Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Got Buff, What About Vandal?

markus230

Searching my being for sympathy for a bunch of folks who finally made the game they originally wanted to (and a pretty successful one at that)... having trouble finding it. If it's really that odious a task, surely he could get some back-up? I mean, balance is a pretty important part of this game, surely the dev team could devote some more resources to it?

If balance had been kept in mind at the beginning, we wouldn't be in this mess, now would we?

Well, all I can say is that the task of balancing the weapons will only get bigger with each new addition and will also cause more and more of an uproar upon fixing, the longer they let the imbalance persist.

Just imagine all the people crying when their 5+ forma Boltor Primes are nerfed...

good news and bad news

braton vandal got the damage buff 

it took a heavy ammo nerf and now runs out of ammo after 10-15 kills because of how low the damage still is

seems to do segnificantly less damage in total

feels like a huge nerf when you are so used to the old braton vandal

I actualy run a crit build without heavy cal so i keep the great accuracy so every 4th shot does 4.4x instead of the constant 120%

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

good news and bad news

braton vandal got the damage buff 

it took a heavy ammo nerf and now runs out of ammo after 10-15 kills because of how low the damage still is

seems to do segnificantly less damage in total

feels like a huge nerf when you are so used to the old braton vandal

I actualy run a crit build without heavy cal so i keep the great accuracy so every 4th shot does 4.4x instead of the constant 120%

TBH, the ammo change wasn't that bad of a nerf. Braton Prime probably got hit worst in terms of ammo efficiency.

The Braton P gets a 75 magazine, 375 reserves, ROF of 9.6, and a reload of 2.2 seconds

Meanwhile, the Brandal gets a 50 magazine, 350 reserves, ROF of 7.5, and a reload of 1.8 seconds.

Also, I just did a quick solo on Pluto, managed to do it with about 250 in the reserves and a half spent magazine left.

TBH, the ammo change wasn't that bad of a nerf. Braton Prime probably got hit worst in terms of ammo efficiency.

The Braton P gets a 75 magazine, 375 reserves, ROF of 9.6, and a reload of 2.2 seconds

Meanwhile, the Brandal gets a 50 magazine, 350 reserves, ROF of 7.5, and a reload of 1.8 seconds.

Also, I just did a quick solo on Pluto, managed to do it with about 250 in the reserves and a half spent magazine left.

Im doing cerberus and it just feels like it runs out when it matters when i dont have carrier on

Bad idea in my opinion, Braton Vandal have only slightly different look. Also would you like to turn every Wraith and Vandal into skins? I guess not

The Vandal's pretty different from the regular prime. It's blue(ish), for one. And then there's the Lotus emblem on it.

But that aside... Yes, as an old(ish) player (in terms of when I signed up) who never got into WF when it was first made available to me and only just delved deeper into it, those weapons should be made into exclusive skins. It makes no sense for weapons that could potentially be better than their counterparts (luckily, they aren't, for the most part) to be exclusive and locked away from newcomers forever. Skins are a very easy solution. You can still stroke your epeen (that might be a harsh way of putting it), all the while retaining a balanced playspace; no one feels less superior because someone has something that no one else can achieve.

Edited by ThorsonWong

those weapons should be made into exclusive skins

No, those weapons shouldn't be made into exclusive skins, Braton Vandal looks just like regular Braton, only when you look closely you can se the difference. Also, skins are designed to look cool, and you are not looking cool running with Braton (90% of players propably don't event know about existance of Braton Vandal)

Dex Furis which i have has been confirmed to return at some point which is great for those who missed it.

YOU don't want other people to have Braton Vandal because you have it, how can you spell selfish without chocking?

i want to be able to get all weapons because the dump MR system imposed by the game requires that, i couldn't care less about its power.

and you still fail to see the point that Vandal is not a Prime and Primes are supposed to be the Pinnacle of their weapon Families.

Actualy its been confirmed by DE excal lato skana prime and braton lato vandal will never be coming back and are rewards for being around since the beggining other event weapons will be coming around eventualy tho

then again they are going back on their lore that nova vectis soma and tigaris are new age weapons that cant get primes

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

No, those weapons shouldn't be made into exclusive skins, Braton Vandal looks just like regular Braton, only when you look closely you can se the difference. Also, skins are designed to look cool, and you are not looking cool running with Braton (90% of players propably don't event know about existance of Braton Vandal)

You would rather risk unbalancing the game by buffing a weapon only a minority has over than the simple patch of making them skins? That's just being selfish. If I were in your shoes, I'd shrug it off and deal with using it as a skin. And also, if you could use it as a skin, just stick the skin on your Braton Prime. No one in their right mind would take a normal Braton into the Void anyway, so they'd immediately recognize you as a closed beta player. Not that I think the differences aren't big enough, anyway. I think it looks plenty distinct as is. I mean, it's not Prime to Non-Prime different, but it's enough of a change to where if I took the time to look, I'd notice.

