Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Eyes! They Buuuurn! (Forums Light Theme)

VocalMagic

You know what, Im rarely in for big changes. But this one, has gone from the old dark days, to a brighter modern one. I must say, I do like it. 

Some changes to red on gray background could be changed. As of our names and some changes. Overall, the change is one sweet shine. 

Edit;

Even better, they have a option to change in bottom left corner as said before. That is a nice feature to see. 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

Bottom left> Change Theme

This, for those who want the classic dark theme.

Also, General Discussion isn't the place for feedback threads, please read and understand:

Thread title edited for clarity and moved to the proper section.

The website is too bright! The website is too bright!!!

tumblr_n45buvHBe11t37ebho1_400.gif

Seriously, it contrasts way too much with the liset, every planet ever, and the steam overlay. It's physically painful.

Is it so hard to press 2 buttons and change theme to what it was before?

Oh, I see.. the main page... You realy visit it?

Edited by RadYogh

it's just my eyes were prepared for the dark and gritty old forums and I loaded this up and it was like BAMMM!!! there is a saying "don't stare at the sun" for a reason. I'm sure I'll get used to in in a few days but maybe De needs to look over it again just like everything else maybe tone it back a bit

I just want to feed back that this new theme is painfully bad. It hurts to look at and does not fit warframes themes.

A lot of people keep complaining that the "Grimdark" is being taken out of warframe and this is another step towards this.

A lot of people keep complaining that the "Grimdark" is being taken out of warframe and this is another step towards this.

this is true but overall I think that they want Warframe to be less Grimdark, and more sleek, shiny, modern. considering it's set in the future a very long ways. this aint no starwars "long long ago"

This is really inconsiderate from whoever designed this, whatever this is.

After spending 40+ min in darkish grineer survival, launching this website is truly painful. DE, please, do not listen to the crap designers are feeding you.

You already stepped into doodoo with ingame UI, there is no reason to wallow in it.

To those quick to comment about switch to dark version: Yes, i am aware of it and using it. BUT:

quote from OP

"However, the Dark Theme will not receive regular updates, so for the latest forum updates and links, please use the Light Theme."

I think the most offensive thing with this new theme is the solid white boxes that the posts are actually in. It would look much better if the white parts had some slight opacity, similar to the text box here.

that would be much nicer. or have some sort of marbled effect, something to break up all that white

All the guild founders who planned their threads with black in mind, curse this.

p.s. I do not mind the white theme in mind.

It's the red text. (and I guess the EXCEEDING amount of white)

It's gaudy as f*.

It irks me to link animu here, but THIS is the idea of a well-designed white theme.

http://forum.nihonomaru.com/

Or you can use Guild Wars 2's forums as an example.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

To copy/paste what I said in the announcement thread for the new look, new theme is cunning plan to increase challenge by blinding players. Also, like blinding white flash of old broken lights, exposes DE's secret partnership with the makers of Excedrin by giving players migraines to boost sales.

I'm not fooled. >:(

But yeah, joking aside, the new forum design is literally a painful decision to inflict on the players.