The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Syndicate Weapons Cheapens The Whole Deal...

Hypernaut1

I just doesn't feel right when i go to the chat channel and see a bunch of people selling and trading syndicate weapons. It feels like people are already buying them in bulk to make plat. Kind of takes away from the exclusive feel of choosing a syndicate. Hopefully in the future they can add something that truly makes choosing a syndicate feel unique and exclusive.

I'm glad that you can trade syndicate weapons, despite choosing rival syndicates i'd love to own a V. Marelock. But anyone who hasn't even touched a syndicate rank can get those 6 weapon if they have enough cash. That to me is what cheapens it, especially considering weapons like the brakk,detron and stalker weapons aren't tradable.

Edited by cozzi21

I just doesn't feel right when i go to the chat channel and see a bunch of people selling and trading syndicate weapons. It feels like people are already buying them in bulk to make plat. Kind of takes away from the exclusive feel of choosing a syndicate. Hopefully in the future they can add something that truly makes choosing a syndicate feel unique and exclusive.

This. They shouldnt be tradable, they should be exclusive. Unfortunately them being tradable sort of fuels plat purchases so revert is not happening.

Sad story, theyre not even MR restricted, any scrub can run around with the most powerful secondary nowadays. Next thing you know I get pugs on my missions trying to chug through 20 waves of T1 and getting downed every 3 seconds when they previously claim how good they are and how easily they just did 50 waves.

fml

edit:

no, F***, you know what, DE, revert this stupid change.

Why do you even have MR rep gain scaling if anyone can get the weapons via trading?

Edited by Qynchou

The reason they are tradable is because codex/mastery completionists would be stunted by choosing the wrong Syndicate - or forced to undo and the redo all their hard work into syndicates on top of paying a hefty fee to the associated syndicate. People buying and selling their syndicate weapons doesn't effect you personally, so why complain?

A possible idea that would fix the more cash = more access problem with Syndicate stuffs, and the would still allow for the trading could be working some kind of requirement that you are only able to trade a syndicate weapon for another syndicate weapon (nothing else in the deal).

This is also a great idea. This would mean that only players who have already maxed out a syndicate have potential access to other syndicate weapons.

I'm happy for the trading, as one of those annoying completionists, but I think you should have to at least participate in the syndicates to have access to the trading. As simple as having just one syndicate up to the same level as the item you want to obtain via trades. If you want that weapon augment, you should have to be tier 4 or whatever it is in your chosen syndicate.

There should be a MR requirement and/or syndicate rank to trade syndicate weapons.  And, there should be some sort of con using a weapon from a different syndicate when you're not a part of that syndicate.  The two ideas I have is reducing syndicate XP collected for your current syndicate to the syndicate power of the gun being drastically weakened.

I'm a collector, so I will trade for these weapons eventually.  And people trading these for plat I really don't see an issue with it, it must help out DE.

Pretty sure that on one of the devstreams before syndicates were release, the Devs did mention that the syndicates would also get people to engage in trades, besides giving them some of the "exclusive" feel. Trading is, in a way, engaging with a different player.

Also, getting everything on max rank for mastery already takes long enough, making the weapons "exclusive" only makes it ridiculously hard, when people already complain about grinding.

Honestly, what people do with weapons that they spent time grinding points for and their plat is up to them, it's not a shop/crafted weapon, it's more of a freebie for playing (despite that reputation still isn't acquired for playing, but for killing or leeching). And this isn't really compared to weapons from the stalker or G3, since those just randomly appear and drop them, while syndicates ask for sacrifices, some of them rather high sacrifices, and some of the highest sacrifices are actually asked TWICE if you get negative rep, this is just punishing people way too much to simply get 2~3 weapons of opposed syndicates.

Now, a MR limit on them? Sure, why not, a few other things could also use a MR limit.

Sometimes I find annoying when I'm using things like Vulkar and Burston Prime with the new mods, which I consider rather good with their syndicate mods and for me they are fun to use, and some low rank lectures me that Boltor Prime is better. I know, despite only being MR15, I used Boltor Prime for while, and still use it when I see fit, but I still enjoy my Latron P, Paris P, Burston P, Vectis, Vulkar, Opticor, etc more than that (for refference, 2 of my first favourite weapons in the game since I was a low rank were Cernos, basically, bows in general, and the Latron, I like to have control over my weapon, which I feel like I lose some on full automatic).

I can't wait for someone to lecture me about how Vaykor is better than my Marelok (I got Vaykor today), when I will probably still use my good old Marelok to non corpus and maybe corrupted missions, simply because I see it's stats more fit for VS Grineer and Infested than the Vaykor. Even though I have Gammacor which I enjoy, but I find that better on corpus ship tile sets, which are rather tight, rather than the more open or with longer section maps

Syndicate rank limit? I also don't see why not, at least it incentives people to engage syndicates more than shelling out plat (which for me is fine too, I did sell one of my Gammacor after all).

But see the good side of it, you can't trade the weapons with potato, forma and fully leveled, like how some people try to do so, only to get blocked out of the trade.

Edited by Sorrow0110

The reason they are tradable is because codex/mastery completionists would be stunted by choosing the wrong Syndicate - or forced to undo and the redo all their hard work into syndicates on top of paying a hefty fee to the associated syndicate. People buying and selling their syndicate weapons doesn't effect you personally, so why complain?

