Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Got Buff, What About Vandal?

markus230

Threads like this are why Scott takes so god damn long to buff guns. Cause then people just want more more more. When you make these threads, not only do you ensure it will take for-@(*()$-ever to get your weapon buffed, but you also make it so he crawls back in his hidey hole and doesnt balance for another 6 weeks.

Give it identical stats to Braton Prime, that way whiners wont complain about it. And if they do, just say "it is pretty much just a skin for Braton Prime." (Skana Prime could get the same treatment (make like Dakra))

Thats what im talking about, also Lato Vandal/Prime should be comparable to Lex Prime, same DPS but higher fire rate and less dmg per shot

Threads like this are why Scott takes so god damn long to buff guns. Cause then people just want more more more. When you make these threads, not only do you ensure it will take for-@(*()$-ever to get your weapon buffed, but you also make it so he crawls back in his hidey hole and doesnt balance for another 6 weeks.

I dont think thats entirely true.  They dont buff old guns because they're old and the forum feedback that seems to actually reach the devs is centered around NEW things. 

Braton P was constantly requested for reevaluation for well over 6 months (wanna say close to a year), but the dev team admitted that the problem had come to their attention only recently (a few weeks ago) when asked directly about a lack of official response after all that time.

I believe its a breakdown in communication between the forum userbase and the devs when it comes to feedback on old items.

Thats what im talking about, also Lato Vandal/Prime should be comparable to Lex Prime, same DPS but higher fire rate and less dmg per shot

This I don't understand. Why? They're completely two different lines of weapons that serve different roles. The Lato line are more related to Vastos and Magnus lines, semi auto general use pistols.

Lex and Lex Prime are more in the class of Marelok and Seer, semi-auto sniper hand cannon.  

This I don't understand. Why?

Because of balance. DPS of Prime weapons should be in my opinion should be comparable. One weapon shooting faster but dealing less dmg, another one shooting slower but dealing more dmg. Lex Prime can kill Heavy Unit with one shot, but when you are standing in front of crowd then you need something faster, even if it deals less dmg

Edited by markus230

Except there is no exclusive weapons apart from the Founders, i was sure Brak and Detron had proven that already

Braton and Lato Vandal are exclusive.

"It was confirmed by DERebecca that the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal weapons will remain exclusive and not available in the future."

From Wiki page

Detron and Brakk are completly stand alone weapons, unlike Wraiths, Dex and Vandals

while Lato Prime o indeed need a buff, i am not sure equaling Prime to Vandal is accurate at all

Lato Vandal have 1 dmg less than Prime just like Braton Vandal and Braton Prime untill the Braton Prime buff. It is accurate, Braton Vandal was almost that good as Prime, now Braton Prime got buff, and Braton Vandal is much worse, thats just doesn't make sense and that's just unfair to CB players

Edited by markus230

"It was confirmed by DERebecca that the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal weapons will remain exclusive and not available in the future."

From Wiki page

how funny you cut the quote to fit your needs.  The full quote is :

It was confirmed by DERebecca that the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal weapons will remain exclusive and not available in the future.[1] However, since the confirmation post, various new Vandal weapons have been introduced as rewards from events, opening the possibility of their return as future event rewards.

not to mention on their original source link

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/

never said not available in the future.

alse that was Before the Prova Vandal was relaunched in another event.

btw. i mentioned Brak and Detron because they both were significantly powerful event exclusives, their reintroduction brought a flame war and led to the declaration that anything outside of founders pack can and most likely will be coming back was.

Lato Vandal have 1 dmg less than Prime just like Braton Vandal and Braton Prime untill the Braton Prime buff. It is accurate, Braton Vandal was almost that good as Prime, now Braton Prime got buff, and Braton Vandal is much worse, thats just doesn't make sense and that's just unfair to CB players

their original stats don't change the fact that prime are meant to be more powerful than any of the variants.

It was confirmed by DERebecca that the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal weapons will remain exclusive and not available in the future.[1] However, since the confirmation post, various new Vandal weapons have been introduced as rewards from events, opening the possibility of their return as future event rewards.

