Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"ohh Noo. The Hyper Grind. "

ShirowMasamune

You know I can really feel it, Took a few days to rank up my syndicate and that was not even grinding it was just playing.

2 days and i am already a quarter of a way through my next rank up. So I'll have another rank up well before the end of the week if i just play the game normally. "actually I can't even call it playing normally at the moment, do syndicate missions (maybe an alert) and log off till the next day"

By the looks of how its going the rank after that will take little more than a week of just normal play.

Sooooo Blimey DE. You really are making me work hard for the syndicate. a little time out of my life each day for a couple of weeks. many grind such points.

Sooooo Blimey DE. You really are making me work hard for the syndicate. a little time out of my life each day for a couple of weeks. many grind such points.

Instead of farming like crazy. Take a break and take the game as a casual fun experience. That way, the grind will never get to you.

Can't tell if you are meeting sarcasm with irony, orrr missing the sarcasm

Nope. No sarcasm. No Irony (at least it isn't intended).

I was generally just saying "To avoid grind: Never take it so seriously that you end up burning out."

Apologies if it was taken in the wrong way

it's supposed to be an investment. DE can't just give everything to you from the start. they want this to be something people invest into.

and it doesn't really matter how long it will take to rank up because every single mission grants you rep. they literally made it easy for you. by playing the game as it should be you are technically "grinding" rep for syndicates.

it's supposed to be an investment. DE can't just give everything to you from the start. they want this to be something people invest into.and it doesn't really matter how long it will take to rank up because every single mission grants you rep. they literally made it easy for you. by playing the game as it should be you are technically "grinding" rep for syndicates.

I think you really are missing the sarcasm

I just got to rank 2 with Suda, and I didn't even feel it. Let grinders burn themselves out, they'll learn to enjoy the game eventually.

Thing is. ???????? Where on earth is the grind ? If this is so difficult and so unreasonable and takes up soo much time ? Surly they are grinding wrong if I can do about 6 missions and be a quarter the way towards my next rank, with no effort at all

Thing is. ???????? Where on earth is the grind ? If this is so difficult and so unreasonable and takes up soo much time ? Surly they are grinding wrong if I can do about 6 missions and be a quarter the way towards my next rank, with no effort at all

They're forcing themselves to a single mission over and over with a particular setup, that's the grind. It's no wonder anyone would hate that. But as the old Zen joke went, when you have one eye on the goal you only have one eye on the road. Instead we can do whatever it is we like to do in this game with a sigil on and get rep without noticing, and it goes by like a breeze.

Some people go to Vida (?) Eris

There is also Cerberus, Pluto

I think using boosters increases rep as well

also the lower your conclave + the more kills you get = more rep

I dont spend all my time doing that though

I just do it once in a while so I dont get burned out on those missons

Edited by Anatolius

it's compared to how fast you want to achieve certain rank. someboby just want rank 5 in a week, then the grind level is super high, but if u plan to reach rank 5 in a month or two. it's not that hard

But thats the thing, Its fine if people want to do that to grind fast, But that's their choice is it not ? Keep seeing people complaining about the grind when in actuality, unless you force there to be a grind, There is no grind at all

it's compared to how fast you want to achieve certain rank. someboby just want rank 5 in a week, then the grind level is super high, but if u plan to reach rank 5 in a month or two. it's not that hard

But thats the thing, Its fine if people want to do that to grind fast, But that's their choice is it not ? Keep seeing people complaining about the grind when in actuality, unless you force there to be a grind, There is no grind at all

If it's any sort of consolation, I still prefer this over pay-or-wait.

HOLY CARP MAYN. I HAVE TO PUT EFFFORT 'TO PROGRESSING IN A GAEM. WORSTR GAME EVER.

pardon my hyperbole.

Exactly. This is what i meant about how developers of anything just can't win " different topic"

When its basically just linear walking down a corridor as the game does everything for you. Its called bad. But This is the same case in reverse. You have to play the game instead of it marching you down a corridor and doing things for you. and its bad by the same merits -.-

The grind isn't that bad I agree.

Don't know what everyone is complaining about. Sure the rep values needed are bit much but eh.

The issue is people focus to much on actively grinding for something and get all ansty about it.

I avoid hardcore grinding as much as possible and just try to enjoy the game.

Multitasking helps as well. If I know I'm running low on something like neurodes etc and I'm leveling a weapon I'll take it to earth and kill two birds with one stone. Same with grinding for prime parts. As long a the weapon can handle it then I'll go do the relevant void mission and hopefully snag a part I need.

Makes the grind much easier.

People also seem to be missing the fact that this is part endgame and you aren't supposed to burn through it super fast. Its something you work on while just enjoying the game and chilling.

"waaaagh! NO ENDGAME! WAAAGGHH!" "WAAAAGHH burnt through new content too fast waaaghhh! WHERE MEH ENDGAME!??"

Sure WF needs a bit more then grind to look forward to but syndicates are hardly the worst offender.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Exactly. This is what i meant about how developers of anything just can't win " different topic"

When its basically just linear walking down a corridor as the game does everything for you. Its called bad. But This is the same case in reverse. You have to play the game instead of it marching you down a corridor and doing things for you. and its bad by the same merits -.-

Well, that's actually debatable, believe it or not. Developers need to have a way to OBLIGE you to walk down a corridor.

