Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

Its not even that, I can play warframe for about 2 hours a day and still feel like i have a good sence of progression. Even if i miss a few days, its not like its the end of the world for me. And not once have I ever exploited Viver, and i'm sitting on 30+ rare 5 cores, and damn near every stance mod to date.

So NO good progression im talking about maxing out equipment and its really a pain to level weapons that you will put a forma in 5 times to get out the maximum potential and viver is a good way to level fast and Not getting bored by playing the same weapon for hours and as i said its kinda end game because you need good builds and a good team

PS: maxing out equipment is the only thing to do in wf if you did most other things

So NO good progression im talking about maxing out equipment and its really a pain to level weapons that you will put a forma in 5 times to get out the maximum potential and viver is a good way to level fast and Not getting bored by playing the same weapon for hours and as i said its kinda end game because you need good builds and a good team

PS: maxing out equipment is the only thing to do in wf if you did most other things

I don't see the point in that, I mean really; leveling is the point of WF in the first place. And I don't forma anything, actually. Min/maxing is silly, sure I do it to an extent, but only as far as the corrupted mods go. If i don't have the mod cap, then I don't have the mod cap, whatevs.

Also; Viver is still fine for leveling purposes, but if you're just going to sit there and let the mods accumulate and be annoying for the servers, then DE has it right by limiting how many is dropped, You can't just use it to farm mods anymore, Nothing was said about its Affinity gains.

Edited by Kirarxe

Also; Viver is still fine for leveling purposes, but if you're just going to sit there and let the mods accumulate and be annoying for the servers, then DE has it right by limiting how many is dropped, You can't just use it to farm mods anymore, Nothing was said about its Affinity gains.

You can still make just as many mods as you could before on Viver. You can earn hundreds of mods in a single mission if you want, but you need to collect them every so often as there will only be 50 mods on the ground at any given time (think of it as a first-in-first-out queue; the objects (mods) get placed onto the queue (the ground), when the queue (ground) is full new objects (mods) will push the old ones out).

What is wrong with people like you.

On one hand you call like you have something like "Life" and on the other hand you want to have your best things available this instant. If you already know that you don't have as much time available, then stop setting your goals so high. Just play as you go along, nobody will ever judge you for it. And those who do are just scrubs themselves, so why even bother taking their comments to heart?

I don't even have my Archwings yet, because only 15.1.3 was capable of restoring basic gameplay stability for me. If you browse through my recent posts, you won't see me a single time raging out. Why would I? There is no need to. Do I envy any of your people having ... "issues" with Vivier? I sure don't, and neither will I have in any future.

I even wait a few days more to get my Archwing because I want to wait for my other friends to be able to play Warframe again so we can do this together.

The only thing I'm wondering about is how people like you even relate to the game. Like... really now. It doesn't make any sense. If you know you don't have the time, why even trying to be... what is the word ... "competitive" in a co-op game...?

Alright, well, I am pretty sure the 50 mod limit is here to stay and it doesn't seem like they are going to change it.  But for the record...

All those people standing there in place spamming whatever key killed the enemies just like all the players running around, they deserve and, if I may, want the rewards that drop just as much as the people who run around, if not more.  Even if you don't agree with how they killed the things, they did the exact same thing you did, murdered tons of enemies at once in the hopes of gaining resources and Mods.

IF you really want people to move around, why not add a mini-event that would take place where the mods are sucked up into a container that disappears in 45 seconds?  I know this is extra coding, each map would need a location marked for the container to spawn, Voice acting done, and lore would have to be created, but it isn't right to just take away the mods.  <<< Unrealistic

Especially under the pretense of lag control when as most of the players who farm Viver know that it isn't the mods that cause the lag, it is the endlessly repeating despawn fog that surrounds corpses (They don't disappear until you look at them).  At least be on the nose and say "We didin't ever mean for 1 map to generate 75+ mods in 20 minutes, so a cap has been enacted". Skating around saying you don't like how people are playing your game is somehow more insulting than just admitting it.

