Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Reason To Boycott Ubisoft

Mythblaze

The use of your rights? What rights? You got banned for, in their eyes, intent to slander or cause a riot even. I mean, you were talking in a ubisoft chat room right? Naturally that is going to happen when you say "Hey guys, let's boycott DE's games!" on DE's forums...

Ubisoft does not like the use of my rights 

o6EwQ2u.png

This reminds me of what PW[E] does. They censor anything about other games, and censor/ban you for talking negative about their games. As if that will prevent people from figuring it out on their own. And what is this talk about bear/grizzly bait?

The use of your rights? What rights? You got banned for, in their eyes, intent to slander or cause a riot even. I mean, you were talking in a ubisoft chat room right? Naturally that is going to happen when you say "Hey guys, let's boycott DE's games!" on DE's forums...

Lolwut? Do you remember how much 'boycott-DE' threads we had after some... unfortunate updates?

DE never banned anyone for this.

Lolwut? Do you remember how much 'boycott-DE' threads we had after some... unfortunate updates?

Moderators locked the obviously flamebait threads by my recollection. Definitely toxic for the community as a whole.

The banning in that chat was certainly justified because that was nothing more than inciting a riot/flamewar. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with whatever was bring streamed at the time either.

Moderators locked the obviously flamebait threads by my recollection. Definitely toxic for the community as a whole.

The banning in that chat was certainly justified because that was nothing more than inciting a riot/flamewar. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with whatever was bring streamed at the time either.

They are promoting FarCry 4. I'm certainly surprised that more people are not tired of Ubisoft. 

Uplay is horrid and still to this day my Assassin's Creed 3 will not install without CRC error's and they would not refund my purchase. Had to get a refund by going through my card provider. 

False advertisement with higher quality video graphics in pre-release trailers and in live game play, most recent game this was done with is Watchdogs. 

Sub-par releases on the PC. 

What I do not like is that I really liked the Rainbow Six games however I will not support them because they are published by this asinine company. 

These threads were locked or removed, while some obviously would manage to slip through. A boycott thread doesn't bring any particular constructivity to help alleviate whatever issue the boycott was created for, and they aren't accepted here on the forums.

To yell "Boycott" doesn't bring any sort of constructivity to the forums, nor would it to any other company's chat rooms and forums.

If you were to read carefully the documents you agreed to, you would find that you have the right to post, but not -things listed here- and that the company has the right to suspend you at their pure discretion. Let's keep in mind, that in circumstances such as this, that forums are privately owned locations, that the owner chooses to allow certain things to be passed into it. 

Most countries would agree that spray-painting someone's lawn isn't an expression of free speech, and if the owner wants that removed and for you to be away from property, it is up to them.

TL;DR - Common 'Rights' such as Free Speech do not translate onto private locations on the web as easily as anyone may believe, and no rights were violated here.

We also would rather not facilitate the discussion to boycott or devalue any other company, as this is negativity that brings no constructivity.

Locking.