Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Marelok Or Brakk ?

Overlord_Hades

Normal Marelok, because it actually has good damage types, not crappy shifted to impact stats like Veykor -_-, the 5% status doesn't help since I already have over 100% status chance on normal marelok, and the 5% crit chance is barely noticeable. Overall Marelok > Veykor Marelok due to damage types.

Normal Marelok, because it actually has good damage types, not crappy shifted to impact stats like Veykor -_-, the 5% status doesn't help since I already have over 100% status chance on normal marelok, and the 5% crit chance is barely noticeable. Overall Marelok > Veykor Marelok due to damage types.

I disagree simply because the Vaykor Marelok has 10 rounds per clip, which technically means the Vaykor Marelok will dish out more damage than the normal Marelok. Especially in my case where I have similar builds on both. 

In my opinion, marelok (stock and syndicate version) are single shot brakk versions.  More range yes, but brakk brings more moveability to your gameplay with its in your face type playstyle. rload speeds are roughly the same, but i'd wager i could get of brakks full clip "on-target" easier than the mareloks.

All in all, no Brakk player would mind running with a marelok and no marelok player should feel bad about running with a brakk.

All about the playstyle with this one.....now me, i'm waiting patiently for Akbrakk...../drool

looking at my stats Brakk is the most secondary used.

Yesterday got the Vaykor-i dont own the normal- and the only dif

to consinder is that Justice revived me on Kiste when was downed

running with Nova to farm exp

So if i run Infested missions hands down Brakk for Void Def i will take

Vaykor instead of Lex Prime to give a try

Brakk for cqc

Lex Prime hard hiting + accuracy

Vaykor hard hiting + Justice (must for solo players)

its all matter of playstyle and preference and i believe all 3 is a must have

I usually run with the Marelok and will have the Vaykor soon. And am a big Marelok fan.  However, assuming the warframe-builder is correct, the Vaykor only beats the Brakk on status chance and range.  "Total damage" they are matched but if the Burst and Sustained are to be believed, the Brakk blows the Vaykor out of the water, off the planet and whimpering off into the darkness of space.

(not necessarily optimal builds but some quick and dirty DPS builds follow)

Vaykor built for damage and speed:

6463.07 total damage
32315.35 burst dps
17467.76 sustained dps
89% status (up 99%+ if you want to lower burst/sustain and even increase total damage a bit)

Same build on the Brakk:
6334.57  total damage
79182.13  burst dps
22623.46  sustained dps
38% or so status. (I believe that is accounting for multiple pellets so it's not really even that good in practice status-wise)

I realize these weapons behave differently and are more useful in different situations from each other.  But those are some crazy numbers on the Brakk.   I wish I had one to see if they translate into in-game performance as well as on paper.

Honestly I don't put much stock in the burst dps numbers so these weapons are actually probably much closer in performance in actual usage.  The Brakk still sacrifices status in favor of damage and close up utility.   A reasonable trade off that would sway me to the Vaykor in Void missions I think.

A previous poster said it, anyone should be very happy with either gun.  But damn, I gotta get dat Brakk.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

@Don_T_Shoot

Those numbers are weird. With Brakk you can get 58k (27k) dps with 37% while staying at default 8 shots per second.

Maximum dps you can get from Vaykor is 31k (19k) with 70% status and 5 fire rate.

Brakk's damage gets too low after 15m.

Marelok has lower burst and long reload (yes, 1.7s is long when compared to Brakk's 1s).

And for the discussion, get both and use the one that goes best with your primary weapon.

Yes, some odd and unexpected numbers.

I was just going by the builder and trying to quickly run up the  damage  as far as I could and those are the numbers it spit out.  I try to be a touch more thoughtful (weighing status, ammo usage, fire rate, etc version the raw damage numbers) when making a build I will actually use.

-snip-

And for the discussion, get both and use the one that goes best with your primary weapon.

Clearly the best advice right there.

(Snip)

You can only squeeze 6.3k~ total damage on them? Puny tenno.

Brakk T.D.:8967.69

Varelok T.D:9149.59

On total damage, Varelok wins. But because Brakk has higher fire rate and reload speed, it wins in the Brust DPS and Sustained DPS departments.

You can only squeeze 6.3k~ total damage on them? Puny tenno.

Brakk T.D.:8967.69

Varelok T.D:9149.59

On total damage, Varelok wins. But because Brakk has higher fire rate and reload speed, it wins in the Brust DPS and Sustained DPS departments.