And if you are seriously trying to free up the lag from those games, a Mod cap isn't the right direction as it still happens.

EDIT: After thinking about it, a simple message from the lotus that goes along the lines of  "Teno, enemy forces are about to steal your Mods"  at 40 mods would suffice as well (And probably a waypoint to the nearest 5 if you honestly have been missing them)

Lotus mentions Zanuka is a "...yadda-yadda-yadda with a full compliment of mods, it is as if you are fighting one of your own" so I assume that it isn't meta to say they above.

Edited by Wyldbill

I'd also like to point out that Viver is the only mission where i've seen more than 50 mod drops at any one time. again, within normal gameplay timeframes, (as Rebecca said; a quick defence to 10) netted 3 mods. Rarely outside of survivals, or defences do I get many mods, as I only do interceptions for Tower keys.

Viver is an exception. I've yet to see a mission with that dense of a spawn pool. this could very well be just a fix to Viver alone. and as was stated before; we don't know what kind of strain that many entities could have on the servers themselves, maybe people doing this on Viver causes some memory leaks?

I wonder if we've know that much about how much damage Viver can do.

Edited by Kirarxe

@Kirarxe:

We thought about this before, but games are handled by the host and not a dedicated server.  The actual gameplay quality is based off of whoever is "Leader" of your party.  The impact Viver has on servers is just as much as any other map as your reward data is transmitted to it on completion (Or lack of).

Anyways, Viver grinds do not affect the servers any harsher than doing a normal survival.  Also, memory leaks mostly matter client side, and even though they affect servers a bit too, Warframe has always had a decent memory leak going so you cannot just pin years of problems on a relatively new issue.

Perhaps DE You could look at the quest log in the Codex. My Limbo therium quest is still showing the Last stage of the quest as being grayed out. Yet My Limbo is almost rank 20. As well there are 2 grayed out Question mark quest. Is there another quest that unlocks after the Limbo therium?

What is wrong with people like you.

On one hand you call like you have something like "Life" and on the other hand you want to have your best things available this instant. If you already know that you don't have as much time available, then stop setting your goals so high. Just play as you go along, nobody will ever judge you for it. And those who do are just scrubs themselves, so why even bother taking their comments to heart?

I don't even have my Archwings yet, because only 15.1.3 was capable of restoring basic gameplay stability for me. If you browse through my recent posts, you won't see me a single time raging out. Why would I? There is no need to. Do I envy any of your people having ... "issues" with Vivier? I sure don't, and neither will I have in any future.

I even wait a few days more to get my Archwing because I want to wait for my other friends to be able to play Warframe again so we can do this together.

The only thing I'm wondering about is how people like you even relate to the game. Like... really now. It doesn't make any sense. If you know you don't have the time, why even trying to be... what is the word ... "competitive" in a co-op game...?

im "raging" about players that want to nerf viver BECAUSE i havent much time... its a good farming/levelling node and i just dont understand why they want to nerf it if they dont like it dont play it but if you want things to be maxed out in short time you NEED a mission like that

All those people standing there in place spamming whatever key killed the enemies just like all the players running around, they deserve and, if I may, want the rewards that drop just as much as the people who run around, if not more.  Even if you don't agree with how they killed the things, they did the exact same thing you did, murdered tons of enemies at once in the hopes of gaining resources and Mods.

Would you please elaborate to me what is so bad about leaving your place ( "increased effort" ) to get more out out of it ( "increased rewards" ) for just as much as a few seconds? Viver is an Interception mission, right? So the next wave doesn't start until all remaining enemies are dead. If they would just increase the delay after all remaining enemies are killed before the selection screen comes in, and add another timer after the selection is done until the area becomes "active" again, these few seconds would be PLENTY of time to do a quick run through the room and pick everything up.

