Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Outrageous Reputation Costs And Disappointment With The Syndicates

Thundersquid

This was my post in response to a similar thread and thus i copied my post and the quote. I DO NOT OWN THESE IMAGES OR THE ORIGINAL THREAD. I simply felt that it was worth sharing to the rest of the community in hopes that this gets changed.  

zMAkCDU.jpg?1

What do you guys think they're going to ask for in the last 2 rank up?

My first born?

For those of you asking; yes the other syndicate sacrifices are similar

DvjjZw4.jpg?1

The game thinks I'm positive rank 2 instead of negative for perrin sequence.

I really have to agree, it is a huge amount and especially after they quietly nerfed how much rep you gain from missions it seems insurmountable...on top of the rep gain nerf, most people who arent pay to win guys dont have tons of forma, reactors and caty just laying around to hand over for yet another grid to another grind to another grind.  If you kept a potion of the rep you used to level up that might make it bettter but that you use every single piece of rep plus pay the rather expensive price it jsut makes you feel defeated and then the cost doubles from 5k to 22k to 44k to 88k ect ect is just staggeringly out of proportion.  How are casual players ever supposed to get to the upper tiers of stuff unless, yet again, they pay other players to do it for them cuz no one has the time to grind that much.  When the update released you were getting 120-170 rep per mission with defense and survival being good ways to get 1500+ and it seemed like you were making progress. But now we dont even get 100 and defenses on the hardest planet in the game to wave 25or more barely reach over the 800 mark....it completely took the fun out of this entire idea. Its now just another grind or another way to pay the guys who have the time to do something that most people dont. Im not saying i dont appreciate the effort put in the add long lasting semi end game content....but what it requires and the obvious grind is way to much to justify anything....its turning more guys away from the syndicates instead of being the focus it should be for players. The attitude isnt becoming "oh i really want this mod for my gun or warframe and so i gotta do this" but rather "you know, i lived without it thus far and im not here for the grind that much so im gonna go ahead and pass and wait to get it with plat down the road maybe."  is that really what DE is trying to do? I think that some changes could be made to make it more accessible if solely for the reason that casual players dont ever have the ability to access that content in its current state.... and dont even get me started and the secret REP GAIN NERF!!!! What the hell was up with that!!??

An idea that i had (and idk if im answering my own question) was to look at the possibility of making the other signals within the syndicates add more rep per kill or mission objective completed.  As it stands it seems to be linked to your performance in the mission in terms of kills and damage and other stats.  You get 80 rep in a mission and you got around 60 kills so im guessing it has to link.  So why not make it so that the high levels of signals available add to the amount of rep eared per kill or whatever the system is that determines that. For instance, the default signal we get could (these or random number to prove a point) give 4 rep per kill and so high level sigals could up this number by 2 or 3 or 4 ect ect.  That way, you dont dumb down the costs but you allow players to actually spend rep to make rep.  Sorta like the principle of "you gotta spend money to make money."  As it stands those sigals are worthless to my knowledge because everyone is gonna wear nothing but the default one cuz everyone wants the mods and not the sigals.  This would allow players to of their own accord ease the grind so that for instance i could use my 25k rep to buy a sigal thats gonna allow me to make more faster so that the farm isnt so tedious.  Like i said, idk if the current sigals available already do that and i just missed it but if they dont i really feel like this would be a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.   

sorry for the late edit...it randomly hit me. 

Edited by Thundersquid

Ok, I can understand the frustration, but first things first.

1. There is no such things as "pay to win" here. You pay for convenience. You always win - it's mostly PvE game after all.

2. Paying users don't have catalysts, reactors and forma laying about. They'll have to wait for alerts or ditch plat on that too (pt. 1 - convenience again).

3. Syndicates is an end game feature, they are not supposed to give your rewards week after content is available. The way I see it - they are nice addition or attribution to the game, that's all. If you expect it to be a deal breaker, I'm afraid that's not what DE had in mind.

