Update 7.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

Please, please, please add a launch prevention thing for people with hacking software open. I had been messing around with Cheat Engine for another game and I booted up Warframe, without remembering to close it first, to find myself instantly banned.

Man... there are sure a lot of folks using this Cheat Engine thing.

This is the first time i've hear of this.

Man... there are sure a lot of folks using this Cheat Engine thing.

This is the first time i've hear of this.

Well, since we live in the age, where cheats are being sold with "DLC" stamp, it's no wonder people are using other ways to "get the cheats" :) Remember the times, where cheats were actually included in the game?

Having a warning is a good way to prevent completely unnecessary bans.

Punishing a player, because he cheats in some single-player game, which is completely unrelated to Warframe, is stupid. It also doesn't say anything about his morale, because of the above mentioned "cheat-like DLCs" and pretty important difference between single and multiplayer games.

I alone sometimes use cheats in single player games, for fun, after finishing them once or two times, but would never cheat in a multiplayer game.

Well, since we live in the age, where cheats are being sold with "DLC" stamp, it's no wonder people are using other ways to "get the cheats" :) Remember the times, where cheats were actually included in the game?

Having a warning is a good way to prevent completely unnecessary bans.

Punishing a player, because he cheats in some single-player game, which is completely unrelated to Warframe, is stupid. It also doesn't say anything about his morale, because of the above mentioned "cheat-like DLCs" and pretty important difference between single and multiplayer games.

I alone sometimes use cheats in single player games, for fun, after finishing them once or two times, but would never cheat in a multiplayer game.

What are these "cheats being sold with DLC stamp"?

What are these "cheats being sold with DLC stamp"?

For example access to overpowered weapons in games like Mass Effect, Kingdom of Amalur, Dead Space, which will make the game much easier? I.e. basically an alternative to IDKFA cheat code from Doom? :)

EDIT: You've understood I am not talking about Warframe, right?

Edited by zelgaris

Don't have CE open when playing games with active cheat detection? (i'm sure this has been said before). I also completely disagree that cheating is = to buying DLC items. That seems a bit silly.

"I Forgot" "I was too busy" "It's not fair" Stupidity is not an excuse to avoid consequences, Suck it up, what would you rather they do, not ban for it, have manual staff applying bans? as a customer i prefer they don't waste resources on it that could be spent elsewhere.

For example access to overpowered weapons in games like Mass Effect, Kingdom of Amalur, Dead Space, which will make the game much easier? I.e. basically an alternative to IDKFA cheat code from Doom? :)

EDIT: You've understood I am not talking about Warframe, right?

Never played those game so i dont know how overpowered they are but from Pre-order stuff, including this game, the things aren't really overpowered usually. It's just stuff you will eventually get later on, isn't that the same?

Don't have CE open when playing games with active cheat detection? (i'm sure this has been said before). I also completely disagree that cheating is = to buying DLC items. That seems a bit silly.

"I Forgot" "I was too busy" "It's not fair" Stupidity is not an excuse to avoid consequences, Suck it up, what would you rather they do, not ban for it, have manual staff applying bans? as a customer i prefer they don't waste resources on it that could be spent elsewhere.

You cannot read properly? We are talking about a warning window before you run the game/launcher saying "you are using forbidden program, turn it off or be banned" (or something like that).

Simple solution to prevent unnecessary bans, since they already have a system to check for these apps.

EDIT: Just found out I was referring to other post made in this forum, i.e. context, so maybe that's the reason of your misunderstanding.

Edited by zelgaris

Never played those game so i dont know how overpowered they are but from Pre-order stuff, including this game, the things aren't really overpowered usually. It's just stuff you will eventually get later on, isn't that the same?

So IDKFA from original Doom giving you all weaponry, you would eventually get anyway in the game, is also not a cheat, right? :)

Anyway, this is in no way related to Warframe, I just wanted to point out one of many reasons, why would somebody use a cheat engine for single player game, forgot to close it after and get banned in warframe.

You cannot read properly? We are talking about a warning window before you run the game/launcher saying "you are using forbidden program, turn it off or be banned" (or something like that).

Simple solution to prevent unnecessary bans, since they already have a system to check for these apps.

EDIT: Just found out I was referring to other post made in this forum, i.e. context, so maybe that's the reason of your misunderstanding.

My comment was in general to those in here, and elsewhere, about getting banned. In particular my comment about forgetting not being an excuse was to the guy who forgot to close it as he was doing something beforehand, and thus wanted a warning message.

My comment about not spending resources on the issue was directly related to yours (and the train of thought for the launcher warning message), although perhaps i should have just said "tough".

I'm quite capable of reading, we just have different opinions on accountability and consequences.

