Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That Syndicate Standing Was 'fixed,' Make High Rank Sigils Do More!

HolidayPi3

I'll start off by saying I liked how rep worked for a couple of days. Before the hotfix, you used to gain about twice as much rep if you used only one weapon and your frame.

In my opinion, this was a nifty system because it rewarded challenge. It rewarded players who were willing to go on long excursions with just their frame and favorite gun without any backup from a sentinel, and without a secondary or melee with lifestrike to fall back on. Risk was rewarded. This is probably the closest we've been to skill being rewarded..

That might sound dramatic, but that's all my opinion. So instead and whine and cry that it's gone, I'll leave that feedback behind and offer a suggestion.

Most players have noticed that higher rank sigils don't do anything for rep gain. Why not make these higher rank sigils multiply your standing?

This makes players feel more invested in their chosen factions because while they're gaining more rep for their chosen faction, they're also digging themselves deeper holes in others. Not to mention the amount of rep we spend on the sigils would make it a huge investment.

My 2c.

I agree with your sentiment, OP, but this example is bad.

There was not a significant amount of "risk" involved in not bringing a secondary, and the reward is doubled. In fact, most players with high-end gear (and even without, really) don't bother switching weapons very often, so not bringing one barely affects the way you play the game. At best it's a momentary annoyance. This is not a handicap that warrants a doubled payoff.

If you have an idea for a REAL handicap, then I completely agree with you. I also agree with the notion that higher ranking sigils should affect point accumulation rate.

There was not a significant amount of "risk" involved in not bringing a secondary, and the reward is doubled. In fact, most players with high-end gear (and even without, really) don't bother switching weapons very often, so not bringing one barely affects the way you play the game. At best it's a momentary annoyance. This is not a handicap that warrants a doubled payoff.

Aye. This is why I refrained from saying that skill was rewarded. The only instance that I felt threatened without a sentinel / secondary / melee was against very high level Grineer. Why? Because you could not bounce back from bleed damage unless you brought a lot of pancakes. Also being disarmed meant you had... nothing. But I concur. The ratio of risk-to-reward heavily favored reward.

This is also why I left it as feedback instead of asking to bring it back-- rather to show DE that we like when reward is tied to challenge.

I understand that this system is very much in its infancy. Others have suggested that faction specific challenges award Rep gain. IE Arbiters gain rep for scoring kills with melee, or Red Veil gaining rep for dismemberment and headshots. These are the sort of things that alter gameplay, and things that I'd like to see more of. But I'm rambling...

It should be a feature and not a "bug" . Challenging yourself to see if you can handle very high end enemies and have the proper equipment / frame was not only rewarding but also fun . However DE does not like fun and neither can  understand what veteran players want. The whole syndicate thing is for new players only. They still have done nothing for veterans and syndicate not only does not add anything to us but also make us go from square one .DE is obvious that cares for only new players to do a big impresion but nothing to those who been following the game from its roots

It should be a feature and not a "bug" . Challenging yourself to see if you can handle very high end enemies and have the proper equipment / frame was not only rewarding but also fun . However DE does not like fun and neither can  understand what veteran players want. The whole syndicate thing is for new players only. They still have done nothing for veterans and syndicate not only does not add anything to us but also make us go from square one .DE is obvious that cares for only new players to do a big impresion but nothing to those who been following the game from its roots

I'd hardly call it something for new players, considering the only way to get any sane reputation gain requires going high wave/round in T4/interceptions right now; even then it's a lot of grinding just to see any kind of benefit.

Edited by Elvang

I'd hardly call it something for new players, considering the only way to get any sane reputation gain requires going high wave/round in T4/interceptions right now; even then it's a long term goal just to see any kind of benefit.

It starts from rank 3 definetely for new players that did not had do anything so along their grinding they would gather the points . For example i have done 2000 + hours with lots of grind that any normal player would do in those 2000 hours is imposible for a new player not to max the syndicate they choosed . Also if it was for high end playres it would be rank 10 and not 3

Edited by Garuger

Wait what happened, what did they change? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with all the patch notes and I dun wanna read through 6 posts worth of bullet points

If you had 1 weapon and the frame you got almost double or more syndicate points . For example before patch with 4 waves of Cerberus in Pluto you got 1000 + points not after the hotfix you only get 400+

Well, time to bring my weapons back from the freezer. No more one weapon runs.

*Sigh* Should have run more times before they took it out. Oh well, maybe at least now they would actually fix Syndicate being next to impossible to level up.

Better yet, why don't we have a system where each additional unique Sigil you own add the multiplier for the reputation? That way, both cheaper and more expensive sigils will be useful.

Well, time to bring my weapons back from the freezer. No more one weapon runs.

*Sigh* Should have run more times before they took it out. Oh well, maybe at least now they would actually fix Syndicate being next to impossible to level up.

Better yet, why don't we have a system where each additional unique Sigil you own add the multiplier for the reputation? That way, both cheaper and more expensive sigils will be useful.

Because DE was that answer good enough ? :D

its not even slightest a challenge to Sechura with a single weapon to gring XP/reputation, but this change making grind twice longer (if its confirmed) ...  

Im not even going to bother grinding insane amounts of rep (like 20 hrs non-stop for 50k)

its not even slightest a challenge to Sechura with a single weapon to gring XP/reputation, but this change making grind twice longer (if its confirmed) ...  

Im not even going to bother grinding insane amounts of rep (like 20 hrs non-stop for 50k)

even with nerf it isn't that bad