Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Makes Me Uneasy; It Feels Uncomfortably Close To Jumping The Shark.

duenor

As in, "jump the shark".

I felt drawn in by the idea of space ninjas fighting a desperate battle against overwhelming odds. I was thrilled by Lotus playing Oracle to my Dark Knight, an interplanetary warrior of ancient power and eldritch weaponry. Each warframe felt plausible within this diaspora.

However, Limbo disrupts this. A magician, with a hat that he can doff? Are we now taking pages out of DC's missteps? Will we next see a warframe whose theme is rainbows and music notes?

I am delighted by the idea of the void, shadow walking, etc. But the idea of a hat-and-bunny magician is just as disruptive here in Warframe as it is in the world of Metropolis.

But, perhaps I am just too old for this game. It may be that I have just outgrown delight at seeing everything I consider cool all in one place. 

I'm ok with his skill set but his design is way too silly. That said, we also have 2 clowns, a bird chick, a puddle pirate octopus, a crazy half-flayed berzerker and a porcelain candle antimatter doll. The only 2 frames I can consider Ninja-eske are Ash and Loki.

I felt drawn in by the idea of space ninjas fighting a desperate battle against overwhelming odds. I was thrilled by Lotus playing Oracle to my Dark Knight, an interplanetary warrior of ancient power and eldritch weaponry. Each warframe felt plausible within this diaspora.

If this is the metaphorical "shark", then we jumped it long before Limbo came around.

Hell, I'd get pretty damn silly too if I could kill hundreds with a punch to the ground. 

And let's not forget that as children they were exposed to the horrors of the void, abandoned by their entire society, and then forced to fight for the same people who had turned them into monsters. Who they then killed.

Not exactly the kind of upbringing that leads to a stable psyche.

The last few frames have been a bit goofy. Limbo probably being the most imo.

Personally I'm not a fan of the design, mostly the top hat bit.

It feels like the devs have gotten very comfortable with the success of warframe and are now just trying to do whatever they think is fun or funny. Which is completely fine they should enjoy what they're doing but I also hope it doesn't continue to go in this direction.

Throwing in one "lol" frame for funsies every 10 or so frames is fine with me. You can't be serious 100% of the time. I think they definitely could have made a completely badass frame with the "void" theme but they decided to go for something funny. They can't please everyone I guess.

You pick Limbo instead of a puddle and a bird?

I'm ok with his skill set but his design is way too silly. That said, we also have 2 clowns, a bird chick, a puddle pirate octopus, a crazy half-flayed berzerker and a porcelain candle antimatter doll. The only 2 frames I can consider Ninja-eske are Ash and Loki.

If this is the metaphorical "shark", then we jumped it long before Limbo came around.

DE really pushed the line with his design. Im ok with it and I honestly kinda of like it and his abilities. But if they push the line any further, I will be upset.

And let's not forget that as children they were exposed to the horrors of the void, abandoned by their entire society, and then forced to fight for the same people who had turned them into monsters. Who they then killed.

Not exactly the kind of upbringing that leads to a stable psyche.

Judging by the Orokin interior design, I do not think they were above a Magician Frame.

It feels like the devs have gotten very comfortable with the success of warframe and are now just trying to do whatever they think is fun or funny. Which is completely fine they should enjoy what they're doing but I also hope it doesn't continue to go in this direction.

Throwing in one "lol" frame for funsies every 10 or so frames is fine with me. You can't be serious 100% of the time. I think they definitely could have made a completely badass frame with the "void" theme but they decided to go for something funny. They can't please everyone I guess.

I just dont like that hes wearing a tuxedo. I find it hard to to take him seriously as a warrior when hes wearing a tux. All of the other designs, even though they arent ninjas, look like something someone would fight in.

i hope that the next alt helm he gets is a hood so people could stop. the hat is the only thing silly about his design. everything else seems perfectly fine imo.

I just dont like that hes wearing a tuxedo. I find it hard to to take him seriously as a warrior when hes wearing a tux. All of the other designs, even though they arent ninjas, look like something someone would fight in.

Superman has his underwear outside. Rhino has a codpiece, pretty sure a hat is just fine.

You have Tenno that are designed to be a little more stealthy and silent, slip behind enemy lines and do damage.

And you have Tenno that are designed to be on the front-lines, soldiers in the battle against the oncoming force.

And each has a different look to their otherwise-similarly-functional equipment. No different from real life.

Mirage, Limbo, these more "crazy" designed Warframes are the latter. They weren't made for stealth in mind, but for raw damage and utility in the front lines of conflict against their enemies - this, of course, being during the Old War when the fight against the Sentients required such battles.

Edited by Morec0