My comment was in general to those in here, and elsewhere, about getting banned. In particular my comment about forgetting not being an excuse was to the guy who forgot to close it as he was doing something beforehand, and thus wanted a warning message.

My comment about not spending resources on the issue was directly related to yours (and the train of thought for the launcher warning message), although perhaps i should have just said "tough".

I'm quite capable of reading, we just have different opinions on accountability and consequences.

So you think just warning a player with simple window, since they already have a check for the hacking tools implemented, is not worth it, even thought the implementation could (probably) be pretty simple and it definitely shows good will of the developer.

Right?

So you think just warning a player with simple window, since they already have a check for the hacking tools implemented, is not worth it, even thought the implementation could (probably) be pretty simple and it definitely shows good will of the developer.

Right?

In a nut shell, that's exactly what i'm saying. Although since neither you or i can quantify "could (probably) be pretty simple" i am considering it a waste of resources, yes.

I don't see why the (any) developer should invest time to help you (a collective of people with the same desire) when you can't be bothered to help yourselves and close it first. Especially when said tool is hazardous (as declared by DE as they ban for it) to the game.

They are currently trying to:

Fix bugs

Add content

Develop end game

Introduce lore

Stabilise systems

Promote the game

Prevent cheats

Please insert your warning window into my list (which should take longer than closing your cheat programs in the first place).

= "you have a detected cheat running, please continue searching for undetected one, good luck next time."

it would be pretty easy to cheat, if you knew what cheats are not caught yet before entering the game.

There are always other words for "cheating", words that are meant to make it sound like something other than cheating.

There are always "reasons" why one's particular flavor of cheating should be permitted, or excused, or forgiven.

Choices have consequences.  And that's as it should be.

Put more colloqiually, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, DE has announced they're going to treat it like a duck.  If your duck is actually a goose, the onus is on you to prove it.  Me personally, I don't have a problem with that approach.

There are always other words for "cheating", words that are meant to make it sound like something other than cheating.

There are always "reasons" why one's particular flavor of cheating should be permitted, or excused, or forgiven.

Choices have consequences.  And that's as it should be.

Put more colloqiually, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, DE has announced they're going to treat it like a duck.  If your duck is actually a goose, the onus is on you to prove it.  Me personally, I don't have a problem with that approach.

I've actually used Cheat Engine for work purposes. I'm floored anyone would argue that it's not cheating in any way, especially considering it says "cheat" in the bloody name. Ban anyone/everyone who uses it in Warframe and don't look back.

Umbrian, you took the words out of my mouth. As a gamer I have Fraps running 100% of the time (I know this sounds unrelated, but bear with me a moment). I've heard worries of people being mistakenly banned for fraps since it may or may not be doing things in and around the game as you're playing it. So there is the potential  for a false positive, and that I may be banned for running fraps. I know and accept this risk. If I end up being one of the unlucky few false positives, the onus is entirely on me to explain to DE what happened.

Now I certainly don't expect to be banned for Fraps as I have more faith in DE than that. It just looks to me that there are 3 classes of people in this thread worrying about banning.

Group A does not cheat and therefore does not care how auto-bans are handled.

Group B does not cheat and is worried about false positives.

Group C cheats and is worried about being banned and is arguing it under the guise of being in group B.

Group B is the only group with a legitimate concern. As a member of group B, I say to you, don't worry. DE's done right by us all so far, and they will continue to do so.

DE's could you maybe re-modify the drop percentage of the jackal? I had read how you changed how the percentage goes down each time you try. I think what I realized is if you go in with a group and if maybe one or two of those players had tried this before the percentage will be lower for a drop for the others. I did it twice with a group and both times received nothing as far as what it was suppose to drop, being Rhino parts, or some frame parts. By the way to those who say killing the jackal is easy, all I gotta say is i'm guessing you guys had some pretty badass weapons because both times it seemed to take forever to bring it down:) Thanks again DE's for your time and efforts:)

What about the Loki glitch. My friends Loki warframe has invisibility power even though itis not on his frame. When he put a golden potato on his Loki it glitches the invisibility onto your warframe. It disappears but still remains as a power when playin. Didn't happen to my Loki so maybe it's an isolated glitch. Hope he doesn't get banned as it is not his fault but the game engines fault

What about the Loki glitch. My friends Loki warframe has invisibility power even though itis not on his frame. When he put a golden potato on his Loki it glitches the invisibility onto your warframe. It disappears but still remains as a power when playin. Didn't happen to my Loki so maybe it's an isolated glitch. Hope he doesn't get banned as it is not his fault but the game engines fault

Are you sure he's not using shade and ghost ?