Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Tenno Dad Looking To Play With His Tenno Son!

(PSN)Silverback73

I'm impressed by the game's beauty and game design. With limited time, I'll pick one frame and essentially run with it (PS4) I've chosen Volt due to the fascinating evolution of the Player discussions on how effective/fun or ineffective/useless he is up to end-game. I'm not even sure how he stacks up in 15.0 vs year-old discussions I've seen.

I'm more Sun-Tzu/Book of Five Rings than I am Blitzkrieg/Hammer-and-Nail, so if you want to make suggestions for other frames, fire away. I definitely value team synergy, but have a big learning curve ahead. Having an art background, I appreciated Sony being an early adopter and rewarded DE by buying some Platinum.

Thanks! Thoughts?

I'd suggest keeping up with the "Augment Mods" available to Volt. They'll come out slowly, but they're an interesting addition that's slowly coming to life.

If you want to stick with Volt, try looking up the "Red Veil" Syndicate on the Warframe wiki, and "Syndicates" in general. You'll want to start early, and there's no penalty for doing so. Volt's a good Warframe and I hope you enjoy the game!

Volt is certainly an interesting and fun Frame to use, and easy to start with. But like Somedude said, with a little practice you can make any frame viable in any situation; it's just that the different frames all have stats and abilities that allow them to be better in some situations than others.

Play away and have fun... you've got nearly a million players on the forums here willing to help and give their advice if you ever need help.

Volt is perfect in nearly every situation. He has strong shields, and versatile skills. Good choice!

Volts abilities have some neat perks that go with them. For the sake of brevity, I won't mention ALL of them, but if you are interested you may wish to check the Warframe wiki as well.

-Shock is a powerful chaining stun with good damage that automatically leaps from where it impacts to an enemy if they are in range. This allows you to either target enemies directly, or bounce it off anything close to the enemy to have it damage them.

-Speed may be a little overwhelming at first, but in addition to great mobility your melee attacks will be faster as well.

-Electric shield is one of the best personal defence abilities in the game. Enemy bullets cannot cross through it, and it gives your ranged attacks some extra power by adding electrical damage and doubling critical damage. If you get a weapon with a limited range, you can extend that infinitely by shooting through the shield.

-Overload is a good ability as well. It's especially powerful when there are electronics in the room you are using it in (look for lights and other mechanical props in the area to extend range and add more damage.

My only warning is be careful against higher level Grineer, some have armour that is resistant to electrical damage, so your abilities may be less effective against them. (Some examples: Grineer Elite Lancers, Grineer Bombards, and Grineer Napalms are less affected by electrical damage.)

Edit: Hmm, this turned out to be less brief than I claimed it would be, but I hope it helped you!

Edited by Vorsches

My son prefers Excaliber. Would that make Arbiters a better choice due to mutual frame preference or are Red Veil augments simply so boss that you recommend that syndicate even though Excaliber is a non-favored frame? Thanks!

This is a more personal choice, it is ultimately up to you to choose your syndicate (which is usually based on whether you think they are interesting/cool and have your Warframe/weapon preferences as well). Being a member of the Arbiters of Hexis myself, I have a bias. I would suggest going with them so you can be father/son in arms and have a good common ground based in a syndicate with some powerful tactical Warframes as favourites. But the "unbiased me" says that Red veil has some good choices of loot to pick through, and if you guys go Star Wars on each other and walk separate paths as father/son you have an opportunity to tease each other because Red Veil and the Arbiters of Hexis are full out hostile to each other.

My son prefers Excaliber. Would that make Arbiters a better choice due to mutual frame preference or are Red Veil augments simply so boss that you recommend that syndicate even though Excaliber is a non-favored frame? Thanks!

I suggest one of you takes the syndicates on the left and the other one the ones on the right. That way you have access to nearly all Sydicate rewards.

What are the ramifications of opposing Syndicate players partnering up? I know I'm coming across as rookie-ignorant, but I have a tremendous appreciation for the back stories that seem to grow and flesh out this game. It seems to have grown organically and I see DE as having a lot in common with Naughty Dog.

Anyway, I have no idea about the game mechanic +/- when rival syndicate members team up just to loot-swap vs being same-syndicate.

Thanks for being so Awesome-sauce!