Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Overload Ability Buff Suggestion.

Ritchel

Volt's final ability will include:
Additional 15 second buff (affected by duration mods)
which makes mellee or range attacks do 100% electric stun
to enemies except bosses.

also adds a lightning aura visual effect for weapons.

this is an idea for volt to make him better with duration mods and add
edge to high lvl play, also to make him effective versus other factions.

thanks for reading tenno.

Edited by Ritchel

Best "buff" I ever heard was to make Volts shields into conductors for the bolts of lightning his Overload causes.

So even when all the lamps in a room are gone, he can still get the bonus damage from his shields.

Plus it makes 2 powers work with each other which is something DE are clearly trying to strive for.

thanks guys

just want to let my opinion loose and let d.e. decide whichever is better for volt, because i always hope final abilities would give cc or much more utility for missions. i think volt needs mcluvin. to me his final ability is like an expensive firework when it finishes you'll be like "thats it?!"

Edited by Ritchel

Well...Volt is all about shields. E-shield and base shields are awesome. But his low base Energy doesnt allow him to spam...And you can't go full efficiency coz his 2nd and 3rd are based on duration....Also you cant go full duration without harming your ult and 1st....If you go full strengh you need alot of energy...So its Flow or Streamline and also Stretch due to new mod.  That is 6 slots just to make his ult and 1st barely kill lvl30 stuff.

Oh I forgot to mention that Rage build on him is a really bad idea. With 300 hp and 15 armor you die in seconds if someone destroy your shield.

Me? I go full duration. I stack shields and Lanka everything. 12 shields + 50% damage each and they last for minute+. Its like...my own ult. I consider Overload a meh 3rd. His shield is his Ultimate. Shield is the best thing he can do.

How to make his ult better? Make it a Beam. Continuous beam that kill stuff better than 6 forma Amprex. And shields should buff its damage.

Also enemies killed by that beam should drop energy orbs at increased chance.

Or turn it into a giant cone wave of EMI that disable all enemy shields and pop electronics.

Anyway...Volt is still pretty awesome compared to EMBER! She it the one who really need attention.

Too much for a buff IMO, but it could be an awesome idea for an augment mod. :)

i rather have a indirect buff as in, self repairing electronic in every tile-sets and all frame within range become a walking tesla (and sentinel, not the dogs) for 10 sec doing 75-100% proc but doing 3/4th or 2/3rd damage of the initial amount from overload

makes it overall better since its is called Overload, so why shouldn't it also overload frames and sentinels