Hotfix 15.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

Hotfix 15.1.3

Highlighted Improvements:

Changes

• Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required.

Performance improvements to mod-pickup effects.

Fixes

• Fixed size scaling issues on Melee Attachments.

This community backlash on both of these "fixes":)

D3Lz9Zy.gif

Here is a fact: Because of thoose that macro for 30 min and come back to take their loot. Everyone who was actually playing the game has to suffer.. Because now.. They can't go afk for more than 5-10 mins because there is a cap and they "MIGHT" lose mods..

Nothing to do with the people that actually was playing the game.

I was provideing energy as a Limbo, Since I got maxed duration I can just go away for 30 seconds to grab loot.. This changes nothing for me.. But for the poor excalibur/mag that have to actually kill them all.. It does change alot. 

If its made so 1 person picks up mods for all.. That Excalibur won't have to suffer.. And you can add a afk check every 40-120 sec

after sitting on this hole view of a 50 mod cap idea and playing a good 1h excavation i can only say to make sure you dont miss out on mods of any type is to stay as a group (mobile or non-mobile) but staying with my friends and makeing sure we had the drills covered we lasted for a long time and none of us mist out on any mods. i had a grand total of 74 mods and none of us had performance problems. dont start pointing figures and say "oh hes supporting the devs" well i not im saying want i see and got but if i keep seeing nerf after nerf to the good rep missions or nothing gets done to stop the unrewording missions rewords for a 30 wave defense or getting say a common core at 50min in survival ill just have to stop hoping that DE will come running out on a white horse with a fix to all our problems (i want that to happen!, would be cool :P) warframe is by far my top 5 games and i have spent money on it and it is upsetting that it feels like its coming to the point of me having to start up google or steam and find another free to play game to sick or 700 hours in. i hope all this blows over like water vapor and not like mustard gas. plz fix this DE

Are you going to add anything?  Or just antagonize those of us civally disputing one of the fixes?

I believe hes antagonizing those who aren't civally disputing the fixes. I've looked into the Viver, and if people can call it an exploit, then does the TOS state not to exploit exploits, and to report them? If not, then if people are automating this exploit, and 'botting' it, then it can also result in a ban as section 2 article f of the EULA states; "You agree that you will not, under any circumstances use use cheats, automation software (bots)...etc".

RAMBLE~

In any case, if its called an exploit, and exploits are defined as cheats, and something outside of the developers intents, then clearly, the developer is set to counter act it. This is one such case, where the developers inacted a hard cap on mod limits.

Also; in all my time since U5, not once have I ever had a mission with more than 50 simultanious mod drops. I've had drops despawn over time, but never that many. And i've done T4 Tower defences to wave 40. If this affects NORMAL gameplay, then i can see it being fixed, but as is, I don't see it doing so.

Edited by Kirarxe

This is a step too far. I doubt DE is even reading these comments anymore, but you've officially screwed your long run, high level players. Seriously? a fifty mod cap? What the hell are we supposed to do on giant maps when we're split up? What the hell are we supposed to do if a super rare drops, and it despawns before we have a chance to get to it because we're running against high level enemies?

It seems you're damned and determined to screw high level players, and you're about to lose us.

This is a step too far. I doubt DE is even reading these comments anymore, but you've officially screwed your long run, high level players. Seriously? a fifty mod cap? What the hell are we supposed to do on giant maps when we're split up? What the hell are we supposed to do if a super rare drops, and it despawns before we have a chance to get to it because we're running against high level enemies?

It seems you're damned and determined to screw high level players, and you're about to lose us.

Just because I missed a mod doens't mean that i'm going to rage quit the game entirely. Its just a mod. So what. It can drop again, if not then I'll trade for it.

Just because I missed a mod doens't mean that i'm going to rage quit the game entirely. Its just a mod. So what. It can drop again, if not then I'll trade for it.

No, this is BS. Some of these mods are incredibly rare, and if I run sixty minutes trying to get it, and then miss it because of this stupid handicap, I'm not going to keep dealing with that because the only way DE can control the game is by screwing their players.

