Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Capes For Sigils

Noh-Varr

I'd just like to get the hood from the Steel meridian leader. Plz.

To better illustrate what I mean :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355013-further-syndicates-customization-please/?view=findpost&p=3950263

Also, it might be possible...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/173938-marysan/

OEVok2w.jpg

ujddOS0.jpg

Featured in Prime Time 44.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind this. Shoulder capes or ponchos, no.. would look weird. Sith capes, look pretty neat if done well and fit each frame unlike the syandanas which don't fit each frame correctly. But yes, something that would show a sigil properly would be nice.

Great... now I need to start watching Prime Time for stuff like this too... o-o And here I thought only the devstreams talked about new content...

They often pick really interesting fan concepts, but Devstreams are still the place where action is.

I didn't miss any devstream from the beginning, but I check prime times from time to time, in case they do a special playthrough & show other stuff...

Typhus got also featured. :)

Edit : Wops,ninja'd by Rexlars.

Edited by unknow99

Let's see:

Capes are not only really tasteless, but they also are very impractical. Why?

Because if you were to fight with it on, the cape would be flung always over your face and just block your sight. There's is also the risk of an enemy pulling on the cape and tripping you over, leaving you extremely vulnerable to attacks. Capes can get snagged very easily onto any kind of sharp object. They also make a "swooshing" noise if you ever move fast.

How about this he´s wearing?:

yasuo_poster_header.jpg?itok=IC5POyxB

You prob know this fine gentleman. I was kinda referring more to this than a full cape before.

Edited by DragonBane

They often pick really interesting fan concepts, but Devstreams are still the place where action is.

I didn't miss any devstream from the beginning, but I check prime times from time to time, in case they do a special playthrough & show other stuff...

Typhus got also featured. :)

Edit : Wops,ninja'd by Rexlars.

Wait, they featured Typhus on Prime Time? What episode?!

You mean *Cloaks

Right?

Star wars has my back on this.

Read the series, so many cloaks and capes and hype about hiding who you are. We're ninjas. Let us do our Ninja things... in space.

What does Star Wars have to do with Warframe? And what does it have to do with ninja?

How about we say cloaks instead of capes. Capes are for prissy royalty and are just for show. Cloaks on the other hand have been used all throughout history for a multitude of things. From the obvious of using them to keep warm and keep dry and what not there are even certain melee based fighting styles where cloaks are actually used. The can be woven around your arm which will stop a fair amount of force and can be used as a distraction by throwing it in peoples faces or even for disarming people. Multiple cultures wore them into battle so obviously they weren't too much of a hindrance. I'm not taking about long flowing massive capes i'm talking about practical cloaks that went to around knee length. I see no issue what so ever of having them as long as they fix or reduce the clipping.

Let's see:

"Keep warm and keep dry" -How is this useful for us? We wear full body battle armor that already regulates our temperatures to some extent.

"certain melee based fighting styles" -How is this useful for us? Our opponents use lasers, bullets, and whateveryouwanttocallinfestedappendages.

"Can be woven around your arm which will stop a fair amount of force" -How is this going to help against bullets capable of damaging our battle armor?

"can be used as a distraction by throwing it in peoples faces" -Not only does this also work against us (it flying in our faces) it also does very little for us as we are usually fighting crowds of enemies who are mostly wielding guns.

"Multiple cultures wore them into battle" -How many of these cultures were fighting against enemies armed with guns? How many cultures still wear cloaks in battle for anything more than the first reason?

"I'm talking about practical cloaks" -That's the problem. Cloaks just do not have a practical purpose for characters with our attributes in the combat situations that we are thrust into.

You prob know this fine gentleman. I was kinda referring more to this than a full cape before.

What purpose does that bib serve other than keeping him clean while he eats?

yasuo_poster_header.jpg?itok=IC5POyxB

That one really just makes no sense. Why would he have that just for style and fliar when a sword could easily pierce through his face.

Also, still wouldn't work with the frames. Considering how a lot of them have their heads with a long bit at the frontal side, so clipping and overall ugliness would be a major issue

I'd just like to get the hood from the Steel meridian leader. Plz.