I was going quickly sorry about that. I forgot Magnum Force so if you add in that and ignore status I get

1141.33icone_impact.pngimpact
190.22icone_penetration.pngpuncture
570.66icone_tranchant.pngslash
3423.97icone_corrosif.pngcorrosive (icone_electrique.png+icone_poison.png)
2853.31icone_explosif.pngblast (icone_feu.png+icone_glace.png)

total damage

Horn Strike, Barrel Diff, Lethal Torrent, Magnum Force, and the four elemental mods.

I'm not sure what magic mod you are using that puts it above 9,000 per shot.

I was going quickly sorry about that. I forgot Magnum Force so if you add in that and ignore status I get

1141.33icone_impact.pngimpact
190.22icone_penetration.pngpuncture
570.66icone_tranchant.pngslash
3423.97icone_corrosif.pngcorrosive (icone_electrique.png+icone_poison.png)
2853.31icone_explosif.pngblast (icone_feu.png+icone_glace.png)

total damage

Horn Strike, Barrel Diff, Lethal Torrent, Magnum Force, and the four elemental mods.

I'm not sure what magic mod you are using that puts it above 9,000 per shot.

Don't use Magnum Force, it's a really bad mod... Only +66% at max rank, costs 14 capacity AND -33% accuracy.

Crit Builds are the best for Brakk IMO.

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker and 3 Elemental mods.

8,583 Damage

68,664 Burst DPS

26,409 Sustained DPS

Edited by Esleyer

I think Target Cracker is not that much of a good choice, it's only 60% (but i do use Pistol Gambit 'cause it's +120% which is good)

I prefer a safe 60/60 dmg/status or 90 dmg instead of Target Cracker

That being said...

PLUS of the Vay Marelok:

- No Range problems

- Justice effect

PLUS of the Brakk:

- Reload Speed

- Fire Rate

To me the PLUS of the Brakk are way more important because i do play a "in your face" playstyle and nothing beats unloading a full powered Brakk clip in the chest of someone at 2-5m range.

It's total Annihilation, something the Marelok cant provide in terms of "feeling"

Edited by Phoenix86

I think Target Cracker is not that much of a good choice, it's only 60% (but i do use Pistol Gambit 'cause it's +120% which is good)

I strongly disagree. If you're gonna use Pistol Gambit, it's better to use Target Cracker as well.

Those 60% aren't simply a 60% more damage - it's a bonus to ALL damage. Some numbers:

Using the following build:

Horn Strike, Leth Torrent, Barrel Diff, Path Rounds, Convulsion, Heat Charge +

Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker = 8583 Dmg / 25.31% Status

Pistol Gambit and 60%Dmg/60%Stat mod = 7686 Dmg / 37.34% Status

Target Cracker and 60%Dmg/60%Stat mod = 7686 Dmg / 37%.34% Status (not a typo, it's exactly the same as with Pistol Gambit)

Two 60%Dmg/60%Stat mods = 7573 Dmg / 47.46% Status

Conclusion:

Using either Pistol Gambit or Target Cracker is ineffective.

Use them both for a pure damage build or two 60%dmg/60%stat mods for status chance build.

And by the way, the crit chance is per pallet, so you won't experience huge jumps in damage. 

Edited by Esleyer

Exactly, one critical build is ineffective. Mine got 5 formas and I put 2 event mods for increase status chance, 2 mods with 90 percents dmg and penetrate mod. I can shot one line of enemies :) Will post my build soon when I go home.

Edited by Deadly_Protocol

That being said...

PLUS of the Vay Marelok:

- No Range problems

- Justice effect

PLUS of the Brakk:

- Reload Speed

- Fire Rate

To me the PLUS of the Brakk are way more important because i do play a "in your face" playstyle and nothing beats unloading a full powered Brakk clip in the chest of someone at 2-5m range.

It's total Annihilation, something the Marelok cant provide in terms of "feeling"

+1 i have exactly the same playstyle and same feeling 

Plus the Justice effect on the Vaykor Marelok will revive you if it triggers while you are downed.

That's pretty damn awesome.

What that is soo cheap. So just spam it into a mob of enemies with like gunslinger and boom revived with out any revives used.

the 5% status doesn't help

False. With normal marelok, you need 4 dual stat mods to reach 102% status chance (3 only give you 84%). With Vaykor, you can actually put only 3 dual stat mods and get 98% status chance. So the 5% difference actually matters quite a bit.