Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapon Mods: Preemptive Feedback.

Othergrunty

Allright, didn't saw any other thread discussing the new Syndicate rewarded weapon mods in general, so i thought making this thread is fair game.

Now why do i call this preemptive feedback?

Because you can only access those weapon mods at stage 4 of your connection to the Syndicates and based on the current level of points rewarded, it will take several weeks until a solid amount of players will have been able to get at least one of these mods.

Which means a lot of time until general feedback can come in and by then the mods might have allready faded from Scott and co's attention.

So perhaps now is the best time to actualy give them our impression on what we think of these mods, how usefull they appear, their designated weapons and how they fit the factions that reward them.

Which is the point of this thread.

However there is an elephant in the room, which i think needs to be adressed first.

To quote Rebecca:

"Note:  The Weapon-Specific Mods earned through Syndicate Standing have experimental bonus effects that we will be developing further based on feedback. The experimental bonus effect is: While having a Syndicate Weapon Mod equipped, its XP gained will fill up a Syndicate specific meter. When this meter is full it discharges granting some AOE and temporary bonuses!"

This sounds problematic. Because they want our feedback to improve or balance these special effects, but they don't tell use what they are beforehand and have put the so far down the reward list that it will take quite a while until we can actualy give them the feedback they want.

So keep in mind that weapons which might not look impressive from the visible boni of the Syndicate mods might shine thanks to the experimental effects of these mods.

Edited by Othergrunty

Then again, most, if not all, of these Weapon Syndicate Mods are quite boring (either just adding more damage/status effects/other things [to sometimes the wrong weapon] or having too small a value to be useful [alright, that Lifesteal with the Furis was quite a nice touch]). 

And what is that Vulkar's 'Dead Aim'?

Edited by Renegade343

Then again, most, if not all, of these Weapon Syndicate Mods are quite boring (either just adding more damage/status effects/other things [to sometimes the wrong weapon] or having too small a value to be useful [alright, that Lifesteal with the Furis was quite a nice touch]). 

And what is that Vulkar's 'Dead Aim'?

Or any of the other weapons ? only 40+ capacity for viper ? Burston primes is the only good one I think of !

I was hoping to see new weapons on endgame(t4 endless) but the only mods that seem worth are for the hek, the grinlock and the furis. maybe the Dead Aim woul be op but for now we dont knnow. Maybe we can start puting a 6 forma hek/grinlock and have some fun on t4.

The hilarious thing: I was trying to imagine what these extra stats where going to do before reading this. And this is pretty much what I came up with.

I honestly see this being quite cool, only thing that worries me ahead of time is if we'll have control on when our "justice" of "entropy" goes off other than that, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm spending my large chunk of syndicate points on.

I can only hope that Syndicate alerts/mission will dramatically boost our standing within a Syndicate...but those don't exist yet. :\

The 'experimental' thing is quite worrisome though.

Edited by Ailith

Or any of the other weapons ? only 40+ capacity for viper ? Burston primes is the only good one I think of !

40+ capacity for the Viper does allow for a bit more fun with feeling like a madman spraying bullets down a hallway, gunning down a whole squad of Grineer.

Of course, that is my opinion.  

I can only hope that Syndicate alerts/mission will dramatically boost our standing within a Syndicate...but those don't exist yet. :\

The 'experimental' thing is quite worrisome though.

Do you mean the daily Syndicate missions? They exsist. I've done 6 today.

They all seem worthless to me, I'll try to get them, just for the collection, but I dont think I saw any that I would change my build to fit it.

Also, I was pretty sure specters were a huge flop, and now we have faction specters...   :P

Well, we get quite less standing for doing stuff currently.

The alerts do give 250~500 standing, but tbh, thats way too less.

They said, its an endgame content. I don't see there any endgame stuff. Equiping a sigil, killing stuff more than thousand times and eventually getting within 2-3 months a single syndicate mod ... isn't endgame for me.

And being already mentioned, they are pretty useless for me. All of the weapon augs are nothing for me. About ability augs ... I hoped for more. E.g. making Frost's Globe mobile ... why the heck not? Instead of, ice damage buff. Ah ok ... Or Loki - switching increases that and that. Yeah.

The most useful IMO are Ash's, Mirage's and ... dunno, I guess that's it.

Well, we get quite less standing for doing stuff currently.

The alerts do give 250~500 standing, but tbh, thats way too less.

