The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Is Amazing - Disregard Any And All Saying Otherwise.

NightStrafe

A lot of people think this warframe is really bad, here is a screenpic from my last t4 defense mission (we went 30 waves, could have gone a lot longer).

http://prntscr.com/5b9h15

-- Also had a 90% accuracy.

Granted she does require help from teamates, usually a frost and a trinity make for a great combo. The one bad thing about the warframe (and also what makes her great) is that peacemaker auto locks on enemies and only requires you to click. This makes her a very easy warframe to play, but also makes it kind of dull for some (personally I like it). So even though she is rather easy to play on defense missions with friends she is definitely far from being a solo warframe with this build.

My current build (looking to change a few things still): http://prntscr.com/5b9isa

What makes her deal so much damage? Peacemaker (4th ability) It allows her to basically lock in place and kill every enemy she can see 1 by 1 in one hit and that goes as fast as you can click.

IMPORTANT: None of this is possible without frost/frost prime allies. Being locked down and unable to move makes you very vulnerable so snow globes are very necessary. This is not a good solo build, only a build for team defense missions (she is also very good at solo ODD because she can get up on something and just snipe things with peacemaker).

Edited by Magnam_Dei

And let me guess, most of those kills where from Peacemaker, yeah? THAT'S why people are unhappy with her, she has that one useful skill, which is just an auto aiming turret where you hammer the shoot button. Mesa could have been so much more interesting and creative.

Also, her, not he.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

And let me guess, most of those kills where from Peacemaker, yeah? THAT'S why people are unhappy with her, she has that one useful skill, which is just an auto aiming turret where you hammer the shoot button. Mesa could have been so much more interesting and creative.

The same people who wanted Excal to keep autokilling everythign through walls? The same people who say he's USELESS because he needs LoS to instagib everything in range?

Nah... Mesa is horrible, broken trash to those people because she requires LoS + clicking and drains power faster.

​Unless they're total hypocrites.

She is good for defense, but when it comes to gamemodes where you have to move a lot she gets swarmed easily.

I had one in a T4 Survival and while she could indeed kill, she just got two shot out of peacemaker.

But this was before Shatter Shield was fixed so that could be what the problem was.

I see a Maxed Boltor Prime, a Maxed Hikou Prime and a Maxed Dakra Prime, how does this show she is good? (I am not saying she isn't)

But i could take my Nekros and my Boltor Prime and get the most kills tho.

Honestly I never used them. If I did use them it was by mistake...

She is good for defense, but when it comes to gamemodes where you have to move a lot she gets swarmed easily.

I had one in a T4 Survival and while she could indeed kill, she just got two shot out of peacemaker.

But this was before Shatter Shield was fixed so that could be what the problem was.

Yea, defense is definitely where mesa is best, and I love defense missions. Not every warframe is good at every mission type - but I do think she could have different builds where she could do a lot better in other mission types.

I see a Maxed Boltor Prime, a Maxed Hikou Prime and a Maxed Dakra Prime, how does this show she is good? (I am not saying she isn't)

But i could take my Nekros and my Boltor Prime and get the most kills tho.

Actually, you won't if Mesa has a good perch. Peacemaker might by LoS dependent but it's capable of wiping out mobs faster then you can with your normal rifle, even a Boltor, or Soma, if she's got the high ground, and 'high ground' in a Defense Mission isn't as hard to come by as you'd think.

As opposed to what? every other frame that lives and dies on its #4? Or other one dimensional frames like Rhino, Loki or Trinity? There's nothing anymore wrong with Peacemaker then there is with Stomp, Molecular Prime or any other over used #4.

The same people who wanted Excal to keep autokilling everythign through walls? The same people who say he's USELESS because he needs LoS to instagib everything in range?

Nah... Mesa is horrible, broken trash to those people because she requires LoS + clicking and drains power faster.

​Unless they're total hypocrites.

Completely different situations.

Completely different situations.

