Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grakata.

EchoLG

indeed it feels like a beginner gun.

the sound and feel is comparable to full auto 9mm

being a new gun with new artwork and all, i went and picked one up.

lots of fun to run and gun with but very weak in power  -then again, i have yet to try it out with stacked mods; i only got the Grakata up to level 15 or something low like that so it's too early for me to make a real assessment on it, this is all based on first impression.

for now, i would have to agree with Habba: Gorgon or Boltor are definitely great choices for high end game damage

I happen to like HEK and Paris

I am guessing that Grakata, with the right MODS,  can be made as deadly or can be made to have an advantage that the others don't - maybe other players can give us both input on that one since I am also curious about this 

I just came here to say that it does NOT sound like a full auto 9mm.It sounds like I fart through a paper screen.

Otherwise regarding the Grakata I feel I beat this argument to death in other threads.

TLDR: gun is lacking, compared to almost every other in the game.

I have gotten a Boltor, potatoed it and now have it at level 15, can't realy say  it's absolutely awesome, but it's okay I guess, I still prefer the Braton way over it, I personaly believe that the Boltor just can't much the speed at which the Braton takes out enemies with it's instant damage and insane fire rate, just wish it had a polarity slot and it would be my dream weapon.

I hate the Gorgon, it's slow spin up is a horrible thing in my eyes, I want my weapons ready at all times and at full efficiency the moment I pull the trigger. Maybe it is good for defence, but I hate that mode seeing how you have to stay in one place, I didn't sign up for this game to stay in one place, I want to be a ninja running all over the long spaceship corridors.

The Paris is awesome indeed and very unique.

The HEK is the gun of guns, the end, I don't want to compare anything to it :P

Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

My Gorgon has absolutely zero spin up time at all. Using the +fire rate mod not only increases how many rounds come out per second, but also reduces/removes the spool up time entirely.

I suppose I get what you're saying

The thing is, the Grakata does indeed seem to be a beginner's weapon, and while I haven't personally used it; the numbers do make me feeling iffy about buying it

If I could get my hands on a modded grakata or someone could prove to me that it does have the potential to be an atomic ballbuster though, I would feel inclined to stop bashing the thing as lousy

Would be happy to show you a rank 30 Grakata in use today. I will be on in about 5-6 hours from this post and available for some hours

If DE was going to add suppressors for certain weapons, this is probably the first one they should add it to. After all, SMGs in real life are easier to suppress than full size rifle rounds. Then again, the Grakata is REALLY LOUD. Very distinctive foley sound for it firing. 

I haven't crafted one yet. I just got a Gorgon because the wiki says I'll need it to solo Hek.

If DE was going to add suppressors for certain weapons, this is probably the first one they should add it to. After all, SMGs in real life are easier to suppress than full size rifle rounds. Then again, the Grakata is REALLY LOUD. Very distinctive foley sound for it firing. 

I haven't crafted one yet. I just got a Gorgon because the wiki says I'll need it to solo Hek.

You can solo Hek with any weapon.. Depends more on your warframe and placement than your weapon of choice

" NO NO NO GRAKATA FINE IF YOU OVERMOD IT !"

Quick reminder, what is over-modding again?

(Fire Rate)

I suggest puting in Serration and elemental damages. Firerate is one of the worst mods for the Grakata, because it increases DPs at the cost of the Grakata's major weakness - ammo consumption.

As for "How is the Grakata?", take a look yourself.

Judge for yourself.

I suggest puting in Serration and elemental damages. Firerate is one of the worst mods for the Grakata, because it increases DPs at the cost of the Grakata's major weakness - ammo consumption.

Judge for yourself.

Finally someone who actually ranked it up is talking

Judge for yourself.
Once again: excellent videos.

The reason I use fire rate on my Grakata is that I want the minimum possible TTK. Ammo proficiency isn't really a huge issue given that I have more rifle ammo boxes than I'll ever need.

As to what I run: Fire Rate (maxed), Multishot (maxed), Ammo Capacity, Mag Size, Damage, Armor Pierce, Elemental Ice, and Elemental Lightning.

Edit- I used various ranks of the non-maxed mods to get it all to fit.

