Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Mod Request: Frost Eximus Style Ice-Globe

Genji

A great way to troll my teammates!

+1 would support this augment again

P.S. To DE designers: you can also look at balancing it of course, e.g. augment allows snow globes to move with Frost, but with a size reduction, or allied gunfire passes through it, etc

Frost got one of the crappiest augments and it makes me sad (see avatar).

Edited by gell

DO WANT

^ ^ ^ This.

I can't upvote this idea enough. I would absolutely love to have this become an augment mod and would gladly sacrifice a mod in my build to use this utility.

+1,000,000,000

+1,000,000,001

You Sir, have been 1up'd.... Yep.  

Augments are not supposed to remove features from abilities. 

If you turn Snow Globe into the Eximus version, you are fundamentally changing the ability's strategy. 

Snow Globe is supposed to be castable on a stationary point, leaving frost free to roam the map. 

It can also be cast multiple times. 

If you change snow globe into the eximus version, you will have it following you all over the map, removing the strategic intent of the original. 

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'd say say the chances of this being implemented are from zero to negative. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Augments are not supposed to remove features from abilities. 

If you turn Snow Globe into the Eximus version, you are fundamentally changing the ability's strategy. 

Snow Globe is supposed to be castable on a stationary point, leaving frost free to roam the map. 

It can also be cast multiple times. 

If you change snow globe into the eximus version, you will have it following you all over the map, removing the strategic intent of the original. 

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'd say say the chances of this being implemented are from zero to negative. 

To the OP, on that same train of thought, what happens when you cast multiple globes? 

Will the previous globe become stationary at the point where you casted your next one (which will now follow you)? Or will they just stack one over the other on top of you?

Maybe augments should be this way though. Changing functionality creates a tradeoff, much like corrupted mods, which presents opportunities for players to pick and choose how they want to build, instead of just taking mods because they're straight-up better. The current augments appear only to buff the abilities with no downsides.

Edited by Sabre7

You're looking at it wrong BrazilianJoe. Augments all currently change the default behavior of a power. You say it alters the strategy of the power. You doon't think other augments already do that?

What is the OP removing? All the OP asked is to add a feature to the existing power. With the mod you could still use it to sit on a point and guard it. It seems like a reasonable augment mod to me. It could add a different form of strategic use to the power. If they add an augment mod like this in you can always not use it.

You're looking at it wrong BrazilianJoe. Augments all currently change the default behavior of a power. You say it alters the strategy of the power. You doon't think other augments already do that?

What is the OP removing? All the OP asked is to add a feature to the existing power. With the mod you could still use it to sit on a point and guard it. It seems like a reasonable augment mod to me. It could add a different form of strategic use to the power. If they add an augment mod like this in you can always not use it.

He's actually right. Other augments don't remove functions of the original ability. They all add bonus features on top of what the ability already originally had. Hall of Mirrors --> malevolence (functions the same but adds dmg), Smokescreen --> Smoke Shadow (now affects ash +others), psychic bolts --> pacifying (adds stun effect). As you can see, they all add a bonus effect, but the original effect was unchanged.

This suggestion changes snowglobe from a stationary shield that can be planted on tactical positions into a globe that follows frost himself, which means that suddenly high-priority stationary objects like cryopods during defence will be unprotected if frost moves too far away, although this depends how they implement multiple casts of globe.

Like I asked previously, will a 2nd cast of the globe shed the original one at the point where the 2nd was cast?

Augments are... (edit to prevent wall of text)

In this case, why not make it a avalanche augmentation instead? Cast avalanche and it will spawn a Eximus style ice-globe around you. This would make the ultimate usefully and not overpower since the cost of energy to cast it should balance it. If you feel this is too much overpower, just make it a fix number of damage it can take.

He's actually right. Other augments don't remove functions of the original ability. They all add bonus features on top of what the ability already originally had. Hall of Mirrors --> malevolence (functions the same but adds dmg), Smokescreen --> Smoke Shadow (now affects ash +others), psychic bolts --> pacifying (adds stun effect). As you can see, they all add a bonus effect, but the original effect was unchanged.

This suggestion changes snowglobe from a stationary shield that can be planted on tactical positions into a globe that follows frost himself, which means that suddenly high-priority stationary objects like cryopods during defence will be unprotected if frost moves too far away, although this depends how they implement multiple casts of globe.

Like I asked previously, will a 2nd cast of the globe shed the original one at the point where the 2nd was cast?

Making the globe move with the frame doesn't remove functionality outside of maybe placing multiple globes which your last sentence would resolve. The Frost could stay with their target if they want to keep it protected. Another option is if you are on a mission like defense you use a loadout that doesn't use the mod. The proposed mod would give Frosts the ability to use globe on highly mobile missions like capture/exterminate/sabotage instead of becoming a fairly useless power.

Making the globe move with the frame doesn't remove functionality outside of maybe placing multiple globes which your last sentence would resolve. The Frost could stay with their target if they want to keep it protected. Another option is if you are on a mission like defense you use a loadout that doesn't use the mod. The proposed mod would give Frosts the ability to use globe on highly mobile missions like capture/exterminate/sabotage instead of becoming a fairly useless power.

Not saying you couldn't just have an alt mod set as you said, just that no other ability altering mod works this way so far because no other ability had a trait of its ability removed. I don't even think there's anything wrong with that, just pointing out that it doesn't follow the theme of the other syndicate mods.

that would be OP as f***, i like it

1 downside only:

if you are defending something you basically cant move... because the protection you are meant to give to the objective (or ur team mates) moves around with u (ie: you cant go revive an ally without leaving the pod uncovered)

Edited by Phoenix86

that would be OP as f***, i like it

1 downside only:

if you are defending something you basically cant move... because the protection you are meant to give to the objective (or ur team mates) moves around with u (ie: you cant go revive an ally without leaving the pod uncovered)

It has its trade-off, that makes me feel hopeful that they will consider adding it.

• 2 months later...