To better illustrate what I mean :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355013-further-syndicates-customization-please/?view=findpost&p=3950263

Also, it might be possible...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/173938-marysan/

OEVok2w.jpg

ujddOS0.jpg

Featured in Prime Time 44.

this de pls

You guys question how useful capes, cloaks, or whatever are useful in battle, but how are nearly any other cosmetic in-game useful? Literally none of them benefit us any more than are Frames that we wear. 

It's not about practicality. That's a dumb argument. It's literally ONLY about aesthetics i.e. how something looks. Arguing about how it would effect us in a fight (especially in a video game) is pointless when cosmetic items have no effect on how well we kill something. 

1) Impossible without cloth physics first

What do you think Syandanas have? We already have cloth physics. Even if they aren't cloth physics, with the engine, getting cloth physics could be easily possible.

2) Doesn't really fit the "Space Era". Even the most DE's "unninja" stuff looks unearthly. So unless it's designed to fit with the rest, I'd say no.

Lex looks like a copy of the M1911. Lato looks like a pistol PP19. Half our melee weapons look like Earth things. Why can't we have capes?

You guys question how useful capes, cloaks, or whatever are useful in battle, but how are nearly any other cosmetic in-game useful? Literally none of them benefit us any more than are Frames that we wear. 

It's not about practicality. That's a dumb argument. It's literally ONLY about aesthetics i.e. how something looks. Arguing about how it would effect us in a fight (especially in a video game) is pointless when cosmetic items have no effect on how well we kill something. 

To be fair - I'm fairly certain that when most people have said "useful" they actually meant "logical." Do with that what you will - just an observation. 

And as far as aesthetics go, it is a little more deep than that. For example, a cape in the heat of your average Warframe combat scenario gameplay-wise might be very impractical for you as the player without the proper coding safeguards - such as the big, flowy cape blocking your 3rd person perspective of what's going on in front of you.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

1) Impossible without cloth physics first

What do you think Syandanas have? We already have cloth physics. Even if they aren't cloth physics, with the engine, getting cloth physics could be easily possible.

2) Doesn't really fit the "Space Era". Even the most DE's "unninja" stuff looks unearthly. So unless it's designed to fit with the rest, I'd say no.

Lex looks like a copy of the M1911. Lato looks like a pistol PP19. Half our melee weapons look like Earth things. Why can't we have capes?

Have you failed to notice how often our scarves bug out? Applying that to a cape is going to be buggy.

Capes are stupid, impractical, and serve no purpose that Tenno would need beyond being appealing to some players' eyes.

serve no purpose that Tenno would need

If tenno were travelling in civilian areas, a cloak would be very practical. We don't know if they can take the warframes off, and even if they can they're probably still somewhat noticeable. A cloak would obscure a warframe, to avoid spooking civilians or attracting the attention of enemies.

We don't have any civilian areas though, so yeah, they are somewhat pointless. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have you failed to notice how often our scarves bug out? Applying that to a cape is going to be buggy.

Capes are stupid, impractical, and serve no purpose that Tenno would need beyond being appealing to some players' eyes.

Ssyandana are stupid, impractical, and serve no purpose that Tenno would need beyond being appealing to some players' eyes. 

The animating problems this would cause are simply insane and would make things look even sillier than Syandanas can do atm. It's not a BAD idea, but it's got not enough merit.

Considering that some Warframes, like Frost and Trinity, don't even have cloth physics yet, I would not expect anything too amazing.

Considering that some Warframes, like Frost and Trinity, don't even have cloth physics yet, I would not expect anything too amazing.

And yet when we look where Cloth physics HAVE been applied we see how good they can be. While I'm sure there would be coding that could keep it from going TOO weird, I can't help but thing of all those times Oberon's tabard went a little nuts - and then all I can see is after doing a backflip the cape being over their face.

Not to mention capes, by their nature, conceal, while Syandanas allow us to see the frame we're wearing virtually unobstructed - I prefer that, it makes immediate identification of allies' frames (and therefore abilities for the battle) all the quicker and easier.