you have to actually work for it and can't just steamroll it like you can with everything else in the game.

Honestly, I think more games should do it.