Edited by GottFaust

My Gorgon has absolutely zero spin up time at all. Using the +fire rate mod not only increases how many rounds come out per second, but also reduces/removes the spool up time entirely.

It's more of a mental thing of not liking heavy machineguns and the gun in general feeling a bit sluggish to me, it's not bad, I just don't like it much :P

I just came here to say that it does NOT sound like a full auto 9mm.It sounds like I fart through a paper screen.

Otherwise regarding the Grakata I feel I beat this argument to death in other threads.

TLDR: gun is lacking, compared to almost every other in the game.

it VERY MUCH sounds and handles like one ;) 

http://youtu.be/J08B5J0b0JU?t=2m24s

or you've got some pretty nasty farts buddy =P

thanks for those vids Ced23Ric - there had to be more to that gun than i was seeing at low levels.

i'll try leveling that Grakata next

it VERY MUCH sounds and handles like one ;) 

http://youtu.be/J08B5J0b0JU?t=2m24s

or you've got some pretty nasty farts buddy =P

thanks for those vids Ced23Ric - there had to be more to that gun than i was seeing at low levels.

i'll try leveling that Grakata next

That sounds nothing like it, but hey, my hearing is permanently damaged since I was a kid. Living close to a warzone exposes one to explosions and gunfire... In any case recorded gunfire sounds nothing like gunfire when hearing first hand, that I can absolutely vouch for.

Also I doubt it handles like one... I never fired a Grakata but I have fired a rather large variety of firearms.

Edited by mmSNAKE

That sounds nothing like it, but hey, my hearing is permanently damaged since I was a kid. Living close to a warzone exposes one to explosions and gunfire... In any case recorded gunfire sounds nothing like gunfire when hearing first hand, that I can absolutely vouch for.

Also I doubt it handles like one... I never fired a Grakata but I have fired a rather large variety of firearms.

sorry...i don't mean to turn the thread into a firearms forum.

i will simply delete my mention of "comparable" sound and feel of 9mm auto =)

only tried out the full auto 9mm once or twice at the NAVY base near my home. 

i certainly cannot debate gun sounds with a guy who was raised in the thick of explosions and gunfire so i lose =P

back to Grakata =D

i want to level that so bad now since it isn't getting as much love is it probably should (i like the underdogs)

i'm really curious about what players think is the best MODS for this fast little beast.

i have came across info once or twice on the forums somewhere mentioning the rate of fire MOD being used on it.

wouldn't a player want to improve other damaging qualities of the gun since it's already fast?

yes, i am going to try leveling the gun myself and trying out different MODS, i was just curious why rate of fire would be desirable on this gun when it is already comes stock at a pretty high speed.

sorry...i don't mean to turn the thread into a firearms forum.

i will simply delete my mention of "comparable" sound and feel of 9mm auto =)

only tried out the full auto 9mm once or twice at the NAVY base near my home. 

i certainly cannot debate gun sounds with a guy who was raised in the thick of explosions and gunfire so i lose =P

back to Grakata =D

i want to level that so bad now since it isn't getting as much love is it probably should (i like the underdogs)

i'm really curious about what players think is the best MODS for this fast little beast.

i have came across info once or twice on the forums somewhere mentioning the rate of fire MOD being used on it.

wouldn't a player want to improve other damaging qualities of the gun since it's already fast?

yes, i am going to try leveling the gun myself and trying out different MODS, i was just curious why rate of fire would be desirable on this gun when it is already comes stock at a pretty high speed.

Don't sweat bout it. I rather wish I didn't. I wouldn't have permanent ringing in my ears.

I had a friend test this gun out versus Gorgon, Boltor, Akbolto, Braton. Underperformed in every case. He supercharged all of those. Thing is even a pea shooter in this game like Grakata is gonna be decent, once heavily modded. That just means that other guns are gonna be that much better.

Crosses fingers that more of that end game that was mentioned today surfaces as soon as possible. Keep up the good work DE.

After Steve suggested crit mods for Grakata in livechat, I maxed those and put them on but the effect is underwhelming to say the least. Damage is very poor and it doesn't crit very often even with maxed mods. Maybe he was thinking of Twin Vipers... ?