Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Got Buff, What About Vandal?

markus230

Before Buff Vandal and Prime was almost identical (Braton Vandal Dmg 24 | Braton Prime Dmg 25), now Braton Prime has 11 dmg more than Vandal and higher fire rate. Please DE buff Braton Vandal, for now its useless because you can just build Braton Prime

PS. Lato Vandal (I dont know how it is with Prime) is useless as well

Edited by markus230

Would love to see it as a decent weapon again as well.

It was very powerful when it was given out to players, but then it was nerfed to death while the power creep made that nerf completely obsolete anyways. Since barely anyone who plays has it anyways it was left to rot in its grave.

There is no reason to not give Braton Vandal the same buffs as Prime. The Vandal is supposed to be a cosmetic item we can take into the game that will show other people that we were in closed beta. However, now that Braton Prime far exceeds it in performance, there is no justification for using it. To do so would be purposely hindering your team, as even if you preferred the mechanics of the Braton weapon line, the Prime is the clear choice of which one you should be using. 

The argument that it's not available to everyone, is merely spiteful rhetoric of people who weren't around during closed beta and couldn't get the weapon.

Or.... how about turning the Braton Vandal into a weapon skin we can apply to Braton Prime, that makes it look like Braton Vandal? We would still have to grind and farm the parts for Braton Prime, but could then use the skin as a cosmetic to make the Prime look like the Vandal.

Edited by Ryme

Or.... how about turning the Braton Vandal into a weapon skin we can apply to Braton Prime, that makes it look like Braton Vandal? We would still have to grind and farm the parts for Braton Prime, but could then use the skin as a cosmetic to make the Prime look like the Vandal.

Bad idea in my opinion, Braton Vandal have only slightly different look. Also would you like to turn every Wraith and Vandal into skins? I guess not

Bad idea in my opinion, Braton Vandal have only slightly different look. Also would you like to turn every Wraith and Vandal into skins? I guess not

That's kind of the point. The Braton Vandal was equivalent to the Braton Prime. The latter Vraith and Wandal weapons were superior to their stock versions. No one has asked that the Braton Vandal be made better than the Braton Prime, but maintained as equivalent in performance to validate its use.

Is it fair that people don't recognize the efforts of those who went through closed beta, reporting and helping to eliminate the bugs and errors that have brought the game to its state today, but only care that they have a thing I can't get? No. Is it just how people are these days? Sadly so.

To that end, if the people against Braton Vandal being viable, are upset because the weapon didn't have to be farmed for and constructed, I offer the concession that it be turned into a weapon skin like the Manticore and Dagger Axe skins. The end result being we would be subjected to the same inconvenience they had to experience to get the Braton Prime, but end up with what we want; a Braton Vandal with equivalent performance to Braton Prime.

What with all that formas that i put into this weapon then? Its like turning Excalibur Prime into skin, no one would want that. Vandal is Vandal, Prime is Prime. When Excalibur got buff Excalibur Prime got that buff too. Changing some numbers is easier than changing a stand alone weapon into skin i think.

Braton Vandal needs buff, not a change into skin

Edited by markus230

What with all that formas that i put into this weapon then? Its like turning Excalibur Prime into skin, no one would want that. Vandal is Vandal, Prime is Prime. When Excalibur got buff Excalibur Prime got that buff too. Changing some numbers is easier than changing a stand alone weapon into skin i think.

Braton Vandal needs buff, not a change into skin

That would be the preferred outcome, but I've made peace with the fact that you don't often get what you want. Also, DE has shown that they can refund formas. Plus, given how few people actually have the weapon, it shouldn't be too much trouble to do so.

Also, Excalibur Prime is 'slightly' superior to the base prime. So changing it to a skin would not be an equivalent exchange. Again, Braton Vandal was equivalent to Braton Prime, thus there is no loss in performance by making it a skin.

Edited by Ryme

That would be the preferred outcome, but I've made peace with the fact that you don't often get what you want. Also, DE has shown that they can refund formas. Plus, given how few people actually have the weapon, it shouldn't be too much trouble to do so.

Also, Excalibur Prime is 'slightly' superior to the base prime. So changing it to a skin would not be an equivalent exchange. Again, Braton Vandal was equivalent to Braton Prime, thus there is no loss in performance by making it a skin.

