Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Within Rng: Stalker/something Needs To Change.

IlluminatedOne

Okay, its something about 100 hours from the time when i looked up bows and decided that bow will be my main weapon. Yes, i decided that i will get dread. 100 hours later i can now see thats it not really my decision if i get dread (only viable bow in the game, paris prime is not bow but banana with a string). 
Its decision of beyond ridicilous RNG. If im not mistaken stalker has only 1.5% chance to appear. You could do 100 runs without seeing him once if you were unlucky enough. If you are lucky enough to finally meet him. Quess what you will get? Thats right, heavy impact. Hence rng within rng get it? (Get him to spawn = rng -> Get him to drop something = rng again).
I say SOMETHING should change about this, ok? Its not okay that i logged in 200 hours and i dont have it, while some played for the first time and got it on their second run. Get it? ITS NOT OKAY.

Im not saying that its stalker himself who has to change ok? I just want nice bow and kunai that is not 0.01% to get ok?
It doesnt have to be dread or despair. It can be something new. SOME CHOICE. As it stands now i can only pray to rng if i want to main bow/kunai.
Veteran players wont probably understand my issue with 5 dread blueprints in their inventory. But please DE, there is enough machine guns. Make stalker easier to get or give me other choice.

I also seriously hope this lack of choice doesnt have anything to do with that 40$ pack.

Edited by IlluminatedOne

You can cry and minge about RNG layers all you want... DE has been promising to reduce the grind element for a year now I think, if not longer. 

When it comes down to it, DE is a business and this is a product. There will ALWAYS be heavy grind so that people have a reason to buy things with plat. That's how DE makes money off the game. Is that user-friendly? No. Is that borderline immoral? Maybe. Does it work? Absolutely. 

So, suck it up, quit whining about #change2012, and play the game that you enjoy... or leave. Simple as that. Never forget that companies are out to make money. 

You can cry and minge about RNG layers all you want... DE has been promising to reduce the grind element for a year now I think, if not longer. 

When it comes down to it, DE is a business and this is a product. There will ALWAYS be heavy grind so that people have a reason to buy things with plat. That's how DE makes money off the game. Is that user-friendly? No. Is that borderline immoral? Maybe. Does it work? Absolutely. 

So, suck it up, quit whining about #change2012, and play the game that you enjoy... or leave. Simple as that. Never forget that companies are out to make money. 

Not helpful at all. I dont mind negative answer, but keep it constructive.

Edited by IlluminatedOne

Not helpful at all. I dont mind negative answer, but keep it constructive.

You're telling me to be constructive when all your thread is about whining because you don't have a bow? 

Okay, I'll be constructive: Buy it with plat, Leave, or keep grinding. Those are your three solutions.

Crying about it on the forums does nothing. 

You're telling me to be constructive when all your thread is about whining because you don't have a bow? 

Okay, I'll be constructive: Buy it with plat, Leave, or keep grinding. Those are your three solutions.

Crying about it on the forums does nothing. 

Im asking for a game to fun, not frustrating. And you? You think you are realist, while you are just being a jerk. Cant say it any other way. sorry. From now on im ignoring you. Sorry again.

I wish they'd just put the assassin spawn rate up higher again. Having to wait and wait for stalker to drag his sad edgy feet to one of my missions for weeks isn't fun.  Just look at the Syndicate strike team spawn rates, THAT is a good spawnrate- having more random encounters spices up the game.

Veteran players wont probably understand my issue with +10 dread blueprints in their inventory. 

Fixed.

Yea, i can agree, to be honest, i really don't care about a change anymore, already own his weapons. (After +800 hours i got them all).

Edited by DarkLordX2

Just make sure you have deathmarks from all the bosses and do 5 minute survivals on pluto heirachron for monies with 3 other players that are marked. His chance to spawn increases with amount of marked players, and he has a min/max window to spawn in a mission. (about 5 minutes and then he's not coming.)

Simply put, Stalker is not meant to be grinded.

Its intended as a random event in the normal gameplay, and thus by its very nature cannot be expected to appear on demand.

Now Dread is truly a wonderful weapon, but until you get it youre going to have to make do with Paris Prime. Or a weapon thats not a bow.

Just make sure you have deathmarks from all the bosses and do 5 minute survivals on pluto heirachron for monies with 3 other players that are marked. His chance to spawn increases with amount of marked players, and he has a min/max window to spawn in a mission. (about 5 minutes and then he's not coming.)

But that's not fun...  also even at max spawn chance it's below 5% chance.

Guess I was really lucky to get my drop then.  Its a great bow I must admit but its not like you cant use a paris prime without good results either.  Now I do have one question though, can you get dread bp from anyones stalker or just your own?  If its just your own that would be more difficult to get.

I have fought the stalker as long as he existed, got a fair amount of times where i got nothing from him and the times i did, it dropped me the dread and nothing else. 

Am i sad about it ? No even a bit, because there is more to the game than that, including more interesting weapons.

I got dread before i even knew what was going on in the game. I just happened to have it in my inventory, with no recollection of how or when i got it. I also just "happen" to have all the parts for Vauban just sitting there. I guess it helps to not look for these things.

i understand how the OP feels. stalker is just the stingiest bastard when it comes to the good loot. i've had all his gear for a while now, but i've been hunting for that new nikana stance recently, killed him 4 times since blind justice came out, and half the time he doesn't even drop a weapon anymore.

Im asking for a game to fun, not frustrating. And you? You think you are realist, while you are just being a jerk. Cant say it any other way. sorry. From now on im ignoring you. Sorry again.

So you're asking to play completely free and get everything you want, when you want it? And you're calling him a jerk? Sorry, agree with DarkenedThimble completely. Stalker is meant to be a rare random encounter (though doesn't seem so rare to me), and I have no problem with his drops being rare either (yes RNG on RNG). 

You have the choice of either playing free and praying to RNGesus, or supporting DE and buying the What Stalker? pack.

Want a better chance of getting Stalker to appear? Try grouping with other players. Last 8 out of 9 stalker (in just the last month alone) appearances I've had have been from other player's marks. Out of those 9 appearances he's dropped Dread 3 times (no Hate or Dispair yet) and several mods (got my Blind Justice off him last week).

Edited by KracsNZ