The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.2

[DE]Rebecca

I'm not even feeling sorry for your blatant ignorance.

This problem has it's roots in 32bit systems primarily, with the apparent faulty allocation of memory. All 32bit OS have problems. Even if you don't crash, there ARE problems as the game requires the computer to work more than it should. Even high end computers would not a significant increase in load if they would bother to check it.

The extra issue with Windows XP is the way it is handling the video memory of your graphics card.

Lastly, nvidia cards also have an effect on the current update.

As for your laughable argument about "learn to update";

Some low end systems will be killed using a newer version of Windows and as the saying goes; "don't fix what isn't broken." For many people, an "improvement" of the current situation is either too costly, or not worth the hassle. And believe it or not, certain programs (not games) people use still run on windows XP, so why upgrade again?

The other funny thing is that sometimes a product released is too good, so the company tries to force people to get rid of it. I've been working in more than one company where this was exactly the case. An ISP for example, who had such a ludicrously good offer that it stung the company for YEARS to come.

You have to understand that there is a lot of "milking the consumer" involved, and operating systems are not an exception to this.

Now, wre you also buying a new copy of any Fifa game or Battlefield or Call of Duty every year to be "up to date" ? You would be pretty naive to think that new operating systems have the sole reason to provide a better product for the end user. Fact of the matter is; Windows Vista should not have been released. Windows 7 is what Vista SHOULD have been, and Microsoft even admitted that. Windows 8 should not have been a PC based OS, but simply a stand-alone version tailored for tablets. Releasing a 15 $ patch for Windows 7 to support "Touch Screen" would have been everything Windows 7 ever needed.

And before windows XP? Win 95 came out, and people still used Win 3.11 for the same reasons as people using WinXP over Win7. They worked their stuff, and it was sufficient for them. The popularity of gaming and new computing power + software architecture for coming generations of working programs was what allowed Win95 to win over 3.11, and Win98 was a DEFINITE nobrainer upgrade to Win95. And then there was Windows 2000 as well. (( not going to count WindowsME here... )). Funny side note; if you had a real DOS, and not the cut-down version that Win95/98 provided, the entire OS ran a lot more stable.

I used Win2000 for as long as WinXP got stable and satisfying enough to use for me. I only switched to WinXP once Service Pack 3 was out. Not before. I would also use Windows7 over WindowsXP now, but not on my current rig. It would get slaughtered by Win7. I will buy myself a new machine, but only if I have saved up enough money to build myself a workhorse that is going to last me another ~8 years+

Now please, do us a favour, spew your ignorance elsewhere.

I don't feel like my little picture didn't help to state that I was joking.

I used to run on XP for a while but got windows 7 for my newer drives.

Still amazing that someone wrote a whole essay just for me. ;3;

I don't feel like my little picture didn't help to state that I was joking.

Precisely. Your picture did not help at all.

Especially since a good number of people who are still having problems to even get into the game do seem to get more and more agitated the longer it takes. I myself am feeling a bit miffed because I've seen small increments of improvement ... until 15.1 hit. From then onward it went down the drain again.

And the worst thing is, all these people can't even get into the game to SPEND PLATINUM on stuff they want right now. It's not just about playing and sucking all the F2P availability out of this game. No. There is no webstore. You cannot log in with your account on the website and spend Platinum. You HAVE to be in the game. So this literally locks out tens of thousands of people who are potential consumers.

So your post was like adding fuel to the fire. Please be more considerate about that in the future.

Precisely. Your picture did not help at all.

Especially since a good number of people who are still having problems to even get into the game do seem to get more and more agitated the longer it takes. I myself am feeling a bit miffed because I've seen small increments of improvement ... until 15.1 hit. From then onward it went down the drain again.

And the worst thing is, all these people can't even get into the game to SPEND PLATINUM on stuff they want right now. It's not just about playing and sucking all the F2P availability out of this game. No. There is no webstore. You cannot log in with your account on the website and spend Platinum. You HAVE to be in the game. So this literally locks out tens of thousands of people who are potential consumers.

So your post was like adding fuel to the fire. Please be more considerate about that in the future.

Old willy wonka meme pic adding fuel to the fire?

People are being a little to serious on the internet. But might as well not add fuel to the fire :P

Old willy wonka meme pic adding fuel to the fire?

People are being a little to serious on the internet.

The issue is, that nobody can be sure how people are meaning what they post if the read doesn't know anything else from the poster. There have been the same pictures posted from different people with a completely different context and meaning. This has nothing to do with being overly serious or not. Only because it is the internet, doesn't mean we should take every liberty we can - or can not - afford to take. And in this case... well... that was one step too much, and you've managed to make a really bad impression of yourself.

I'm willing to apologize for calling you ignorant about the windows XP matter. I hope next time you avoid that with being a little more on the safe side by saying something like "just joking" when it is a delicate situation, though :P

The issue is, that nobody can be sure how people are meaning what they post if the read doesn't know anything else from the poster. There have been the same pictures posted from different people with a completely different context and meaning. This has nothing to do with being overly serious or not. Only because it is the internet, doesn't mean we should take every liberty we can - or can not - afford to take. And in this case... well... that was one step too much, and you've managed to make a really bad impression of yourself.

I'm willing to apologize for calling you ignorant about the windows XP matter. I hope next time you avoid that with being a little more on the safe side by saying something like "just joking" when it is a delicate situation, though :P

You don't really need to apologize for calling me that (God the amount of times I've been called that.....)