The problem being that no one wants it to be a skin, everyone wants it as it's own weapon and to stay that way as it's a SPECIAL weapon that only people from that time got it. Changing it to a skin would upset them, therefor thats not an option. However, it WAS NOT equivalent to the braton prime, it was SLIGHLY under par, and so is it's own weapon that deserves a buff to be brought back to what is once was.

EDIT: Differences between Braton Prime and Braton Vandel

Compared to the Braton Prime:

• Lower base damage (24.0 vs. 25.1).
    • Higher 18px-Impact_b.png Impact damage (8.0 vs. 1.3).
    • Lower 18px-Puncture_b.png Puncture damage (1.0 vs. 8.8).
    • Even 18px-Slash_b.png Slash damage (15.0 vs. 15.0).
  • Lower rate of fire (7.9 rounds/s vs. 8.8 rounds/s).
  • Lower clip size (45 vs. 50)
  • Shorter reload time (1.9s vs. 2.2s)
  • Higher accuracy (33.3 vs. 28.6)
  • The Braton Vandel does have 20px-V.png polarity, while the Prime does not.
Edited by Kuari

This

As a Vandal owner, I agree that getting a direct buff would be the ideal outcome. I have even stated in another thread about this topic that it would be acceptable for the Vandal to be buffed to be just slightly less powerful than the Prime, to justify its use as a viable alternative to the Prime. But I provide alternate solutions in the event that DE does not see fit to buff the weapon as well, given how butt-hurt people have proven to be about exclusives that they can't acquire for themselves anymore.

Edited by Ryme

But I provide alternate solutions in the event that DE does not see fit to buff the weapon as well, given how butt-hurt people have proven to be about exclusives that they can't acquire for themselves anymore.

They can just build Prime version, whats the problem?

They can just build Prime version, whats the problem?

That they don't feel special enough with something everyone can get, even if it's objectively better.

I am surprised that people who don't have a Vandal aren't screaming that they don't want it buffed by now like they did every time a buff for the Vandal was requested... You usually see things along the lines of "It's an exclusive! It's not meant to be strong!" or "I can't get this gun so it mustn't be strong!" every time a thread like this pops up.

That they don't feel special enough with something everyone can get, even if it's objectively better.

But they feel fine using Boltor Prime? If they would want it just because this is special then they would cry anyway, no matter that this is useful or not

I am surprised that people who don't have a Vandal aren't screaming that they don't want it buffed by now like they did every time a buff for the Vandal was requested... You usually see things along the lines of "It's an exclusive! It's not meant to be strong!" or "I can't get this gun so it mustn't be strong!" every time a thread like this pops up.

They did that already yesterday, 2 or 3 pages down. They've all moved onto syndicate weapons for now.

But they feel fine using Boltor Prime? If they would want it just because this is special then they would cry anyway, no matter that this is useful or not

Have you not seen the MR gate proposal threads, centered around "noobs" being able to use Boltor P?

I think you are starting to get the gist of why the Braton Vandal was nerfed a long time ago.

Edited by Tyrian3k

I think you are starting to get the gist of why the Braton Vandal was nerfed a long time ago.

I dont think so, if it would work like that then every Wraith, Dex and Vandal weapon would be crap. I think DE just forgotten about old poor Brandal and Lato Vandal

Edited by markus230

The reason for that is simply that almost all the Wraith and Vandal weapons after the Braton were never powerful to begin with only exception is maybe the Latron Wraith which is about as strong as the Latron Prime. The Gorgon Wraith can't even reach the same DPS as a Soma if you put Heavy Caliber in it.

In other words: Nobody ever got to like them in the first place. The Braton Vandal is the only one that was ever used largely.

The reason for that is simply that almost all the Wraith and Vandal weapons after the Braton were never powerful to begin with only exception is maybe the Latron Wraith which is about as strong as the Latron Prime. The Gorgon Wraith can't even reach the same DPS as a Soma if you put Heavy Caliber in it.

In other words: Nobody ever got to like them in the first place. The Braton Vandal is the only one that was ever used largely.

I can't hear you over closed beta Gorgon, you might have to speak in the high 400k burst dps range.

But yeah, nerfed to hell and only slight remedied, sorry that the two best weapons in the game (Boltor Prime and Soma I'm looking at you) can't be matched, but there not even the same guns you should be comparing everything too.