The 50 mod limit is saddening, but the "reason" stated even more so. Hundreds of mods, maybe thousands, are properly handled by my low-middle rig, host or client. It's the particles on death (that as already mentioned, only appear when I look in that general direction for some reason) that is screwing up my low-end GPU, putting my 45ishfps all the way to below 10 while the animation attempts to play out, and that just as long as I "see" the animation and the GPU has to render it, no matter how near or far.

I was appalled when I read someone's speculation that this is in part (the reason stated for the "improvement") that Warframe is "evolving" into console gaming. Are you going to pull a Ubisoft on us then and lock Warframe to 30fps just to preserve "quality" for all low-end PC users and consoles?

It also doesn't help that Warframe still has a memory leak, less pronounced than between U15~U15.1.2 (my RAM use would start at 3gb, end up increasing to 4gb+page files being used, almost requires closing Warframe and doing a RAM clean every 3 games of any type.), but still there's a memory leak (my RAM use now stays at under 3GB, but Page Files still being used after playing for a while without restarting my PC, seeing my Page File use hit 6gb isn't funny and my Barracuda can barely keep up with the load) and this really drops my FPS even more than rendering death particulates or mods. While I can counter this by buying 8GB RAM sticks, it only gives the memory leak a higher cap, it doesn't, and will not, eliminate the problem.

Viver also really showed me some form fun of dipping my toes into 20s of mods in a spot and seeing all that animation going wheeeeeeee, even if 40% of them will be Ammo Drums. In T4 survivals, even if we're staying in one room, we could also possibly have 50++ mods on spawn as we move from O2 room to O2 room, not counting the insane 3-level O2 room that spreads out drops and spawn even further no matter how well we stick together.

I just don't really see the reason being "valid", can't you at least be more transparent in the reason? Like, "implemented Mod cap to 50, to fix 'exploits' in small interception rooms".

Viver is just one easily exploitable node, the mechanics of the "exploit" are also possibly available in other nodes and modes. Viver made me realize how small even Cerberus is (a Max range Excal can probably sit near Point D and spam RJ, covering B and C, possibly A, but requires trinity to somewhat hunt targets a little better) or some other interception node, yet at the same time making the tile "bigger" for Interception presents its own problems to users looking for a legit T4 key interception run because now they would be hard-pressed to react to captures, having to move in 2s or 1s rather than a team of 4, which can still be very much dangerous with the aimbot Grineer nowadays.. Lowering spawn for Interception however makes it too easy as well to just breeze through rounds, and this doesn't affect only Viver. Basically to people screaming to "nerf Viver because they can't enjoy it", nerfing Viver present problems that are already deeply ingrained to the game itself. The only way to "nerf Viver" is to completely remove it and people will just find another Interception node, set-up, or some other way to abuse spawn rates of some node, like a Spy Mission or sth similar. Nerfing the Frames being used for the farm is also a bad idea since this affects every single thing.

Things like possibly reducing numbers on Energy Vampire, reverting Radial Jav to line of sight, reducing numbers on Shield Polarize, will affect not only those gunning rep runs but everyone who uses these powers. Alas at this point I could just be mindlessly rambling eh?

If you want people to stop being so static, stuck on some crates in Viver, or some other spot not yet discovered by the general public, address the issue of what spawned all this into fruition. Syndicate and exp gain on every single mission mode that is not an "Endless" mode. It doesn't help that we have people with 300~1800hrs on their belt, salivating at trying out all these new "augments", only to be walled by an insane amount of grind DE claims that "it's not meant to be tasted in a day". I mean I ran an Archwing sabotage for "fun", Rushing through the stage in the fastest speed I could go, not keeping my finger off "Shift", dodging all the bullets and going only for the cores, pretending I'm destroying a Death Star of some sort, and when I finish I get no mods and just about 34 exp?

Even then the Syndicate rewards aren't so good for a lot of them. You give us a way to have a different way of playing a Frame (a pure melee Excal, a healing Hydroid, healing Limbo, a buffing Banshee, a pocket-carrier Mag etc), and yet you slap us with having to go through such lengths (afk farm in Viver, afk farm anywhere) just to taste them. Why not fix the rewards tier of Syndicates instead? Have Mods for Syndicates be distributed between tiers based on their power (Augments with more potential being at T4/5, more useless ones like Banshee's on Tier 1 etc)? Have all consumables on Tier 1, with Blueprints at Tier 2?

