The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.2.1 +15.2.2

DE_Adam

viver = worth my time > reputation and exp

t4 survival = worth my time > cores

voids = worth my time > prime parts

quests = worth my time > if the reward is a new frame or something worth using

--------------------------------------------

archwing = not worth my time > lost all warframe skills that I worked for and its boring.

kubrows = not worth my time > carrier still better

pvp = not worth my time > 2v2 ? what a joke

warframe = not worth my time > no end game(pvp), viver taken away, reputation cap, a bunch of awesome warframes with nothing to do now but the same missions over and over.

How about you put viver back in like it was and take away the rep cap. Then, you should start all over with a new game engine that can handle pvp with more than 4 people. After that, you can make pvp maps that will make use of all the awesome warframe abilities we have gained. This will give us the end game content we want. Then, when you design new content make sure that is better than past content. By doing this, we will have new things to work for. We won't be saying, "but my carrier is better or archwing mission payouts are not as good as normal missions".

This is my feedback on the time I have played. Hope it helps.

Worst... post... EVER.

Seriously, could you be more rude? Pretty much everything about this update was fantastic. The Reputation cap is reasonable for veteran players (38k at MR18? Jeebus, that's a lot of Reputation) and you can earn it quickly, thus making it so you're not spending your entire day just farming Reputation, plus it gives newer players reason to WANT to get more Mastery Ranks. Viver's map was broken and exploitable. It needed to be fixed and the change to it being an infested map makes it fit into lore. Archwing is fun. Most people will agree it's a cool experience. If you don't enjoy it, you are in the minority and this game obviously isn't meant for you. As for Kubrows, I LOVE THEM. I use mine for everything. I much prefer it to a personality lacking drone that constantly hovers over my shoulder and only sucks up loot (can't give it a gun, cause, then it does ALL the work). If you're leaving, that's fine, but try not to be a complete tool about it.

Edited by Cradicias

mrepic1, on 14 Nov 2014 - 1:38 PM, said:snapback.png

viver = worth my time > reputation and exp

t4 survival = worth my time > cores

voids = worth my time > prime parts

quests = worth my time > if the reward is a new frame or something worth using

--------------------------------------------

archwing = not worth my time > lost all warframe skills that I worked for and its boring.

kubrows = not worth my time > carrier still better

pvp = not worth my time > 2v2 ? what a joke

warframe = not worth my time > no end game(pvp), viver taken away, reputation cap, a bunch of awesome warframes with nothing to do now but the same missions over and over.

How about you put viver back in like it was and take away the rep cap. Then, you should start all over with a new game engine that can handle pvp with more than 4 people. After that, you can make pvp maps that will make use of all the awesome warframe abilities we have gained. This will give us the end game content we want. Then, when you design new content make sure that is better than past content. By doing this, we will have new things to work for. We won't be saying, "but my carrier is better or archwing mission payouts are not as good as normal missions".

This is my feedback on the time I have played. Hope it helps.

Worst... post... EVER.

Seriously, could you be more rude? Pretty much everything about this update was fantastic. The Reputation cap is reasonable for veteran players (38k at MR18? Jeebus, that's a lot of Reputation) and you can earn it quickly, thus making it so you're not spending your entire day just farming Reputation, plus it gives newer players reason to WANT to get more Mastery Ranks. Viver's map was broken and exploitable. It needed to be fixed and the change to it being an infested map makes it fit into lore. Archwing is fun. Most people will agree it's a cool experience. If you don't enjoy it, you are in the minority and this game obviously isn't meant for you. As for Kubrows, I LOVE THEM. I use mine for everything. I much prefer it to a personality lacking drone that constantly hovers over my shoulder and only sucks up loot (can't give it a gun, cause, then it does ALL the work). If you're leaving, that's fine, but try not to be a complete tool about it.

Agreed.

Edited by .Dexus.

Worst... post... EVER.

My thought exactly. Only a fool would act like he's so special, that the whole game and community would crumble without him around.

If you don't like the game, you're free to leave, mrepic1. You won't be missed.

Thanks much for the Syndicate fixes.  Both the multiplier and the bonuses on the sigils are appreciated.  I have no problem with the reputation cap, as I doubt I will ever even come close to hitting it.  While I have not used Mag in a while, and further, make only limited use of my super powers in most games (I save them for emergency situations), I am glad that you rolled back the changes to the frames as well.  As for Archwing, I must admit that I don't make use of that game mode very much.  The Corpus maps aren't as bad, but I loathe the Grenieer missions and as there are few rewards for doing the missions (Archwing mods seem to drop with incredible rarity) I don't see the point in doing them.

Taken all-in-all, I think this was a well done hotfix patch. 

BEDMAS? What in the world is that, and what does it mean?

The order of operations. See the section on mnemonics for what this particular abbreviation stands for.

XP is 13 years old and no longer supported by Microsoft. Other software manufactures (DE included) should no longer waste resources for backwards compatibility either.

Win7 Pro is ~$50 for 3 licenses. Seriously people chip in $17 with a couple clan mates and update. After hearing all the time they waste trying to fix problems that are caused by a dead OS, as a software developer, it makes me sad. As a player of this game it makes me even more sad because that is content we are not getting, so all the rest of us suffer the consequences. 

It would probably be best to not assume everyone is capable of making the upgrade as easily as you make it sound. As I previously pointed out here, if the hardware itself won't support the upgrade to Windows 7 while also maintaining the smooth operation of both the OS and Warframe simultaneously, then upgrading the hardware might also be a necessity, whether that's individual parts or a brand new computer. In which case, the cost of upgrading would increase beyond "a couple of clan mates" chipping in (unless they have deeper pockets). Not to mention the time and resources needed to back up and/or move personal files, reinstall software, etc.

Everyone faces different circumstances that determine their choices in life, as they likely do for attitudes and trends relating to software. I would imagine understanding this is what separates a software developer from a good software developer. Now that's not to say that everything should be backwards compatible, since change and improvements are usually beneficial. But that's also no reason to simply dismiss the consumer base entirely. A balance must be struck. And finding that balance isn't always easy.

As for Warframe itself, DE is indeed in charge of its development, and as such does have the right to make changes to the game and its system requirements (there is probably a clause about that buried somewhere in the EULA) if they feel it is the right direction to take. It is at their sole discretion on whether they desire to support Warframe on XP or not. The only thing lost for players not using XP is perhaps the time the developers could have been using to make changes or additions to other parts of the game. But again, this is ultimately their game. We simply have the privilege of playing it.

Now on a much less serious note, here is the proper way to get people to switch to Windows 7:

Edited by Kordosa

And this is why I still have faith in this game.

DE listened to what we said, looked over more than one suggestion. (Even if we had to create earthquakes with our shouting) and made a reasonable change that helps us all.

Thank you DE. Thank you for restoring a bit of faith in the dev community. It is more appreciated than you might realize.