3. Syndicates is an end game feature, they are not supposed to give your rewards week after content is available. The way I see it - they are nice addition or attribution to the game, that's all. If you expect it to be a deal breaker, I'm afraid that's not what DE had in mind.

Just because it takes freakin' forever (i.e a monumental grind) doesn't make it "endgame".

Ok, I can understand the frustration, but first things first.

1. There is no such things as "pay to win" here. You pay for convenience. You always win - it's mostly PvE game after all.

2. Paying users don't have catalysts, reactors and forma laying about. They'll have to wait for alerts or ditch plat on that too (pt. 1 - convenience again).

End game does not mean in most games extending grind. Its new mod to the game: endless grind: +180% grind -500% efficienty.

I agree this system does not cater at all to casual players. I started doing Syndicates but upon realizing what it takes to even get anything in the Syndicate, only with these unholy sacrifices, I quit them, removed the sigils from my frame, and will act as if they never existed until they are improved.

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

I agree this system does not cater at all to casual players. I started doing Syndicates but upon realizing what it takes to even get anything in the Syndicate, only with these unholy sacrifices, I quit them, removed the sigils from my frame, and will act as if they never existed until they are improved.

The sad fact is that many will think the same and U15 will be remembered as grind 2.0. If they dont fix it i dont see the point of even looking at sindicates.

The sad fact is that many will think the same and U15 will be remembered as grind 2.0. If they dont fix it i dont see the point of even looking at sindicates.

I understand their intentions but its all done so so wrong. It hurts to see this is what factions is in a game like Warframe. Its not "join a syndicate, get a key to their base and interact with their leader and npcs for missions and rewards" like I had hoped. Its more of "join a syndicate, wear a sigil most players shrink and hide on their backs, and grind, grind, grind..."

I want them to change this, make it better. I hope the next update fixes this

Are you serious? You think this is bad?

This is perfectly acceptable. We are talking about long-term goals, right? I'd expect that syndicate rank 4 will require a prime warframe with a reactor insatlled and rank 5 will require a boltor prime that has exactly 4 V slots and 4 - slots. Fact: both catalyst and reactor can appear as alert reward or invasion reward. The whole point is to make sacrifice meaningful. Like, update 16 may have incentives to betray cephalon suda, but you would you really betray it if you had to offer up a 7-forma boltor prime for max rank? You probably won't.

I ask you: what takes a year to achieve in this game? Nothing. And there should be something.

There should be more exquisite sacrifices. Like sacrificing a level 30 Kubrow that has been taken to at least 66 Syndicate alerts, sacrificing a 7 forma prime weapon with exact required polarities, sacrifice of a Rare 10 mod. And if you betray the Syndicate you lose it all, so even if in new update the enemy offers a mod that gives soma +500% crit damage you trade for that mod instead of betraying your syndicate because you don't want to forma a weapon 7 times and max a rank 10 rare mod again just to burn them to get max rank again when your syndicate offers mod that enables God Mod while your melee combo counter is above 7.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

The more I learn about syndicates, the more disappointed I am.

I just hope they simply didn't think things through, like the math that said maxing all syndicates would take 5 years of game time. I hope they adjust things. It's one thing to make things hard, a different one to make them virtually impossible.

This is perfectly acceptable. We are talking about long-term goals, right? I'd expect that syndicate rank 4 will require a prime warframe with a reactor insatlled and rank 5 will require a boltor prime that has exactly 4 V slots and 4 - slots. Fact: both catalyst and reactor can appear as alert reward or invasion reward. The whole point is to make sacrifice meaningful. Like, update 16 may have incentives to betray cephalon suda, but you would you really betray it if you had to offer up a 7-forma boltor prime for max rank? You probably won't.

I ask you: what takes a year to achieve in this game? Nothing. And there should be something.