Thing is, Warframe isn't very rewarding for "playing" the game for fun, so when you want to get "rewards" like Syndicate, you look for the most efficient path possible to get the rewards, when you play "for fun", you just play for it without thinking of rewards, this shouldn't be the case at all. What if you want to play super melee Excalibur for fun?...well lucky for you, you need millions of exp to play that mode which will either take you a few days (thanks to Viver), to a few months (with running only T4 endless).

In any case, I guess people will find ways to work around the 50 mod cap, even in Viver, and I'll just wait for that knowledge to trickle down while I go figure out Limbo's bugs so I can forward it to devs for fixing, especially that finnicky hard to activate one.

TL;DR: 50mod cap reason is bad, sounds like Ubisoft on their 30fps cap. People will find new ways. Viver cannot be nerfed. I definitely am too bored to work. Click spoiler at your own risk-

Edited by Erusa

The 50 mod limit is saddening, but the "reason" stated even more so. Hundreds of mods, maybe thousands, are properly handled by my low-middle rig, host or client. It's the particles on death (that as already mentioned, only appear when I look in that general direction for some reason) that is screwing up my low-end GPU, putting my 45ishfps all the way to below 10 while the animation attempts to play out, and that just as long as I "see" the animation and the GPU has to render it, no matter how near or far.

I was appalled when I read someone's speculation that this is in part (the reason stated for the "improvement") that Warframe is "evolving" into console gaming. Are you going to pull a Ubisoft on us then and lock Warframe to 30fps just to preserve "quality" for all low-end PC users and consoles?

It also doesn't help that Warframe still has a memory leak, less pronounced than between U15~U15.1.2 (my RAM use would start at 3gb, end up increasing to 4gb+page files being used, almost requires closing Warframe and doing a RAM clean every 3 games of any type.), but still there's a memory leak (my RAM use now stays at under 3GB, but Page Files still being used after playing for a while without restarting my PC, seeing my Page File use hit 6gb isn't funny and my Barracuda can barely keep up with the load) and this really drops my FPS even more than rendering death particulates or mods. While I can counter this by buying 8GB RAM sticks, it only gives the memory leak a higher cap, it doesn't, and will not, eliminate the problem.

Viver also really showed me some form fun of dipping my toes into 20s of mods in a spot and seeing all that animation going wheeeeeeee, even if 40% of them will be Ammo Drums. In T4 survivals, even if we're staying in one room, we could also possibly have 50++ mods on spawn as we move from O2 room to O2 room, not counting the insane 3-level O2 room that spreads out drops and spawn even further no matter how well we stick together.

I just don't really see the reason being "valid", can't you at least be more transparent in the reason? Like, "implemented Mod cap to 50, to fix 'exploits' in small interception rooms".

Viver is just one easily exploitable node, the mechanics of the "exploit" are also possibly available in other nodes and modes. Viver made me realize how small even Cerberus is (a Max range Excal can probably sit near Point D and spam RJ, covering B and C, possibly A, but requires trinity to somewhat hunt targets a little better) or some other interception node, yet at the same time making the tile "bigger" for Interception presents its own problems to users looking for a legit T4 key interception run because now they would be hard-pressed to react to captures, having to move in 2s or 1s rather than a team of 4, which can still be very much dangerous with the aimbot Grineer nowadays.. Lowering spawn for Interception however makes it too easy as well to just breeze through rounds, and this doesn't affect only Viver. Basically to people screaming to "nerf Viver because they can't enjoy it", nerfing Viver present problems that are already deeply ingrained to the game itself. The only way to "nerf Viver" is to completely remove it and people will just find another Interception node, set-up, or some other way to abuse spawn rates of some node, like a Spy Mission or sth similar. Nerfing the Frames being used for the farm is also a bad idea since this affects every single thing.

