Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates Needs Rework

Shadow.Shifter

I think syndicates should be reworked, DE can keep it the same but easily add or delete some code depending on which way they want to do it.

1st option would be to can neg rep all together so it never drops below 0 but will still count if you go up a level, the enemy syndicate will still go down just no neg rep, so you can level your syndicates but gets to keep the long grind and that well save having to try to come back from a 352,000 or more neg rep + 352k or more to re level a new syndicate. Oo

2nd Let you level all the syndicates base on the sigi you use, but never take away points (unless you buy stuff) and both enemy syndicate will auto send stuff after you (level 1 and 2 base on which is main enemy and which is less an enemy). 

3rd cap neg rep to -44k (-level 2)

4th option make the syndicate sigi give more points the higher the new sigi you go up.

The way it is now your locked in to a very long grind to max your syndicate, and x2 the grind come back to level a new syndicate.

Edited by Shadow.Shifter

Getting rid of negative reputation won't happen. Syndicates are supposed to be end game goals with awesome rewards you have to work for.

The Sigil you get a the start will give you a basic reputation, but you can get better ones as you rank up in the syndicate, so your 3rd option is redundant because it already exists.

Negative rep, as it seems, is capped already, and being able to level all syndicates at once makes having it endgame content completely redundant too.

So you are telling me that i buy a new sigil i level up faster ? (boosted XP ?)

Also , i think that's way too much grind involved , i mean ... i am rank 1 so i have to o 22 K , i wonder how much i have to do for rank 5 ... 300K ? 500K ?

We gain points tooooo slowly , and the ranks are wayyyy to high :(

Just my point , feel free do argue about it xD

The Sigil you get a the start will give you a basic reputation, but you can get better ones as you rank up in the syndicate, so your 3rd option is redundant because it already exists.

Unfortunately everyone I've heard of that have tested this have found that your type of sigil does not affect your standing gain

No thanks, keep the negative rep in.

People shouldn't be trying to max out rep with all or multiple syndicates imo (especially not go to an enemy one and start working for them). Would have been better if they just locked you into one or two, with the option of changing once later on and completely removing the rep from your previous if they're enemies or something. Might be a little harsh but.. /shrugs

Edited by Seraphyx

No thanks, keep the negative rep in.

People shouldn't be trying to max out rep with all or multiple syndicates imo (especially not go to an enemy one and start working for them). Would have been better if they just locked you into one or two, with the option of changing once later on and completely removing the rep from your previous if they're enemies or something. Might be a little harsh but.. /shrugs

^this

It'd be such a disappointment if the system just allowed you to flip flop around and get all the rewards in 3 days.

The Sigils need to be an award for ranking up. 

We already paid a sacrifice, so give us the Sigils for our current rank.

Secondly, the higher the Sigil, the more points we should receive for our Syndicate.

Next, Syndicate exp overall needs to be increased, it's honestly ridiculous currently. Especially when after we rank up we restart at 0 again and cannot buy anything whatsoever.

Lastly, having a sacrifice every rank is a bit extreme with this current system. If the point gain was fixed I could possibly see it being justified, but currently spending days to get 44k standing and then having to pay 100k and a catalyst to advance is extreme.

You gain points slowly because this is meant to be a long term mechanic, you aren't meant to reach top rank within the month

Imagine coming in as a new player and getting these 'long term goals' before you reach Eris

I doubt new players can pay the sacrifices required, let alone buy anything since points reset to zero once you advance each time.

I think having higher ranked sigils granting a higher number of points is a good idea.

For the most part, I'm not seeing anything in the rewards sections that I am really overly interested in.  I did Red Veil not because I believe in the Red Veil or that I am moved for their ideology, but because I can eventually get T4 exterminate keys.  Getting the range mod on the Spectra would be nice, but why waste the time for that one weapon specific mod?

It's still early days for the syndicates though.  I expect that we will see some changes.

I think syndicates should be reworked, DE can keep it the same but easily add or delete some code depending on which way they want to do it.

1st option would be to can neg rep all together so it never drops below 0 but will still count if you go up a level, the enemy syndicate will still go down just no neg rep, so you can level your syndicates but gets to keep the long grind and that well save having to try to come back from a 352,000 or more neg rep + 352k or more to re level a new syndicate. Oo

2nd Let you level all the syndicates base on the sigi you use, but never take away points (unless you buy stuff) and both enemy syndicate will auto send stuff after you (level 1 and 2 base on which is main enemy and which is less an enemy). 

3rd cap neg rep to -44k (-level 2)

4th option make the syndicate sigi give more points the higher the new sigi you go up.

The way it is now your locked in to a very long grind to max your syndicate, and x2 the grind come back to level a new syndicate.

In the last devstream they said syndicates are supposed to be a choice, and requires dedication. If you choose to go for one or two syndicates who are not enemies with each other you have the option to do so without any consequences. On the other hand if you think you can just easily switch to what ever syndicate you want then you are not being dedicated or loyal to your syndicate, and no one likes un-loyal members. If you want to become a rebel and join an opposing syndicates cause you should have to pay for your actions. That payment is essentially your time. Leveling every single syndicate shouldn't take equal amounts of time, or only a little longer. You should actually feel penalized for your choices. Stop asking DE to nerf things to make the game easier for every one.Not every game has to be casual, some of us actually like to grind and be rewarded for doing so. (I have a full time job and go to college full time, you don't see me complaining about my progression and time) Games are mean't to last. You are essentially asking for this entire update to be a breeze.