You would rather risk unbalancing the game by buffing a weapon only a minority has over than the simple patch of making them skins? That's just being selfish. If I were in your shoes, I'd shrug it off and deal with using it as a skin. And also, if you could use it as a skin, just stick the skin on your Braton Prime. No one in their right mind would take a normal Braton into the Void anyway, so they'd immediately recognize you as a closed beta player. Not that I think the differences aren't big enough, anyway. I think it looks plenty distinct as is. I mean, it's not Prime to Non-Prime different, but it's enough of a change to where if I took the time to look, I'd notice.

What XD

the braton vandal is weaker then the braton prime its always been a side-grade to normal braton

I believe its more accurate and slower firing tho witch is a nice thing if its your preference (it is mine)

I have seen plenty of bratons and people running MK1s for S#&$s and giggles in voids and no one ever thinks I am using the braton vandal ever not many people still know about it

Tho if DE wants to turn all the Braton Vandals into Primes and make it a skin for all Bratons that increases accuracy by a lot damage by a lot and lowers fire rate by a lot I am all for the change ;p  aslong as the skin on the regular braton makes it the same as the vandal and using it on the prime is a slight upgrade to the prime in damage/accuracy but a downgrade to dps

I would love to see this for all dex ( dex furis skin with increased stats for single furis for new loka :<?)  wraith vandal and dragon weapons (really wish i could use old nikata sheath with dragon stats) it will stink to lose all that extra mastery exp tho

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

What XD

the braton vandal is weaker then the braton prime its always been a side-grade to normal braton

I believe its more accurate and slower firing tho witch is a nice thing if its your preference (it is mine)

I have seen plenty of bratons and people running MK1s for S#&$s and giggles in voids and no one ever thinks I am using the braton vandal ever not many people still know about it

Tho if DE wants to turn all the Braton Vandals into Primes and make it a skin for all Bratons that increases accuracy by a lot damage by a lot and lowers fire rate by a lot I am all for the change ;p  aslong as the skin on the regular braton makes it the same as the vandal and using it on the prime is a slight upgrade to the prime in damage/accuracy but a downgrade to dps

I would love to see this for all dex ( dex furis skin with increased stats for single furis for new loka :<?)  wraith vandal and dragon weapons (really wish i could use old nikata sheath with dragon stats) it will stink to lose all that extra mastery exp tho

My point wasn't that it was an upgrade (as of right now), but that it should be made a cosmetic skin and only that so that there's no chance of it ever being better than the Braton Prime. Why? Well, that's because if something as exclusive as the Braton Vandal was made better, there would be an imbalance. I don't have the data for CB players (who have the Vandal) to non-CB players, so I can't say how much it'd affect the game, but it's just another thing DE would have to worry about in the longrun. And that's really not something they need. *coughs* Buff Ember and Banshee *coughs* Not to mention all the other imbalances they have in the game, as is. *eyes Boltor Prime suspiciously*

Honestly, I hope they cut down some of the bigger guns (Soma/Boltor P) or make other guns more on-par with them soon. It's a bit tiring seeing those weapons and those alone in the higher tier content. The sound of those guns are starting to drive me crazy. ;______; But that's a whole 'nother topic.

Edited by ThorsonWong

but that it should be made a cosmetic skin and only that so that there's no chance of it ever being better than the Braton Prime

What's the point!? It wasn't better before, and it's not better now, thats just stupid. Lets make exclusive weapons skins so they can't buff it... that's just stupid. If Braton Vandal would be Braton Prime skin then what will you do with Lato Vandal? You don't like exclusives because they are bad, or because you don't have that certain exclusive? I'm playing this game for 2 years, and you want to change the only things that prove it into skins because you don't have those. Playing for 2 years is not enough to get decent weapon?

Sorry for that, I just hate when ppl want to destroy exclusives that they don't have.

Edited by markus230

What's the point!? It wasn't better before, and it's not better now, thats just stupid. Lets make exclusive weapons skins so they can't buff it... that's just stupid. If Braton Vandal would be Braton Prime skin then what will you do with Lato Vandal? You don't like exclusives because they are bad, or because you don't have that certain exclusive? I'm playing this game for 2 years, and you want to change the only things that prove it into skins because you don't have those. Playing for 2 years is not enough to get decent weapon?

Sorry for that, I just hate when ppl want to destroy exclusives that they don't have.