Things like possibly reducing numbers on Energy Vampire, reverting Radial Jav to line of sight, reducing numbers on Shield Polarize, will affect not only those gunning rep runs but everyone who uses these powers. Alas at this point I could just be mindlessly rambling eh?

If you want people to stop being so static, stuck on some crates in Viver, or some other spot not yet discovered by the general public, address the issue of what spawned all this into fruition. Syndicate and exp gain on every single mission mode that is not an "Endless" mode. It doesn't help that we have people with 300~1800hrs on their belt, salivating at trying out all these new "augments", only to be walled by an insane amount of grind DE claims that "it's not meant to be tasted in a day". I mean I ran an Archwing sabotage for "fun", Rushing through the stage in the fastest speed I could go, not keeping my finger off "Shift", dodging all the bullets and going only for the cores, pretending I'm destroying a Death Star of some sort, and when I finish I get no mods and just about 34 exp?

Even then the Syndicate rewards aren't so good for a lot of them. You give us a way to have a different way of playing a Frame (a pure melee Excal, a healing Hydroid, healing Limbo, a buffing Banshee, a pocket-carrier Mag etc), and yet you slap us with having to go through such lengths (afk farm in Viver, afk farm anywhere) just to taste them. Why not fix the rewards tier of Syndicates instead? Have Mods for Syndicates be distributed between tiers based on their power (Augments with more potential being at T4/5, more useless ones like Banshee's on Tier 1 etc)? Have all consumables on Tier 1, with Blueprints at Tier 2?

Thing is, Warframe isn't very rewarding for "playing" the game for fun, so when you want to get "rewards" like Syndicate, you look for the most efficient path possible to get the rewards, when you play "for fun", you just play for it without thinking of rewards, this shouldn't be the case at all. What if you want to play super melee Excalibur for fun?...well lucky for you, you need millions of exp to play that mode which will either take you a few days (thanks to Viver), to a few months (with running only T4 endless).

In any case, I guess people will find ways to work around the 50 mod cap, even in Viver, and I'll just wait for that knowledge to trickle down while I go figure out Limbo's bugs so I can forward it to devs for fixing, especially that finnicky hard to activate one.

This.

Edited by Graxin

Thx for the further elaboration on the mod cap.

I guess now we need to adjust and adapt our gameplay and stick together more if dont want to lose any mods. Then again, I go viver mainly for its syndicate rep points and the mods are kind of bonus for me. If i wanted R5 cores ill just go to T4S. If i wanted other sepcific mods, ill just go farm the mobs that drop em.

If DE says that the 50 cap is to increase performance than that is good news perhaps for other players who has less computing power. I have a clanmate FPS dropeed to 6 mostly because of the mods. We even need to stand at one point for 5-10 seconds just so that our beloved carriers can finish looting all the mods.

WF is one of the best F2P games i've played. Free. To. Play. Dont. Like. It. Play. Other. Game.

I'm routinely impressed about how mad some of the forum-goers can get. what a lot of people don't seem to realize is that this game is balanced towards (for defense at least) 15-20 waves before things start getting insane. despite the many people that go farther, you're still the minority. hell, even the number of people on the forums is a minority of the sheer number of people who play this game.

Just to get that right.

Maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I read the patch notes, then read the complaints, and cannot make the connection as they talk about two entirely different things.

>> 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

That sounds to me like on the MAP there is a cap of 50 mods. 50 mods lying around. And not whatever you have picked up. It reads to me as if you still could pick up 300 Mods if you so desire, but if the 51st mod would be lying around on the ground, the 1st drop instead disappears. I'm hopefully not insulting people, but if you can't run around quickly between enemy spawn breathing pauses aka wave transitions and pick your crap up... then why bother? Apparently you have plenty of mods so it shouldn't affect you anyhow. Those who do not wish to exert "effort" to get off their butt and do one quick sweep through the room and stand where they came from shouldn't get any special treatment. Go lose your mods, apparently they're not important for you.

For those players who are still interested in mods, they will always find a way and a pause in the combat flow to dash around quickly, loot, and all is god.