Yes indeed, NEW Vandal wepons, not the Braton or Lato, Rebecca stated this before any other Vandals were introduced, she referd only to Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal.

their original stats don't change the fact that prime are meant to be more powerful than any of the variants.

And they are more powerful, but that doesn't mean that oher versions should suck. Also, Latron Wraith is more powerful than Latron Prime so this point is invaild

You don't want Braton Vandal to be useful because you dont have it? Don't you think this is a bit selfish?

Edited by markus230

how funny you cut the quote to fit your needs.  The full quote is :

not to mention on their original source link

never said not available in the future.

alse that was Before the Prova Vandal was relaunched in another event.

btw. i mentioned Brak and Detron because they both were significantly powerful event exclusives, their reintroduction brought a flame war and led to the declaration that anything outside of founders pack can and most likely will be coming back was.

The Vandals/Wraiths that were already given out to players will never be made available again, period.

Brakk and Detron were never intended to be exclusive and thus aren't Wraith/Vandal. It was merely a fancier way of bringing them into the game.

Prova Vandal was in two events because no one received it from the first one since the Grineer won that battle.

You don't want Braton Vandal to be useful because you dont have it? Don't you think this is a bit selfish?

Dex Furis which i have has been confirmed to return at some point which is great for those who missed it.

YOU don't want other people to have Braton Vandal because you have it, how can you spell selfish without chocking?

i want to be able to get all weapons because the dump MR system imposed by the game requires that, i couldn't care less about its power.

and you still fail to see the point that Vandal is not a Prime and Primes are supposed to be the Pinnacle of their weapon Families.

YOU don't want other people to have Braton Vandal because you have it, how can you spell selfish without chocking?

Not only I have this weapon. I dont want every one have this weapon because I'm playing this game for 2 years, and in my opinion I deserve something to prove it. Its like giving Dragon Nikana to MR 1 players, they don't deserve it because they are not playing long enough

Also, Excalibur Prime is 'slightly' superior to the base prime. So changing it to a skin would not be an equivalent exchange. Again, Braton Vandal was equivalent to Braton Prime, thus there is no loss in performance by making it a skin.

how is excalibur prime slighty superior compared to normal excalibur? please explain

Not only I have this weapon. I dont want every one have this weapon because I'm playing this game for 2 years, and in my opinion I deserve something to prove it. Its like giving Dragon Nikana to MR 1 players, they don't deserve it because they are not playing long enough

Really? I've been a player longer then you and I missed events purely because of my health, that being my heart condition, and was not able to participate in &!$$ easy events to get those weapons, which a 5 year old could have completed by just clicking "join" and spinning the mouse in place until the mission was over. In fact:

"The Braton Vandal is a vandalized Braton, sold as a special edition in the Market between February 15, 2013 to February 19, 2013, in celebration of Open Beta"

You logged in and bought it. Wow. Proud moment. All that work to get a gun. I missed out because I was unable to get to a PC. Sucks to be me, hey? Lucky I have a Lato Vandal then.

Should it get a buff? I don't know, maybe. Do you deserve a buff? HELL NO.

Edited by DSpite

Clearly states that they are exclusive there, doesn't it? As in exclusive to the people that participated in a certain event.

read letter by letter the whole thread all 15 pages, not a single place said they wont be coming back like we did get with the Founders package.

Just researched a bit and found that they said that they may indeed bring event weapons back at some point. (Devstream #22 about 36 min in). That was 10 months ago, though, and nothing happened on that end so far.

Before that, about every thread where people begged for the Vandal/Wraith weapons to be brought back were closed by mods with the statement that they'll never come back.

If they bring them back, though, it would be an incentive to make them actually useful weapons, not something that barely outperforms MK1-newbie-gear. Best example for a decent one would be the Latron Wraith. (Strun Wraith is also well comparable to other shotguns, but shotguns overall perform quite poorly, just like snipers)

Searching my being for sympathy for a bunch of folks who finally made the game they originally wanted to (and a pretty successful one at that)... having trouble finding it. If it's really that odious a task, surely he could get some back-up? I mean, balance is a pretty important part of this game, surely the dev team could devote some more resources to it?

If balance had been kept in mind at the beginning, we wouldn't be in this mess, now would we?