This delay would also alleviate the problem of you killing the last enemy of a defense wave with your gun half across the map... who drops a mod... and you can't get there to fetch it because the selection screen stops you from doing so. So to get that single mod, you have to do 5 more waves, and that might be 5 too many.

im "raging" about players that want to nerf viver BECAUSE i havent much time... its a good farming/levelling node and i just dont understand why they want to nerf it if they dont like it dont play it but if you want things to be maxed out in short time you NEED a mission like that

No, you don't "need" a mission like that. This is where Platinum comes in. If you have not enough time available because you're working, that is where you spend money for this F2P service in order to buy boosters to get more out of it.

Edited by Khunvyel

Would you please elaborate to me what is so bad about leaving your place ( "increased effort" ) to get more out out of it ( "increased rewards" ) for just as much as a few seconds? Viver is an Interception mission, right? So the next wave doesn't start until all remaining enemies are dead. If they would just increase the delay after all remaining enemies are killed before the selection screen comes in, and add another timer after the selection is done until the area becomes "active" again, these few seconds would be PLENTY of time to do a quick run through the room and pick everything up.

This delay would also alleviate the problem of you killing the last enemy of a defense wave with your gun half across the map... who drops a mod... and you can't get there to fetch it because the selection screen stops you from doing so. So to get that single mod, you have to do 5 more waves, and that might be 5 too many.

No, you don't "need" a mission like that. This is where Platinum comes in. If you have not enough time available because you're working, that is where you spend money for this F2P service in order to buy boosters to get more out of it.

Don't even spend money. Sell mods for plat, do a couple corrupted mod, or nightmare missions, sell the mods for those. Do towers for prime parts, everyone wants prime parts.

Its @(*()&#036; easy as S#&amp;&#036; to get 100plat/day just trading.

That works with one exception. I've had 83 mods drop in a single wave of interception on Viver. So by your reasoning if I'm running dps I don't deserve those extra 33 mods.

Don't even spend money. Sell mods for plat, do a couple corrupted mod, or nightmare missions, sell the mods for those. Do towers for prime parts, everyone wants prime parts.

Its @(*()$ easy as S#&$ to get 100plat/day just trading.

Everyone wants them, but I can never find anyone willing to pay for them. But congrats if your experience is different.

That works with one exception. I've had 83 mods drop in a single wave of interception on Viver. So by your reasoning if I'm running dps I don't deserve those extra 33 mods.

Everyone wants them, but I can never find anyone willing to pay for them. But congrats if your experience is different.

I agree, I spent 3 days trying to sell all my extra prime stuff for 5 plat apiece and still no one wanted to buy any thing. They seem to just want to trade for it or want a full set and if you don't have it they don't want it.

Almost, yes. Now tell me how many seconds you have between killing the last enemy of a wave and having the first one re-appear? You cannot remotely tell me that it is so bad to rush through the room, taking a COUPLE of seconds, be back on your place, and continue what you and the other 3 people are doing.

The other question is, why do you do Viver again? To farm mods or to farm reputation for Syndicate? If you tell me both, then those few seconds between each wave should not hurt you at all.

... the only exception being is for the afk-macro players who should get banned. Period.

Its @(*()$ easy as S#&$ to get 100plat/day just trading.

Of course people spend money. That platinum hasn't appeared from nowhere. Someone bought it and thus uses it for trading. Also, please view it in context; I am talking about W4vE who apparently has only barely enough time to play the game. I thus rate the probability of this person wanting to spend additional time in a trade channel to sell things not quite high.

If this 50 mod limit is going to stay I'd like to ask one thing. Please, add a counter to the mission summary screen clearly showing how many mods I've lost due to the 50 mod limit. Even better - a HUD counter that shows how many mods are already on the ground to let players know when to start running in circles to gather stuff.

EDIT: grammar

Edited by Goblin_Wizard

Nerf Viver please, it's annoying to run it every day because syndicate mission rewards only count if you have the mission (and therefore can't take clan mate on R4 mission, while he is still R3 with that faction...).

Btw, only 50 mods active at the same time? That's a huge step back to old days! 

seriously? "nerf a source of standing because other sources of standing dont give any if you dont have them"  what is your logic?

-snip-

we don't know what kind of strain that many entities could have on the servers themselves, maybe people doing this on Viver causes some memory leaks?