Now, if the limit is capped on 50 mods PICKED UP... as in, the 51st mod pushed out the 1st... that would be bad then, and I'm wholeheartedly against that and it should be fixed, since it is against the proposed patchnotes.

But if it is just 50 mods lying around on any given time? Working as intended then. Stop complaining and get a move on.

-snip-
Thing is, Warframe isn't very rewarding for "playing" the game for fun,
-snip-

This, this a million times. This is the root of all evil.

As a seasoned player, I've been through it all; from playing for curiosity, playing for fun, hard grind for X resource, X prime part, hard grind for rep (done it about 5 times, way too hardcore)

And as much as I would like to just play for funz, you basically get nowhere like that. If you want to progress you will either have to grind hard, really hard, or throw your dices in the dark waters of Trade, or... buy it out

BTW, did a Viver run a couple hours ago to test the "nerf", and while i kept moving all around the place, the overall loot was greatly reduced, including but not limited to mods, resources, even ammo drops.

About the perpetual discussion of this Viver problem, Erusa put a very complete picture.

Are you going to add anything?  Or just antagonize those of us civally disputing one of the fixes?

im with the community backlash, im imagining this is whats going on over there in the offices with that "spoiler" addition that was edited in later on. Why punish others that can play these games with 51 mods on the screen. Yeah i get its free to play game, but dont play on a toaster that cant render one more mod on the screen then complain its not well optimized.

Alternatively, take the borderlands approach DE, make commons disappear first then leave the uncommons & rares alone. I'm sure the community would appreciate this idea rather than the forced 50 on a screen:)

Thank you for this gigantic "F*** you" to your entire player base because of your inability to properly optimize and balance your game.  You clearly understood that this was a line that should not be crossed when you first put a limit on the number of ammo and orb drops, but now you decide "some people were exploiting our lazily designed game mode built on re-used assets which were meant for different purposes and it was making toasters lag, so now everyone throughout Warframe will start losing mods on every Defense, Survival, Excavation, and Interception mods because real solutions are too much work."

This pretty much sums up what i am feeling now. 

BTW, did a Viver run a couple hours ago to test the "nerf", and while i kept moving all around the place, the overall loot was greatly reduced, including but not limited to mods, resources, even ammo drops.

It would be. Just one cast of Radial Javelin at 52meters covers about 3/4 of the map, maybe more than 50% of possible spawn locations, almost 80% of all the possible paths enemies can take to get to players. 52m is big enough that you don't see it on radar (radar has a limit of about 50meters) so even with four Enemy Radars, you won't see what you're hitting.

Viver so happens to have an ungodly amount of spawn that, once a team "breaks down", it's pretty much hard to recover without spamming Radial Javelin for stuns, giving us some time to breathe.

I'm guessing what's happening is that, apart from resources and mods, a single Radial Javelin kills over a hundred Corpi with possibly 70% of them dropping ammo, resources, energy, and credits. That's roughly 70 of each drop, but the cap is at 50. So some of them will "despawn" till you end up with 50, scattered all over a diameter of 108+ (a radius of 52m from where RJ was cast), and that's honestly huge. A Zorencopter will give a player about 15-20m straightline distance coverage, sadly that radius of 52m isn't a straightline radius but includes a Y component, making even zorencoptering for loots a lot harder. (also you'll cross over 108meters from one end of the circle to the other, where the loots would be).

By the time you cross 108 meters, a second Radial Jav, or even third, will have been cast and cleared two, three more waves...that's another set of 70, no, 140 drops, most of which you will never ever see.

A possible nerf to stop this is just nerf Overextend, this will stop powers having ungodly ranges (68m + 13m for the effects of Shield Polarize is huge with Overextended, that's...a diameter of 162meters you need to traverse to get loot)...But then that also gimps Banshee's Sonar specialized for range (spotting enemies at over 50m ranges) and stuff.

---end reply, more reply to discussion on loot cap ahead---

Loot capping just won't work, and most of the people claim that at most there was 4fps difference between 50mods and 300, some people getting a bit more mileage, but none of them suddenly gaining over 10fps more, or no fps drops (when they're already at 60fps anyway), comparing 50mods to at least 100.