And staying on the safe side is for people who don't want to have fun, I shall dance on the fire of angry windows users everywhere!

(Please forums try not to hurt me to much D:)

Still unable to play on XP.. the game freezes upon loading the log in screen. Used to still be able to login but not load any missions. ._.

Have you tryed disabling directX if you have that option in your launcher?

Because I had to disable directX 11 to get my game to start and took a few more hotfixes for me to start any missions.

Edited by Whitelace

And staying on the safe side is for people who don't want to have fun

Fun is subjective, thus not eligible to allow for generalization of such. Others might even take what you just say as an insult, and I'm sure that there are things that is fun for other people which you are not quite agreeing with.

Xp + nvidia user feedback here. With the last hotfix I experimented long freezes during loading screens and while navigating menues (such as codex or arsenal). Solo playing is somewhat possible, even if I usually crash before the end of a mission. Public games are impossible due to long freezes during the loading screen (which cause host migration and return to the main menu) and even longer freezes if other players join my game. Sometimes the freezes end up with a crash, other times I have to forcefully reboot the pc.

DX disabled form launcher, with no option for enabling it for all that matters.

WAR-356352

Edited by Eymerich

Xp + nvidia user feedback here. With the last hotfix I experimented long freezes during loading screens and while navigating menues (such as codex or arsenal). Solo playing is somewhat possible, even if I usually crash before the end of a mission. Public games are impossible due to long freezes during the loading screen (which cause host migration and return to the main menu) and even longer freezes if other players join my game. Sometimes the freezes end up with a crash, other times I have to forcefully reboot the pc.

DX disabled form launcher, with no option for enabling it for all that matters.

WAR-356352

Strange i can play public missions on Xp not to long. But after crash ui can't enter Game becouse of BSD.

Due to DE staff not being in @ the weekend, going to hope the patch tomorrow (assuming there is one) will fix the WinXP "insufficient video memory" issue.  If it doesn't, I'm calling it a day for Warframe.  It's just not worth the time and money I've put into it (yes, I've bought platinum.  Deal with it) when having to deal with issues like this.  I play Guild Wars 2, Aion, League of Legends and World of Tanks and never, ever have I had a problem like this.  When patch day comes for those games, the worst thing that happens is a bit of lag due to the insane load on the servers.  That's it.

Some advice: look at whatever the developers of those games are doing and copy it 'cos aggravating 1 in 20 players out of 6 million (FYI: that's minimum 300,000 players) every time a patch is released is extremely bad for business.  For example IF every one of those 300,000 bought the £3.99 (75 platinum) pack, that's an instant £1,197,000.  That's HUGE!

Edited by Donutdude

What happened to the Dendra Shoulder Guard (Right)?

The fore-arm plate is missing, is that a bug or another change?

I hope its a bug, still none too thrilled about the last alteration.. from pure plasma plates to digital pin stripes right after I bought the bundle.

Edited by Aoden

This may have been said before, but the Codex appears to be a bit broken.

I don't know if it is only this or if there are other areas, but the "Companions" section is running badly. When I try to click on a Codex entry for any of my sentinels, the loading icon shows and remains on. Then I tried to exit out of the Codex, and it's still there, and I can't properly exit out to do something else on the ship (going into the menu to click on "Market", "Arsenal" or "Navigation" does not remove it when I exit the menu, nor does it move me away from the Codex). The only way I can get out is by entering the Clan Dojo.

Due to DE staff not being in @ the weekend, going to hope the patch tomorrow (assuming there is one) will fix the WinXP "insufficient video memory" issue.  If it doesn't, I'm calling it a day for Warframe.  It's just not worth the time and money I've put into it (yes, I've bought platinum.  Deal with it) when having to deal with issues like this.  I play Guild Wars 2, Aion, League of Legends and World of Tanks and never, ever have I had a problem like this.  When patch day comes for those games, the worst thing that happens is a bit of lag due to the insane load on the servers.  That's it.

Some advice: look at whatever the developers of those games are doing and copy it 'cos aggravating 1 in 20 players out of 6 million (FYI: that's minimum 300,000 players) every time a patch is released is extremely bad for business.  For example IF every one of those 300,000 bought the £3.99 (75 platinum) pack, that's an instant £1,197,000.  That's HUGE!

DE uses PC users to test latest patches of the game for PS4 and Xbox whatever.

What happened to the Dendra Shoulder Guard (Right)?

The fore-arm plate is missing, is that a bug or another change?

I hope its a bug, still none too thrilled about the last alteration.. from pure plasma plates to digital pin stripes right after I bought the bundle.

I have noticed that too. It looks worse now.

Hi dev's. Love the archwing update. I may have encountered a bug involving syndicate rep. I started ranking up Cephelon Suda. Upon ranking up to Competent my New Loka rep became -60,000ish, can't remember the exact number. According to the wiki, max negative rep is 44,000. After archwing launch i have made 11,320 rep in Cephelon Suda. My understanding of the rep system is that the enemy of your chosen syndicate should have the exact opposite rep; given you only level one syndicate. This looks like a bug to me so I thought I would report it.

Hi dev's. Love the archwing update. I may have encountered a bug involving syndicate rep. I started ranking up Cephelon Suda. Upon ranking up to Competent my New Loka rep became -60,000ish, can't remember the exact number. According to the wiki, max negative rep is 44,000. After archwing launch i have made 11,320 rep in Cephelon Suda. My understanding of the rep system is that the enemy of your chosen syndicate should have the exact opposite rep; given you only level one syndicate. This looks like a bug to me so I thought I would report it.