There should be more exquisite sacrifices. Like sacrificing a level 30 Kubrow that has been taken to at least 66 Syndicate alerts, sacrificing a 7 forma prime weapon with exact required polarities, sacrifice of a Rare 10 mod. And if you betray the Syndicate you lose it all, so even if in new update the enemy offers a mod that gives soma +500% crit damage you trade for that mod instead of betraying your syndicate because you don't want to forma a weapon 7 times and max a rank 10 rare mod again just to burn them to get max rank again when your syndicate offers mod that enables God Mod while your melee combo counter is above 7.

Who the hell in their right mind would even sacrifice these kind of things? Those are a joke. I'm assuming your joking on this so I'll humor you, good one ha ha ha.

But seriously with awful rewards we have now, those sacrifices would be so far into left field even MORE players would forget about Syndicates. I'm not going to toss them a weapon I spent 40+ hours perfecting and building just for new title or mod. And that's the issue, that's how nearly every player would see that. They want a Kubrow? Sure I'll give em one I got 12, I find them useless anyway. But my guns? Nope. Unless your offering me an improved weapon in return, no way.

[sNAP HORROR STORY]

Your proposal of sacrifices seems a tad extreme for me :P

Guys, I just voiced my opinion - I still think Syndicates are just a nice "feature". Sure, they should probably better adjust rep points, but still - if somebody will grind rep points just to get Syndicate level... you are playing Warframe wrong IMO. Just play the game you like to and your rep will grow ... I think at least (PS4 doesn't have it yet, so I have no base).

Who the hell in their right mind would even sacrifice these kind of things? Those are a joke. I'm assuming your joking on this so I'll humor you, good one ha ha ha.

But seriously with awful rewards we have now, those sacrifices would be so far into left field even MORE players would forget about Syndicates. I'm not going to toss them a weapon I spent 40+ hours perfecting and building just for new title or mod. And that's the issue, that's how nearly every player would see that. They want a Kubrow? Sure I'll give em one I got 12, I find them useless anyway. But my guns? Nope. Unless your offering me an improved weapon in return, no way.

Well, I wasn't joking. Of course my example assumes that appropriate rewards are added! I know nobody is going to sacrifice a 7 forma weapon for a sigil.

Let me make an example... At max rank Cephalon Suda requires a maxed copy of Serration plus a boltor prime that has every existing polarity (there are 7 polarities in this game) to "test altering mod polarity to unlock their potential for specific weapons".

Reward: rank 10 Rare boltor-prime exclusive mod "Serrated Bolts" that adds +330% base damage and stacks with serration.

Well, I wasn't joking. Of course my example assumes that appropriate rewards are added! I know nobody is going to sacrifice a 7 forma weapon for a sigil.

Let me make an example... At max rank Cephalon Suda requires a maxed copy of Serration plus a boltor prime that has every existing polarity (there are 7 polarities in this game) to "test altering mod polarity to unlock their potential for specific weapons".

Reward: rank 10 Rare boltor-prime exclusive mod "Serrated Bolts" that adds +330% base damage and stacks with serration.

OK in that case its somewhat more believable. My issue with mods like that is they would blow up the inflation of the trade market. Players would be selling these left and right making HUGE profits, and simply trading a small amount of just for another Boltor.

Don't get me wrong I'm not picking holes in your example, its an example and we all know Boltor P doesn't need anymore damage boosts :P

If Weapon and Warframe Augments were much better I would understand the cost of sacrifice. As it stands, tossing away a reactor or catalyst just for the third rank in a syndicate is just trash.

EDIT: Had to go edit all my awful grammar due to lack of sleep from grinding with archwing

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

I understand their intentions but its all done so so wrong. It hurts to see this is what factions is in a game like Warframe. Its not "join a syndicate, get a key to their base and interact with their leader and npcs for missions and rewards" like I had hoped. Its more of "join a syndicate, wear a sigil most players shrink and hide on their backs, and grind, grind, grind..."

I want them to change this, make it better. I hope the next update fixes this

Shrink? Ew!

I freaking holy hella supersize those things and incorporate them to my design in whatever way makes me look badass. :D

Edited by WingedCrusade

I think it's different for other unless it was changed.

No! Not Fido...! D:

Edited by WingedCrusade