If they want to cap mods, cap it to 200 maybe, even then "for performance reasons" won't cut this number, it's the memory leak from something that's really killing frames around here. I'm lucky that my Barracuda can handle a load of a 3gbish Page File, but then Seagate Barracuda is already near high-tier for HDDs, only Raid-set ups, Western Digital Black, and SSDs would overpower a Seagate Barracuda, and that's a big alarming issue. The average player will not have the same HDD tier as I do, they'll have significantly less. A lower speed HDD would mean even more frame drops once Warframe's memory leak reaches the use of page files.

Edited by Erusa

Loot capping just won't work, and most of the people claim that at most there was 4fps difference between 50mods and 300, some people getting a bit more mileage, but none of them suddenly gaining over 10fps more, or no fps drops (when they're already at 60fps anyway), comparing 50mods to at least 100.

If they want to cap mods, cap it to 200 maybe, even then "for performance reasons" won't cut this number, it's the memory leak from something that's really killing frames around here. I'm lucky that my Barracuda can handle a load of a 3gbish Page File, but then Seagate Barracuda is already near high-tier for HDDs, only Raid-set ups, Western Digital Black, and SSDs would overpower a Seagate Barracuda, and that's a big alarming issue. The average player will not have the same HDD tier as I do, they'll have significantly less. A lower speed HDD would mean even more frame drops once Warframe's memory leak reaches the use of page files.

It doesn't seem to be the presence of the drops themselves causing the loss, but the act of a new drop being created (I'm leaning towards the particles being to blame in conjunction with a leak or logic loop somewhere; the stupid things accumulate and eat frames until you get LoS with them, regardless of where they are on the map or how long ago they were created). All the guys I've run viver with today are seeing the same slow fps drop over time (some actually are seeing worse droppage) now with 50 mods tops as they were before when we could see 150, 200, 300 mods on the ground all at once.

Extreme example of particle accumulation in one round

RqbfPIG.jpg

d8GwAZI.jpg

dUEtNkL.jpg

FcXslYP.jpg

vvze3sh.jpg

Edited by Elvang

Hotfix 15.1.3

Changes

• Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

"we noticed you had fun, so we fixed that"

Thanks DE

-snip-

You, sir, are the first to put this in a proper light without seeming completely angry at DE or whatever at the same time. and for that, you get a +1.

I think that the only things supposed to be affected are Mods, not every last drop that shows up (and I we all know the percentage of mod drops is substantially lower than some people like to believe). I expect a hotfix for this in the coming future.

You, sir, are the first to put this in a proper light without seeming completely angry at DE or whatever at the same time. and for that, you get a +1.

I think that the only things supposed to be affected are Mods, not every last drop that shows up (and I we all know the percentage of mod drops is substantially lower than some people like to believe). I expect a hotfix for this in the coming future.

I'm good at masking my emotions, or killing them, one or the other. But I really am angry right now at DE's "reason" for limiting mod drops to 50, it doesn't help that I read that someone thought it could be because of "consoles". (read it in reddit)

Normally I don't have a gripe with consoles, I don't own one, yet I won't flaunt #PCMASTERRACE or something, but when something is developed for a PC and then suddenly locked to have a performance comparable to consoles, I find that aggravating. Ubisoft's "30fps locking" sets precedence that I am scared of, and Warframe might do just the same.

Now look at Elvang's post, look at it. It seems like capping drops to some number isn't helping with the frame drops and resource use of the game. It seems that even with the 50 mod cap, the problem persists, if not worse. What was the 50 mod cap for then? The reason doesn't even hold credence anymore.

At the very least I can hope that, a small glimmer of hope, that this really is just a "hotfix" as what a "hotfix" is in development stands for, something temporary until a real solution to the problem is found. And if the reason is "performance", then I do hope that they fix that particle emission staying around for so long until a player gets LoS of the emission and kill their system, because if anything, that's what's causing all the "performance" drops. When that is fixed or removed, I hope that the drop caps are raised, not some laughable number of 50.

After all I need 75 Rifle ammo drops to fill up a Galaxion without a transmute mod, and I don't think that all 50 ammo drops will be Rifle ammo either.