Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For An Anti-Corpus Secondary Weapon

GinKenshin

Question

Hoi Tenno 

I'm looking for a good IMPACT damgeweapon to fight corpus, I already have a Cernos as a primary so I'd like an auto secondary, I've read in wiki and liked the twin gremlines with corpus build and the Akbronco prime but I'm welcome to suggestions :)

Thank You 

22 answers to this question

Marelok is hands down the best secondary weapon in the game - period.

Angstrum might be more boomy - but it might also kill you.

angstrum isnt full auto and really does not fit the question but you only die if you shoot it at point blank range.   I think I have killed myself with it twice, once due to the new disarm mechanic.... that was a nasty surprise.   I find it to be an excellent anti everything weapon.  Acrid works but is not auto.   Mare isnt auto either, he asked about an auto, and while mare is nice, it does not meet the question. 

Ask for an auto, get recommendations for everything but lol. 

Probably because the full auto sidearms are slightly lacking IMHO.  I have not tried them all but they seem a little weaker than you might like for the ammo consumed. 

Edited by jonnin

angstrum isnt full auto and really does not fit the question but you only die if you shoot it at point blank range.   I think I have killed myself with it twice, once due to the new disarm mechanic.... that was a nasty surprise.   I find it to be an excellent anti everything weapon.  Acrid works but is not auto.   Mare isnt auto either, he asked about an auto, and while mare is nice, it does not meet the question. 

Ask for an auto, get recommendations for everything but lol. 

Probably because the full auto sidearms are slightly lacking IMHO.  I have not tried them all but they seem a little weaker than you might like for the ammo consumed. 

I only want auto cos the cernos (my primary for the corpus build) is a bow, and slow firing, I have latron p (semi auto) and despair for grineer and corrupted, braton p and embolist for infested......see the pattern, my secondary completes what my primary is lacking, that's how I want my builds 

Castanas if you're in a clan and like throwing weapons (test out MK-1 Kunai if you haven't tried any thrown weapons), Akmagnus if you're not (and prefer pistols over thrown electric-proccing stickyknife-bombs).

Akmagnus have good crit chance, good crit damage and good status chance. Put on a good element (like Blast), Quickdraw and mods that will improve status chance (Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Pistol Pestilence) - you'll hardly need to try.

Castanas are pretty much Kunai or Hikou, but with an astounding clip size of 2. Fortunately, each bombknife sticks to walls, enemies, allies, cryopods... anything. Toss them into a group, detonate them - the blast radius and electric proc absolutely destroys Corpus.

Well, I guess I'll just be the odd man out and suggest Castanas. With a couple of forma they become pretty devastating. They aren't by any means the best but they are definitely anti-corpus.

Thank you for not saying Marelok, Brakk or Angstrum. So sick of seeing everyone with the standard loadout of Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, Marelok and Dragon Nikana.

Id encourage you to take a look at the Acrid again. It may be semi-auto but the fire rate is pretty high, and having pure toxin is like dealing 2-3x bonus damage just because you can fully ignore shields.

Build it with Damage, both multishots, +150% Toxin, Bane, and Quickdraw. You will not regret it.

For an extreme example, each 1 toxin damage against an Anti-Moa is worth 5.75 Impact damage.

Here's a curve ball... Akstiletto. It's not crazy OP, but it is Impact damage heavy and has decent Status and crit chance. The reload is really fast, 1ish second and the fire rate makes conserving ammo a breeze while still being able to lay down some serious CC in a pinch.

Acrid is good, too.

Here's a curve ball... Akstiletto. It's not crazy OP, but it is Impact damage heavy and has decent Status and crit chance. The reload is really fast, 1ish second and the fire rate makes conserving ammo a breeze while still being able to lay down some serious CC in a pinch.

Acrid is good, too.

@OP:  if full-auto is what you're looking for...I second this guy's recommendations.^

Edited by castem