The point is so that it could never unbalance the game. The gun at the moment is a piece of S#&amp;&#036;e that no one uses. Why? Because it's bad. Just make it a skin and you can stroke your "I've played for two years!" epeen all you want, all the while never risking the balance of the game. It's not like they can buff a cosmetic item, other than making it look better. And it's not about "destroying exclusives that I don't have," it's about keeping the game balanced. And as of right now, the Vandal isn't unbalancing the game, I know this and you can stop reminding me, but if it can be buffed (as you would like it to be), then it might put the other guns (or at least the other Bratons) at a disadvantage. You're trying to make me out to be the selfish one here, when really, if I were in your shoes (and I have been in the past, just not on WF), I could give less of a S#&amp;&#036; about them taking my exclusivity away for the sake of the betterment of the game I love.

And playing 2 years is good enough for you to have a skin that no one else has. It shouldn't have to affect the game in any way other than that.

The point is so that it could never unbalance the game. The gun at the moment is a piece of S#&$e that no one uses. Why? Because it's bad. Just make it a skin and you can stroke your "I've played for two years!" epeen all you want, all the while never risking the balance of the game. It's not like they can buff a cosmetic item, other than making it look better. And it's not about "destroying exclusives that I don't have," it's about keeping the game balanced. And as of right now, the Vandal isn't unbalancing the game, I know this and you can stop reminding me, but if it can be buffed (as you would like it to be), then it might put the other guns (or at least the other Bratons) at a disadvantage. You're trying to make me out to be the selfish one here, when really, if I were in your shoes (and I have been in the past, just not on WF), I could give less of a S#&$ about them taking my exclusivity away for the sake of the betterment of the game I love.

And playing 2 years is good enough for you to have a skin that no one else has. It shouldn't have to affect the game in any way other than that.

I think he's mainly afraid of losing the Mastery points that come with the Vandal being a unique weapon, instead of a skin. I would be in favor of Vandal becoming a skin that can be applied to Braton Prime; frees up an inventory slot, ensures Braton Vandal will never fall behind Braton Prime in viability, still allows long time vets to pull out a weapon that shows they've been around a long time. The only down side to the whole exchange being you may loose the mastery points from leveling it as a separate weapon.

Edited by Ryme

Was the original Vandal equal or better than the normal Braton?

Better than normal Braton

The point is so that it could never unbalance the game. The gun at the moment is a piece of S#&$e that no one uses. Why? Because it's bad. Just make it a skin and you can stroke your "I've played for two years!" epeen all you want, all the while never risking the balance of the game. It's not like they can buff a cosmetic item, other than making it look better. And it's not about "destroying exclusives that I don't have," it's about keeping the game balanced. And as of right now, the Vandal isn't unbalancing the game, I know this and you can stop reminding me, but if it can be buffed (as you would like it to be), then it might put the other guns (or at least the other Bratons) at a disadvantage. You're trying to make me out to be the selfish one here, when really, if I were in your shoes (and I have been in the past, just not on WF), I could give less of a S#&$ about them taking my exclusivity away for the sake of the betterment of the game I love.

Why are you talking about balance!? For now we have weapons like Brakk, Boltor Prime, Synoid Gammacor and Soma. Also why DE would make Braton Vandal God tier weapon? Lets make Skana Prime a Skana skin. I think this would upset lot of Founders. Or lets make Ember a Excalibur Skin, because why not... I bought a weapon, not a skin.

You don't have this weapon, fine, but don't change my weapon into a skin just because you want it.

Also, do you think playing 2 years for a skin that most people dont even recognize is worth it?

And what would you do with Snipetron Vandal and Lato Vandal? Snipetron don't even exist anymore, and Lato is worse than Lato Vandal. If you want to change exclusive weapon into skin then do it with every exclusive weapon, its impossible for Lato Vandal, Snipetron Vandal, Dual Vipers Wraith, Strun Wraith, Gorgon Wraith, Prova Vandal, Machete Wraith, Skana Prime, Lato Prime and Dex Furis. I missed something?

Sorry, but until it's either turned into a skin, or made available to ALL players again, the Braton Vandal should NOT get a buff. Just be happy that those of you that have it have more MR xp than anyone else will be able to get. <_<

And also, DEvs have NEVER said the Lato and Braton Vandals are exclusive and will not be made available again in the future. The only items that are 100% confirmed to never come back are the Founder's items. (and even then, I think that's unfair, since we've got more MR xp than anyone else... Once Focus gets implemented... Those Founders who are still playing will have an un-obtainable advantage over newer players.)

Focus isn't about MRXP your point is invalid, sorry.

If the original Braton Vandal was better than the Braton, then the current Braton Vandal should be better than the current Braton by a similar margin, and possibly a bit more as there are more powerful weapons. I don't think it should be on par with the Braton Prime, but perhaps making it a viable choice because of a higher ammo pool is possible.