Sure they are. In one you stand there hitting 4 killing everything in LoS. In the other you stand there hitting Mouse1 and killing everything in LoS. TOTALLY different. Apple lifters and orange sinkers.

I guess Excal wins at close range (immediate) and she wins at long (free range) and I guess she obviously scales better... Excal can use packs restore packs better... etc etc... but none of the differences applied to Vivergate when everyone declared Radial Javelin to be trash on a tiny Corpus map using Energy Vampire.

Sure they are. In one you stand there hitting 4 killing everything in LoS. In the other you stand there hitting Mouse1 and killing everything in LoS. TOTALLY different. Apple lifters and orange sinkers.

I guess Excal wins at close range (immediate) and she wins at long (free range) and I guess she obviously scales better... Excal can use packs restore packs better... etc etc... but none of the differences applied to Vivergate when everyone declared Radial Javelin to be trash on a tiny Corpus map using Energy Vampire.

Again, completely different. You're oversimplifying so it fits your argument. Regular vs. Toggle skill. Regular Damage vs. Scaling Damage. Range is different and important. AoE (former LoS limited AoE) vs. Ranged Bladestorm with LoS. They're completely different. If you hit 4 while an enemy is hidden behind a wall (with LoS RJ) you don't hit them. If you hit mouse1 while mesa's ult is active and an enemy is hidden behin da wall you don't hit them... but as soon as they walk out from behind that wall you can and without needing to mash 4 again.

Again, completely different. You're oversimplifying so it fits your argument. Regular vs. Toggle skill. Regular Damage vs. Scaling Damage. Range is different and important. AoE (former LoS limited AoE) vs. Ranged Bladestorm with LoS. They're completely different. If you hit 4 while an enemy is hidden behind a wall (with LoS RJ) you don't hit them. If you hit mouse1 while mesa's ult is active and an enemy is hidden behin da wall you don't hit them... but as soon as they walk out from behind that wall you can and without needing to mash 4 again.

You're right, Mouse1 and 4 only hit what's visible at the time, and then you have to hit Mouse1 or 4 again to hit them when they become visible. TOTALLY and completely different.

Walls are so OP.

A lot of people think this warframe is really bad, here is a screenpic from my last t4 defense mission (we went 30 waves, could have gone a lot longer).

http://prntscr.com/5b9h15

-- Also had a 90% accuracy.

Yeah, look like you have stolen all the kills from your team on that one.

Not sure if you are aware of what you're doing... but in effect you are showing this to solicit/stimulate for more complains against her to ask for nerfing her in some ways, whether intended.

Edited by ndantony

She's ok, you only got that high kill count because frost kept you safe. If you are up against enemies that shoot back you are pretty screwed.

Not so much, with her defensive skills fixed.  If I am being fired at, her Shatter Shield does well enough with high power strength to keep me from being insta-gibbed, and her shooting gallery ability [if solo] is pretty well off on disrupting infested [it still kinda works if you are with team-mates though it switches away from you after a few seconds] from surrounding you.  Granted a build like that would take a a few forma [i've put in a bit of work on her] and I'm happy with my Turret frame.

She lacks movement in her 4

A bit of a let down if you're a solo/ occasionally play with 1-2 extra people

Some movement (even if slowed) would make her a better frame - keep the auto click and make the toggle better

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/352857-toggle-able-abilites/

That'd be my way of fixing certain skills at least

-Phyrak

I'd rather they didn't add mobility to it, if for no other reason then it anchors your @$$ to the ground, meaning you have to be sure its reasonably safe before you start shooting, That's why it excels in Defense missions and other similar modes, but is less useful else where. If you could move around and avoid enemy's then it would be unquestionably an over powered skill

Yeah, look like you have stolen all the kills from your team on that one.

Not sure if you are aware of what you're doing... but in effect you are showing this to solicit/stimulate for more complains against her to ask for nerfing her in some ways, whether intended.

Or maybe he's pointing out the frame isn't horribly like some people have apparently claimed it to be, it's not like she's Limbo and her powers are troll bait, she just really good at killing things.

Edited by LunarTemplar