It does affect me personally. It makes my choice feel less significant because i can simply trade for whatever weapon.

I loose that sense of choice. Its not about what other people do. Yes, i can and probably will restrict myself from buying other weapons, it doesn't change the fact that my decision doesn't feel like my of a touch choice.

I know that if they werent tradeable people would be having breakdowns though, so i understand why they did it.

It does affect me personally. It makes my choice feel less significant because i can simply trade for whatever weapon.

I loose that sense of choice. Its not about what other people do. Yes, i can and probably will restrict myself from buying other weapons, it doesn't change the fact that my decision doesn't feel like my of a touch choice.

I know that if they werent tradeable people would be having breakdowns though, so i understand why they did it.

So you're admitting that the only thing it effects is your feelings. If you really feel that your choice has lost all significance, then simply refrain from making the effort and buy the weapons instead. Or don't - it makes no difference either way. Removing the option to trade the weapons - something that would actually have a detrimental effect on people's ability to raise their mastery ranks and fill out their codex's because "I don't feel as accomplished when they just bought what I worked for," is ridiculous. Simply abstain; as vocal as the buyers and sellers in trade chat are they are a VAST minority of the Warframe community. Most players will in fact work for their syndicate items. Even the items being sold and bought were worked for by somebody. 

Keep in mind that if they were to stay untradeable, the syndicate weapons are going to be very unbalanced. Who would want the Red Veil's weapon when Steel Meridian's is one of the most powerful weapons in the game? This would lead to new players (and most likely players who are in the process of ranking up through syndicates) flood Steel Meridian to gain that extremely powerful weapon. They would also have no intention of switching to another syndicate since syndicate mods overlap/are tradeable.

Besides, sigils are meant to be the thing to represent you and your syndicate choice. Perhaps if you really think it should feel more rewarding for honouring your faction, there could be a small bonus for using the weapon with an equipped sigil of the same syndicate?

Keep in mind that if they were to stay untradeable, the syndicate weapons are going to be very unbalanced. Who would want the Red Veil's weapon when Steel Meridian's is one of the most powerful weapons in the game? This would lead to new players (and most likely players who are in the process of ranking up through syndicates) flood Steel Meridian to gain that extremely powerful weapon. They would also have no intention of switching to another syndicate since syndicate mods overlap/are tradeable.

Besides, sigils are meant to be the thing to represent you and your syndicate choice. Perhaps if you really think it should feel more rewarding for honouring your faction, there could be a small bonus for using the weapon with an equipped sigil of the same syndicate?

Yeah so make it that you can trade unranked syndicate weapons only for other unranked syndicate weapons.

If I had known at the very first beginning I would have chosen another syndicate, so it wasn't a very informative decision back then. If I were to know that there's going to be a Vaykor Marelok I would've chosen Steel Meridian. It was not a real choice because we were all blind about syndicate.

It's a good thing that syndicate stuff is tradeable, I can trade (barter) my syndicate stuff with other players. Besides buying with plats keeps the Warframe economy going. It is good, people with no time can buy, and people with no real money can grind to earn plat.

Yeah. It'd feel more unique if it was locked to a certain reputation level with the syndicates. You could trade for it and get to that required level and get the MR, but if you let that MR slide then the syndicates shut it off and make it unusable. If everyone can get everything from trades then it kind of defeats the purpose of choosing an alliance for those rewards. I'm fairly certain they will have things in the future that will take that into account but it seems like they should've done that from the start.

This. They shouldnt be tradable, they should be exclusive. Unfortunately them being tradable sort of fuels plat purchases so revert is not happening.

Sad story, theyre not even MR restricted, any scrub can run around with the most powerful secondary nowadays. Next thing you know I get pugs on my missions trying to chug through 20 waves of T1 and getting downed every 3 seconds when they previously claim how good they are and how easily they just did 50 waves.

fml

edit:

no, F***, you know what, DE, revert this stupid change.

Why do you even have MR rep gain scaling if anyone can get the weapons via trading?

Impulse buyers. There are people out there that literally buy themselves to endgame just so the can be "like all dem cool kids" only for them to quit the game claiming theres no content. It makes DE money and helps us who actually play the game make free plat(via prime trading) as well as support new content in development. My only beef with the whole system is that none of the prime or syndacite stuff is MR locked. Sure someone can buy themselves to endgame, but some of the best weps are behind a "in reality" non existent grindwall anyone with a few bucks can get.

At least cap the stuff at rank 6 or something so people actually learn to play the game.

That's...actually awesome. For example if I use Veykor Marelok with the Champion Sigil from Meridian I get extra effects on it, and that should be the same for every syndicate...that's AWESOME :D

I like i can trade my syndicate weapon for other syndicate weapons.

if it wasn't possible all people would play the FOTM syncate. Please no.

Add MR requirements, that's needed for all primes also and it was long time asked.

TL;DR

Remove pay to win, but keep customization possibilities

Edited by perfectStranger

I'm glad that you can trade syndicate weapons, despite choosing rival syndicates i'd love you your V. Marelock. But anyone who hasn't even touched a syndicate rank can get those 7 weapon if they have enough cash. That to me is what cheapens it, especially considering weapons like the brakk,detron and stalker weapons aren't tradable.