I wonder if we've know that much about how much damage Viver can do.

I'm no internet expert, but dayum bro you went overboard there.

I feel the need of quoting this , pure gold for people to have an idea of the issues at hand:

-snip-

We thought about this before, but games are handled by the host and not a dedicated server.  The actual gameplay quality is based off of whoever is "Leader" of your party.  The impact Viver has on servers is just as much as any other map as your reward data is transmitted to it on completion (Or lack of).

Anyways, Viver grinds do not affect the servers any harsher than doing a normal survival.  Also, memory leaks mostly matter client side, and even though they affect servers a bit too, Warframe has always had a decent memory leak going so you cannot just pin years of problems on a relatively new issue.

And yes, probably we will end up dealing with it. I doubt they will change this mod cap. Let the grind games continue...

If this 50 mod limit is going to stay I'd like to ask one thing. Please, add a counter to the mission summary screen clearly showing how many mods I've lost due to the 50 mod limit. Even better - a HUD counter that shows how many mods are already on the ground to let players know when to start running in circles to gather stuff.

EDIT: grammar

this is a great idea

I acknowledge that it is possible to run around and pick up the mods mid-wave. But W4vE very concisely summarised what I would have pointed out.

Viver isnt about running around and picking up mods...

1. if you run around you break the spawns

2. you get killed too fast by the very high spawn rate and level of the enemies

3. i did spend money in the past now im far enough to play the game without real money and now without tons of time..

You are only allowed 8 Mods on a frame, Let's take the my Excalibur Modset for a Viver run and elaborate off of it.

Overextended, Increases range but lowers damage

Intensify, Small boost to damage

Fleeting Expertise, For any energy gaps

Blind Rage, Recover damage loss from overextended + some

Transient Fortitiude, Even more damage

Stretch, More range

Flow, Energy Buffer

Natural Talent, Essentially Doubles damage through 2 uses in the time it takes one.

The problem with this setup is that if I have to run around, I have an approx. 700 health to work with and if you have ever been hit once by those guys, that is essentially six hits from rapid fire enemies before I go down.  Sure, I could try running around, But If I go down in a spawn, everything goes to hell.  The spam modset tactic isn't to take damage, it is to deal enough damage in a wide enough area so that foes cannot even damage you.  If they swamp one person in the mix, pretty much everyone involved is down for the count.  That is why it feels wrong for us to lose mods even though our only fault is that we cannot take stray shots let alone sustained damage.

EDIT: And to those of you who say people standing in place is undeserving of more than 50 mods per Round, No matter what everyone playing that map has had to put in some serious hours into the game just to get the mods needed to play it.  Everything before it was the journey specifically to get powerful enough just to stand in a spot and hit a button.  We all spent our fair share playing the game prior to reaching Viver and should not be punished just because someone disagrees with how we play the map. It is a Co-op game and I don't see how the button mashers offend any of you guys who play by running around the map.

Edited by Wyldbill

I'm still waiting for any of the assassins to get me, got grustrag 3, zanuka, and stalker marks.

Had them for a while and multiple messages without the stalker showing up in between.

Also, wondering if this is a glitch.

Edited by Blackwolfe99

Almost, yes. Now tell me how many seconds you have between killing the last enemy of a wave and having the first one re-appear? You cannot remotely tell me that it is so bad to rush through the room, taking a COUPLE of seconds, be back on your place, and continue what you and the other 3 people are doing.

The other question is, why do you do Viver again? To farm mods or to farm reputation for Syndicate? If you tell me both, then those few seconds between each wave should not hurt you at all.

... the only exception being is for the afk-macro players who should get banned. Period.

The lull between interception rounds lasts as long as people can keep their companions from killing the last mob. That's not the issue I brought up though. You keep saying 'just run about between rounds' like it's a defense mission. It's not. With the current mod cap you can loose close to 50% of the mods dropped before the round ends. That's what isn't right. It takes roughly 40 seconds to run all over a map as small as Viver, checking all the crannies. Even a defense mission doesn't give you that kind of leeway.