They said, its an endgame content. I don't see there any endgame stuff. Equiping a sigil, killing stuff more than thousand times and eventually getting within 2-3 months a single syndicate mod ... isn't endgame for me.

And being already mentioned, they are pretty useless for me. All of the weapon augs are nothing for me. About ability augs ... I hoped for more. E.g. making Frost's Globe mobile ... why the heck not? Instead of, ice damage buff. Ah ok ... Or Loki - switching increases that and that. Yeah.

The most useful IMO are Ash's, Mirage's and ... dunno, I guess that's it.

Hydroid's makes his puddle heal allies. I find that useful. Also Nekros' one lets him Soul Punch downed allies to revive them. That's pretty nice, though it's a Red Veil mod and I'm with Suda.

Also Nekros' one lets him Soul Punch downed allies to revive them. That's pretty nice, though it's a Red Veil mod and I'm with Suda.

At the cost of: 

1. Shields.

2. Energy.

But these are fine (although sometimes a bit too steep). 

But there is this: Good luck with aiming at an ally and reviving him/her with Soul Punch when you have a multitude of enemies moving around/players moving in and out of your view. Might be less frustrating to just go and revive the downed ally with the context button. 

Well the Hek mod is quite strong... 200% multishot once max ranked? Hek yes!

that's the only good one i've found imho...

All in all i got the same overall impressions about both augments to frames/weapons: "meh"

There's nothing game chaning, there's nothing revolutionary... the bonuses are so minimal that do not any variety nor novelty feeling.

I had so much faith in this... so much disappointed.

IE: DE take example from Diablo 3 runes. Go, do it.

Didn't wanted to clutter my starting post full with it, these are my current impressions of the mods.

1. Steel Meridian.

1.1.Theme: They are all for Grineer weapons so thematically they really fit their faction. However it kind of bothers me that both ranged weapon mods are for primaries and shotguns too. A secondary or at least a rifle type mod would have really balanced this selection out.

1.2.1. Scattered Justice: The most impressive of the Steel Meridian mods. The Hek is a good shotgun and we might get an upgrade to shotguns in general too. 200% multishot could potentialy turn the Hek into a beast.

1.2.2. Justice Blade: This mod sounds okay, but nothing to grind your rear end off just to get. The Cleavers' main attraction is their high crit rate, but the Ichor outclasses it in speed and has an elemental advantage with it's base damage. A crit chance increase would have been more valuable.

1.2.3. Shattering Justice: Since there is no percentage behind the "+20 Status Chance" i assume i boosts the Sobek's status chance to 35% base. Combined with the per-pellet system, this actualy sounds rather nice. But again nothing truely worth the grind. Would have prefered a rifle mod here.

2. Arbiters of Hexes:

2.1. Theme: So the Arbiters of Hexes are either Tenno worshipers or a Tenno splinter faction (or Orokin survivors trying to influence the Tenno). So why is one of their supported weapons a Grineer machine pistol? This kinda disturbs their theme.

2.2.1. Gilded Truth: Not bad. It has nearly the same effect as the basic fire rate increase mod but is cheaper to install and comes with the  +1 Truth thingy. However burst weapons tend to have an issue with firing speed, so the effect might get lost easily.

2.2.2. Blade of Truth: The Jaw Sword is a solid single sword. Being able to triple it's damage (with BoT and the other two damage mods) might give it a chance to compete with the Dakra Prime in terms of raw damage. However it's an alert weapon and beside it's somewhat larger damage output, there is nothing to write home about it. So i'd say this is an okay bonus.

2.2.3. Stinging Truth: Again why the Hek is there a Grineer machine pistol among the Arbiters prefered weapons?  Anyway, since there is no % behind the 40. I assume it adds 40 shots flat to the Viper. But currently we have to assume it's only for the single Viper. Not sure about how good this one could be.

3. Cephalon Suda:

3.1. Theme: So far Suda seems to be a knowledge gathering rogue AI. So a random variation of prefered weapons would actualy fit here. However for some reason we got two Tenno weapon and a Corpus one. I think with this faction in particular we should have a mix between the three major factions. Perhaps even with Infested, Corpus and Grineer. So a Grineer or Infested weapon instead of a second Tenno weapon might have looked nicer.

3.2.1. Entropy Spike: Okay, who thought that this would be usefull or functional? A 0.2% chance to create an explosion with your Bolto (most likely single version only). Who even still has a Bolto (i have an Ak version so that was only meant hypothetical)? How is a microscoping chance for a slightly increased damage supposed to help? This mod looks like a complete waste.

