Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues With Ice Planet Tileset

Thural

Not to say that DE is terrible at their job of testing things before releasing them, but did you even test the ice planet tileset?  I've spawned outside the map 5 times while doing the tactical alert, fallen through the map 12 times (making me dc every time) and not to mention that the mini-map is terrible, most of the time not even showing me as inside the map.

I think this is more a server side issue that an issue with the tile set itself. 

nope... For example if the slide elevator is up you can fall down the elevator, through the map, and respawn under/outside the map over, and over again till eventually dying...

Also we still have that issue with the control console not being in the first room WHEN WE NEED IT.

Edited by Arlayn

im sure if players were asked if they wanted updates to be semi-monthly instead of weekly to ensure 30% more stability, that the polls would still be sided with weekly.

but i have been surprised before. maybe its actually something to consider. id vote for semi-monthly.

Help us test and let us know where you fell through and which tiles have problems with mini map. I cannot do anything with your description above.

several ppl have joined my games while i was still in some of the starting/entry tiles and said they spawned in falling thru the map

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I was actually running around looking for cat statues/map bugs and haven't had the chance to upload the screens, but since this is here now:

Extraction tile has missing geometry which you can fall through(Outside, extraction zone is on a raised platform- corpus... barge is floating in place)

2Yy7efZ.jpg

pOEbgqK.jpg

There's a gap between where the ice tunnels meet a ship tile

ER4dg8w.jpg

Standing in the threshold of outdoor pod doors makes you experience the freezing effect(snow flurries are seen across the screen as well)

b2FoPyG.jpg

I would also like to mention an instance of a "lockdown" happening as soon as I joined a game, and all 3 other squad members were still near the spawn.

There are no access terminals outside of the base. Minimap didn't indicate any except for one past the locked door, and we checked everywhere.

It was like, spawn point, ice stuff until in a damaged base, then it forked off to a dead end ice tunnel, or a (in this instance locked) vertical corpus door.

I am curios, i believe it was level 4 of the mission where the giant fans blow? They push your warframe (least they did mine) into the far opposite corner, which i could not get out of. There was nothing i could do, an i failed the mission because only 2 of us ran it. the capture target was down in front of it there was no way to avoid stepping down in front of the fan...

im not sure if this goes here, but it is a issue with the recent ice

Help us test and let us know where you fell through and which tiles have problems with mini map. I cannot do anything with your description above.

Spawning outside the map means at the time the player joins/enters the mission, it is already 'in the void'.  It is not relatable to a hole in a tile. The player starts up in the nether. 

When it happens, usually the player dies after a few seconds. Reviving does NOT make the player respawn inside the map. It ressurects outside  again, only to die one more time. 

If the affected player leaves the game session and re-joins the same game, the player will still spawn in the nether. Happened to me a few times. 

There are 2 problems: 

1) The game sometimes, for whatever reason, 'misses the mark' and puts the player starting position outside all game tiles. 

2) The game does remember the player's last position, but does not check whether it is a 'valid' position. So the player respawn outside the map, instead of respawning in the 'closest valid position'.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Spawning outside the map means at the time the player joins/enters the mission, it is already 'in the void'.  It is not relatable to a hole in a tile. The player starts up in the nether. 

When it happens, usually the player dies after a few seconds. Reviving does NOT make the player respawn inside the map. It ressurects outside  again, only to die one more time. 

If the affected player leaves the game session and re-joins the same game, the player will still spawn in the nether. Happened to me a few times. 

There are 2 problems: 

1) The game sometimes, for whatever reason, 'misses the mark' and puts the player starting position outside all game tiles. 

2) The game does remember the player's last position, but does not check whether it is a 'valid' position. So the player respawn outside the map, instead of respawning in the 'closest valid position'.

Speculating on problem 1) Maybe it's caused by desync between clients and the host. Some engines might think it's one tile at a certain position, but the host gets things differently, and does not communicate the correct starting positions. Or there is a 'default' starting position for all frames, which sometimes are outside the map, and for whatever reason the player's spawn is not repositioned to the correct spawn position inside the tile. 

Speculating on 2) If there is a: 'is the player's corpse in a valid location?' check on respawn, the game can just use the 'spawn the player close to the other players' logic which is already used when a player joins an ongoing mission.

Both should be fixed.