Better than normal Braton

Why are you talking about balance!? For now we have weapons like Brakk, Boltor Prime, Synoid Gammacor and Soma. Also why DE would make Braton Vandal God tier weapon? Lets make Skana Prime a Skana skin. I think this would upset lot of Founders. Or lets make Ember a Excalibur Skin, because why not... I bought a weapon, not a skin.

You don't have this weapon, fine, but don't change my weapon into a skin just because you want it.

Also, do you think playing 2 years for a skin that most people dont even recognize is worth it?

And what would you do with Snipetron Vandal and Lato Vandal? Snipetron don't even exist anymore, and Lato is worse than Lato Vandal. If you want to change exclusive weapon into skin then do it with every exclusive weapon, its impossible for Lato Vandal, Snipetron Vandal, Dual Vipers Wraith, Strun Wraith, Gorgon Wraith, Prova Vandal, Machete Wraith, Skana Prime, Lato Prime and Dex Furis. I missed something?

Firstly: I don't want your skin. That's not why I'm suggesting it. It'd still be exclusive if it was made into a skin, anyway.

Secondly: No one will appreciate your Vandal regardless. If they see you using it in T4s, they'll probably ask you to leave because your gun won't be effective for very long. If it was a skin that you can stick on your Braton Prime, they'd probably let you stay and be able to see it.

Thirdly (that ain't even a word!): I'm talking about balance because there's already S#&$ out there that is insanely unbalanced as is as you pointed out! There are several things that are unbalanced, actually. By buffing the Vandal, they might accidentally tip the scales and F*** it up, making it OP. While on the other hand, making it a skin would solve that issue permanately. You'd never have a chance of running into issues to begin with by making it a skin. Snub the potential problem out before it was even born, if you will.

And lastly: The entire point was not to make only your precious Braton Vandal into a skin, but all of the exclusive weapons that'll never be coming back into skins. So yes, all those event weapons you listed and probbaly more.

And before you give me another post where it seems like you don't get what I'm saying at all, let me regurgitate my last posts a bit more in bold:

I don't care if I don't have it. I don't really want the skin because I don't think it looksbetter than the Braton Prime. My point is that it (and all exclusive weapons) might serve as a possible point of entry for more imbalance in a game that is already iffy about balancing (at times). My idea is that if we make them skins, we would never have to worry about the exclusive items being obsolete (as the Vandal is now) or them rendering other weapons obsolete (as it might be in the future, should they overbuff it). By doing this, you'd be able to use your skin on the top-end version of that gun (Braton Prime, Latron Prime, etc, etc) and still show off your Warframe street cred, all the while maintaining the balance economy (which is already a problem atm) of the game (for the future).

Oh and your Ember comment holds no merrit other than you blatantly trying to insult my logic. To which it seems to have backfired, thus insulting your own intelligence. |:

Edited by ThorsonWong

Ember and Excalibur are different Frames. Braton Vandal and Braton Prime are different weapons. If DE will make Braton Vandal OP then you can take your pitchfork, for now you are talking about balancing weapon that is balanced :|

Sorry, but until it's either turned into a skin, or made available to ALL players again, the Braton Vandal should NOT get a buff. Just be happy that those of you that have it have more MR xp than anyone else will be able to get. <_<

And also, DEvs have NEVER said the Lato and Braton Vandals are exclusive and will not be made available again in the future. The only items that are 100% confirmed to never come back are the Founder's items.

Srsly? You are Founder you should know how exclusives work, Brandal is already buffed (I was asking for buff when Braton Prime got buffed but Brandal not) its almost that good as Braton Prime. I guess you don't want Skana Prime or Lato Prime be turned into skins just because someone may make both of them OP

And yes Rebecca said that Braton and Lato Vandal are CB exclusive here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/ (back then Braton and Lato was the only Vandal weapons)

Edited by markus230

So, my verdict is no. While I like these vanity items, I don't like the fact that people are complaining about one item that everyone can get has gotten buffed while the item that can't ever be obtained anymore isn't.

DE, please convert Vandals into skins so they can eat humble pie.

Edited by matrixEXO

What you are asking for is about the same as asking for a Lato Prime or Skana Prime buff. Remember that they aren't available to the public anymore and thus should be a better tier weapon against the base. And only the base. If this were to pass through, then DE would have to buff Lato Prime and Skana Prime. Why? Because QQ threads.

Where did I asked about Skana and Lato Prime buff? Any way, I don't have a problem with Skana and Lato Prime being usefull. Lato Prime, Skana Prime, Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal are exclusive weapons and all of those should be useful, and shouldn't be changed into skins just because someone may buff these weapons