3.2.2. Entropy Flight: So increased flight speed (being able to throw it more often) for the Kestrel? Nice on paper but the Kestrel suffers from low damage and no gimick besides throwing. Not a very good mod for an outclassed weapon.

3.2.3. Entropy Burst: So again a flat 20 increase to the status chance. The Supra has a lot of issues and i think this mod is not going to help fixing them. Projectile speed or spread decrease would have been king here.

4. The Perrin Sequence:

4.1. Theme: So the Perrin Sequence are a Corpus splinter faction. So logical all their supported weapons should be Corpus weapons like with Steel Meridian and their Grineer weapons. So why are two out of three weapons Grineer ones (the Acrid is an obvious Grineer design most like their experiment with Infested tissue)?

They even hate the Steel Meridian, so there is even less reason for them to have Grineer weapon mods. They should have 3 mods for Corpus weapons or at least a Braton mod too (since they could be the best source of the Bratons on the market).

4.2.1 Toxic Sequence: Not sure about this one. The procs main use for players is to prevent enemies from harming them for a while. But currently most proc effects last long enough to do their job and the Acrid's proc chance is rather low. So i don't see much benefit here.

4.2.2. Deadly Sequence: Okay this mod is nice. With the other crit chance mod you can boost the Grinlok to have a 50% crit chance. Combined with the great base damage it could really help the Grinlok. However why again is this a mod rewarded by a Corpus associated faction?

4.2.3. Sequence Burn: Okay this is a JOKE (and i hate to be so negative here). The Spectra is generaly considered to be a mediocre weapon and yet someone apperently thought the best way to make this weapon popular is to increase it's range? Flux Rifle and Quanta, that should have been the weapons for this mod.

5. Red Veil:

5.1. Theme: So the Red Veil theme changed from Freedom fighters to ruthless assassin who follow the logic of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises (actualy what Steve hinted them to be long ago in a devstream). So a dagger is fitting but why Infested weapons? Yes i know toxins are fitting to assassin's, but the infestation is nothing to toy with when all you have are red jumpsuits and big words. Throwing knives or bows could have fit better here i think.

5.2.1. Gleaming Blight: So you can get a 20% chance to apply a radiation proc with this mod? Sounds okay-ish but nothing great. If you have to get close to dagger range you rather want to take out enemies quick rather than bet on a proc.

5.2.2. Eroding Blight: With this mod you can now spray yellow bile at enemies three times as long ... while standing right next to them so they can hack away at you. The Embolist itself is too flawed to make this mod really desirable. Could be usefull but i don't think it's worth the effort to get it.

5.2.3. Toxic Blight: Ah, the Mire blade. I sometimes forget it exist, since i hardly see anyone use it. It's a market weapon and it was the very first infested themed weapon. But overall it's okay damage damage and speed wise. Being able to apply a total of 260% poisen damage is nice and can be combined with eletricity and heat for two of the strongest elementals, but i'm not sure if this mod can be okay or great. I actualy have to test the Mire blade.

6. New Loka:

6.1. Theme: Purity eh? Not sure what weapons would suit this faction best. But it seems there is a focus on Tenno weapons here. However if the Grineer are trying to destroy Earth's nature, why do they reward a mod for one of their weapons? Likewise they seem to condeme that the Orokin covered Earth in a genetical engineered floral nightmare, so why reward Tenno weapon mods if the Tenno are Orokin successors who even protect the artifical jungle?

6.2.1 Winds of Purity: Lifesteal is always nice and the Furis is a solid MP. However again it sounds like this mod will only fit a single Furis, which many might not have in favor of the AFuris. Also a 0.2 Life Steal sounds like you will recover a total of 7 Health for a whole whooping 35 shot magazine. This sounds worthless.

6.2.2. Bright Purity: I'm always in favor of the game getting a better Skana. But a simple 100% damage increase via a mod will not make this sword shine more. Especialy since the Arbiters offer a mod that does the same for the Jaw Sword which has nearly twice the base damage of the Skana. An okay mod but for an underperfoming weapon.

6.2.3. Lasting Purity: No clue what to say about this. What does Dead Aim even mean? Is it the damage of the first shot in the chamber? Is it an increase in damage the further you are away? Honestly this one is a mystery.

Anyway that's my impression. I could be wrong with each of those here, but currently it doesn't look good.

Edited by Othergrunty