The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Primes?

Kungpaobeef

As the title states, it would be interesting to have prime version of kubrows. There's prime warframes, weapons, extractors, and sentinels, so why not kubrows? 

The kubrow prime drops could include multiple prime dna template blueprints of a certain breed combined to create a prime genetic code template. 

(This idea needs a lot of tweaking and probably an entire makeover, but you get the point)

Look at it this way. Every dog in the world is a descendant of the wolf, but we don't call wolves "dog prime" we just call them "wolves"

So why don't we just rename Kubrows to wolves? Oh yea, that would make the game seem boring. Plus adding more prime content gives something for the vets to do and everyone wants a shiny dog.

BTW just to refresh your memory, the Kubrows owned by the Tenno are genetically modified so they are different from your ordinary dog in virtually every aspect.

So why don't we just rename Kubrows to wolves? Oh yea, that would make the game seem boring. Plus adding more prime content gives something for the vets to do and everyone wants a shiny dog.

BTW just to refresh your memory, the Kubrows owned by the Tenno are genetically modified so they are different from your ordinary dog in virtually every aspect.

But then again, we'll have the drop tables for the void borked up because of the prime drops.

Look at it this way. Every dog in the world is a descendant of the wolf, but we don't call wolves "dog prime" we just call them "wolves"

Are you seriously trying to use this logic and place it into the game?

There's a reason why we call things that come from the Orokin era "Prime".

I'd bet on the next thing becoming Prime is an Archwing. Kubrows having Prime-versions would cause trouble as soon as they get implemented. How many players did complain about their Kubrows dying while they were on hiatus, not thinking about putting them in stasis. Imagine what DE would have to face if people forget to treat their prime-Kubrows... DE are too smart to do that.

I'd totally agree with primed Kubrow-accessories though. That seems legit.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

No, Kubrows are living things, why would a living thing have gold around it? Prime Kubrow armor yes, but not a living thing, Kubrow. Sentinels are practically robots or drones. Do you see a baby suddenly be born with gold?

Edited by izzatuw

I'd bet on the next thing becoming Prime is an Archwing. Kubrows having Prime-versions would cause trouble as soon as they get implemented. How many players did complain about their Kubrows dying while they were on hiatus, not thinking about putting them in stasis. Imagine what DE would have to face if people forget to treat their prime-Kubrows... DE are too smart to do that.

Please, Archwing isn't any better, it's unfinished, needs lots of tweaking and gets stale pretty quickly. I doubt they'll make a prime variant any time soon

I'd agree if:

1) we recover kubrow prime eggs from some storage vault in the Void, and require it to be combined with Prime templates. E.g.: Huras Prime Egg BP = Kubrow Prime Egg + Huras Prime Template + Argon or some such thing. Because leaving the breed to chance after farming all the stuff needed, and then waiting for the hatching period isn't fun.

2) reduce genetic decay rate by a considerable amount and ramp up loyalty loss to compensate (i.e.: Purer genetic stock, but prissy posh dogs). To reduce the potential grief of someone losing their shiny gold dog because of unfortunate circumstances.

I don't see your point. Kubrows were pets during the Orokin era; they were called Kubrows then and they are called Kubrows now.

I think it would be pretty cool to have "Ancient Kubrow DNA template" or something of the sort as a Void drop or something, so players can get a Kubrow with the DNA and appearance of one from the Orokin era. But considering that they were pets back then, I'm not sure if having a jolly fluffy peaceful herbivore with you in a mission would be the best thing for either of you...

Maybe the DNA of an Orokin guard Kubrow. That would work, I guess.

Edited by SortaRandom

Kubrow Prime. Always white. Markings are always golden. They weren't altered, but rather hatched from specially saved Kubrow eggs. Increased health, DNA is completely stable. They will not die.

This.

Maybe not the always white w/gold markings, but definitely the stable DNA.

I think it would be pretty cool to have "Ancient Kubrow DNA template" or something of the sort as a Void drop or something, so players can get a Kubrow with the DNA and appearance of one from the Orokin era.

We already have that, at least appearance wise.

xormcEi.jpg

Edited by Dead_Rabbits

I don't see any fault in Prime Kubrows.

It doesn't have to be mettalic gold. Just have a unique pattern, with certain parts of the body have fur the shade of gold. One problem though; reading the lore behind Kubrows, it can be infered that the Orokin-era Kubrows are genetically stable, which means a Prime Kubrow should not require DNA boosters. Which wpuld require the introduction of a newechanic, a very similiar mechanic, but nevertheless, a new one.

The question is whether this is fitting or necessary... Sure, a prime variant of everything Tenno-made or used exists in theory.

The topic of Warframe suits and changing genders at the snap of your fingers is still at debate. Kubros are different to that in the sense that they do not wear exosuits. They're living beings assisting us, and while their DNA may be in question, I do not believe that a 'Prime' Kubrow should be a thing. Fur patterns? Sure. Colors? Sure. But for the love of god, leave the actual dog model alone; A living organism shouldn't grow gold pieces because you 'modified some dna'.

Now Prime Kubrow armor... that would both make sense and be fitting to farm, rather than some fabled Orokin DNA that would have likely disintegrated by now anyway.

The question is whether this is fitting or necessary... Sure, a prime variant of everything Tenno-made or used exists in theory.

The topic of Warframe suits and changing genders at the snap of your fingers is still at debate. Kubros are different to that in the sense that they do not wear exosuits. They're living beings assisting us, and while their DNA may be in question, I do not believe that a 'Prime' Kubrow should be a thing. Fur patterns? Sure. Colors? Sure. But for the love of god, leave the actual dog model alone; A living organism shouldn't grow gold pieces because you 'modified some dna'.

Now Prime Kubrow armor... that would both make sense and be fitting to farm, rather than some fabled Orokin DNA that would have likely disintegrated by now anyway.

Actually, the Kubrow lore would support a Prime variant.  The ones we have are the bastard children of clones.  Or vice versa.  So it would be possible to have a Prime Kubrow.  

Finding them in the Void though, that would open a whole can of issues.  If Kubrows survived the Towers transferring into the Void, why didn't any other organic matter?  What effects did the Void have on the Prime Kubrows? etc.

I'd agree if:

1) we recover kubrow prime eggs from some storage vault in the Void, and require it to be combined with Prime templates. E.g.: Huras Prime Egg BP = Kubrow Prime Egg + Huras Prime Template + Argon or some such thing. Because leaving the breed to chance after farming all the stuff needed, and then waiting for the hatching period isn't fun.

2) reduce genetic decay rate by a considerable amount and ramp up loyalty loss to compensate (i.e.: Purer genetic stock, but prissy posh dogs). To reduce the potential grief of someone losing their shiny gold dog because of unfortunate circumstances.

Lower decay and easier loyalty loss? PLEASE YES PLEASE.

It'd make sense for a more pure dog resulting from orokin stuff instead of the shoddy job the tenno did at bringing dogs back that can't even survive for a couple days, even if it was only a bit better.

maybe YOU don't but DAMN, I'm calling Dog primes, "dog primes" from now on. 

unless "primed" kubrows didn't degenerate...

All what I could think and see was a pimp kubrow with gold left and right ... a frigging purple fur as his pimp suit XD

When other female kubrow be near he go low rider style and hit that base, going like EEEY gurl you fine! 

And its at that moment the tenno realizes that all what he had was a fancier dog .... luckly they wear helmets so their dissapointment can't be seen