For example, the developers of F.E.A.R. use the atmosphere and play on your paranoia as a "push" to keep you going. This is augmented by fantastic gunplay and visuals, as well as level design.

Now, the problem with both this game, and games such as borderlands and destiny is that they rely on "Possible reward" as a "push", and as it is YOUR choice to replay a level again and again to get what you want, you can still fall into a burnout over mediocre things, such as killing efficiency. This is caused when people gain a mindset that tells them: "When I get THIS thing, THEN I can enjoy the game." or "In order to progress further, I NEED this." When this happens, the coming becomes drawn-out and repetitive.

Personally? I refuse to grind at all. Sure, it makes the game that much more tedious, but the sense of fufillment afterward is worth it when I can proudly say that I beat a level 70 Lephantis with an unranked Lato.

TL:DR: In order to fix burnout, DE needs to create better, or add more "push" to gameplay.

EDIT: Spoiler'd to avoid a wall of text.

Edited by Snydrex

that's normal reaction. i am half way through rank 4 title in red veil. so i did grind a lot last week. i feel grinding can be more interesting as well, currently the rep system is solely dependent on exp, which basiacally means more kils=more rep. not only it could bore players fast, it's also unfair to warframes do not specialize in killing enemies, unless you work with a team. daily syndicate mission is good addition, but i think we could have more, more various objectives to gain standings

what i like about DE is they might not be the best game developer in the world, but they do improve their game a lot. and some flawed system becomes much better over time.

Edited by Eric1738

People also seem to be missing the fact that this is part endgame and you aren't supposed to burn through it super fast. Its something you work on while just enjoying the game and chilling.

I think that's peoples exact problem people have with it and why the level of anger was never this bad for the sometimes huge amount of grind involved with obtaining prime weapons. 

'Endgame' as far as people want it, needs to be an active grind. It is something they feel that they can focus on and progress towards, much the way they can focus on farming prime weapons. It doesn't matter if they make a prime weapon require five, six, or even seven pieces, it is easy to feel like an attempt at each piece is an active contribution to the goal, and obtaining each piece is another successful goal in and of itself. These feelings are missing from syndicates. The size of the grind is broken up in to smaller components that feel like contributions to the goal. 

But with Syndicates, not only is it that the best place to farm points is obscure, it is also going to be the same for every syndicate, every run, every time. These make it feel a totally passive and unengaging grind, that no one knows. It's greyness obscured by greyness. Bleh.  

The feeling is missing that this is something you can focus on after you're done grinding weapons. It's a midgame type of reward system, but with an endgame length. It appeals to no one. 

I think that's peoples exact problem people have with it and why the level of anger was never this bad for the sometimes huge amount of grind involved with obtaining prime weapons. 

'Endgame' as far as people want it, needs to be an active grind. It is something they feel that they can focus on and progress towards, much the way they can focus on farming prime weapons. It doesn't matter if they make a prime weapon require five, six, or even seven pieces, it is easy to feel like an attempt at each piece is an active contribution to the goal, and obtaining each piece is another successful goal in and of itself. These feelings are missing from syndicates. The size of the grind is broken up in to smaller components that feel like contributions to the goal. 

But with Syndicates, not only is it that the best place to farm points is obscure, it is also going to be the same for every syndicate, every run, every time. These make it feel a totally passive and unengaging grind, that no one knows. It's greyness obscured by greyness. Bleh.  

The feeling is missing that this is something you can focus on after you're done grinding weapons. It's a midgame type of reward system, but with an endgame length. It appeals to no one. 

Its far from perfect and you have a good point, but it also helps to look at it this perspective: I have very rarely ever been disappointed with content DE has introduced. Why? Because I know that effectively everything we have now is very likely to change and be improved on. Syndicates are  a good example of this.

On the surface its more grind, sure. But its highly likely that syndicate specific alerts for example will become more engaging and have a story and different game modes, rewards and content.

I think that mide set helps take the edge of all these issues.

If there is something I don't like I'll be sure to make a thread about it and offer suggestions or changes, but I tend to hold off on that especially when something has just be released and is clearly unfinished (like most of the game) unless its absolutely redonk like some of DE's past decisions.

Ultimately a lot of things in WF are far from perfect or finished, but a lot of player base make it worse for themselves by focusing on the problem, be that grind or whatever. They make such an active effort to go and grind for things etc that thats all there is for them. 

On the odd chance I do grind for something I make sure to focus on the fun and not just the reward. Multitasking helps.

For example right now I'm going through forma on my opticore because I love the thing and its really fun to use. While I'm having fun leveling that I'm also taking care of my syndicate missions, grinding resources I need and void keys, then taking that badboy on some void runs. If I get a snazzy new prime along the way then thats a bonus.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Instead of farming like crazy. Take a break and take the game as a casual fun experience. That way, the grind will never get to you.

So much this, i started doing this after i bought my 7.5k sigil and i found out i dont get bonus rep, just looked now 2 days later and im 1k away from the next tier, just gota build a forma.