Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Needs A Nerf..

Jahakarr

I don't understand the point of nerfing things in a PvE game. All I want is them to buff up the other syndicate weapons. Let's talk about that instead.

The point is that we, or at least i. Want to use something else than a lame baby beam and still feel like i can do just as well. 

OP needs to chill on the condescension and name calling, but does have a point about a secondary beam weapon with a base damage of 115 and energy restore being a bit ridiculous.

EDIT: I hadn't considered that it deals innate magnetic damage, which sucks against everything that isn't a shield, so not all that dps is actually going through.

Edited by MrPie5

You understand that Cephalon Suda supporters need to sacrifice an Orokin Catalyst, a Glaive Prime Blade and Frost Prime Helmet to get access to the Synoid Gammacor ?

The others have to sacrifice expensive things as well, and they only get weapons that are half as good, or worse. Which isn't even the part i'm having problems with. 

The issue here imo is that a pistol is stronger than 95% of the weapons in the game.

Edited by Jahakarr

I can't see your point, in every game there's a point when a certain weapon is considered "OP", the boltor prime, brakk, marelok...etc have had this thorn for a lot of time, and please don't say that they're balanced, cos they're not, I can't see why you didn't ask to nerf those instead, the scindo p is like the most OP melee (I know, it's a pain getting it's parts....I had it), yes, I do think that a lot of damage plus ammo and magazine and a lot of status is OP.........but complaining about OP weapons is a dead thing, ever since these weapons have appeared, it's no use mate 

its no about grind time or cost, its about having some balance between top tier weapons and the bottom tier.

If they keep releasing stronger weapons then whats the poing in having variety, if a half modded boltor prime can handle with ease any content in the game with the exception of endless missions.

The question is, where is the upper limit on DPS for future and current weapons? boltor prime level? synoid level? or lower?

its no about grind time or cost, its about having some balance between top tier weapons and the bottom tier.

If they keep releasing stronger weapons then whats the poing in having variety, if a half modded boltor prime can handle with ease any content in the game with the exception of endless missions.

The question is, where is the upper limit on DPS for future and current weapons? boltor prime level? synoid level? or lower?

The problem is that if a new gun isn't better its trash and never used,* if it is better its OP.

*Note: Saying "But I use the..." is not a counter example to the million boltor primes that are used in every game.

Edited by immolator1001

I don't understand the point of nerfing things in a PvE game. All I want is them to buff up the other syndicate weapons. Let's talk about that instead.

Sure that would be fine with me, as long as they buff all the primaries as well of course, considering the FACT that SG Outdamage almost all of them. 10k more sustained damage than a boltor P, if this is anyones idea of balance, then they need to get their heads looked at by a professional.

I can't see your point, in every game there's a point when a certain weapon is considered "OP", the boltor prime, brakk, marelok...etc have had this thorn for a lot of time, and please don't say that they're balanced, cos they're not, I can't see why you didn't ask to nerf those instead, the scindo p is like the most OP melee (I know, it's a pain getting it's parts....I had it), yes, I do think that a lot of damage plus ammo and magazine and a lot of status is OP.........but complaining about OP weapons is a dead thing, ever since these weapons have appeared, it's no use mate 

Well if Boltor and Marelok were OP, then that makes SG SSJ4 Goku Tier, considering that it does double the damage of a vaykor marelok, which is the improved version by the way. And the scindo has a pretty huge trade of, it doesn't copter very well, it's slow and extremely boring to use. 

Well if Boltor and Marelok were OP, then that makes SG SSJ4 Goku Tier, considering that it does double the damage of a vaykor marelok, which is the improved version by the way. And the scindo has a pretty huge trade of, it doesn't copter very well, it's slow and extremely boring to use. 

well, it has 20 crit chance so it's berserker valid, the copter isn't important that much, what I really mean is that there were OP weapons before the SG, and nothing has happened to them, so why would anything happen to the SG, overpowering the previous OP weapons isn't the thing in here 

Yeeah you know it's stupid when a PISTOL outdamages EVERY SINGLE weapon in the (a) game. 

And Magnetic damage is the best damage that exists in game right?

Take it to any Grineer/Corrupted long run and see that it'll perform just okay.

Yes it has a massive Sustained DPS, yet retract Magnetic (~25% of overall damage depending on the build) from final damage because it can barely do anything to Bobmards, Napalms, Heavy Gunners and you'll get acceptable DPS that most top secondaries have now.

So basically it's a perfect Corpus killer and 'okay' killer for anything else.

Though mag / total ammo / firerate combo goes over the top for sure, so if i would be able to touch SGammacor, i would definitely review these stats.

Possibly dumbest post i've seen today. 

Dragon Nikana isn't remotely OP, ichors are fine.. Rhino p Iron skin is balanced or slightly underpowered, see how much it helps after wave 30. 

Brakk is a pain in the behind to acquire and it's short range with bad accuracy.

SG DOES outdamage Boltor P, it also had PINPOINT Accuracy, oh and all of this while giving you energy every time it procs, which it does all day by the way. 

I was being sarcastic. i have all the weapons i mentioned.

SG has its drawbacks (range and magnetic dmg) and not to mention, its not easy to acquire too. depending on which mastery you are - it will take you few days to get it.

my SG doesn't outdmg boltor p, brakk. it all depends on the build you are going for, i guess. i still consider brakk to be my top secondary. SG s a strong contender but doesn't beat brakk. rather than asking for nerf to SG, i would prefer if DE buff's red veils weapon. it deserves a buff

The others have to sacrifice expensive things as well, and they only get weapons that are half as good, or worse. Which isn't even the part i'm having problems with. 

The issue here imo is that a pistol is stronger than 95% of the weapons in the game.

But it's not a pistol. It's a laser.

One of the arguments you keep pointing out is that the Gammacor is a secondary weapon, and thus should be "weaker" than primaries. This is false. A secondary weapon's classification in this game (and quite a few others actually) is that it's a smaller sized weapon than the primary ones. That does not mean they should be considered "weaker" than their bigger counterparts. Such a way of thinking ends up weakening both the player's creativity and the developer. I mean, take a look at revolvers or high caliber pistols in pretty much any game out there. They pack one hell of a punch, but they tend to be considered "secondary" weapons because - you guessed it - it's smaller than primary weapons like assault rifles and shotguns and so on.

Now, that said, I actually would not mind a small nerf while at the same time buffing some of the other syndicate weapons. Make them ALL viable and worth getting; not just one or two.

Well something we're forgetting here is that base magnetic. While it has huge DPSn and unlike most weapons it doesn't have to choose between as many effects it's going to proc ( Also an upside to the Boltor Prime). One of the things it's going to proc is always going to be magnetic, always. So you get a bad &#! weapon versus one faction, and a possible gimp of 25% or more to other factions. That will cut into your DPS undoubtedly and that's another thing a builder can't account for. These sustained DPS figures are all not accounting for the RNG factor and thus are all theorhetical numbers. Yet, we've had how long to watch the Boltor Prime Out perform every weapon? Synoid Gammacor is top tier but it's not the end all.

I do want a Brakk buff though. Not even a buff per say just Fall off damage to not be a thing. Seriously DE why is that a thing.

And now i suppose we should also talk about the other syndicate weapons. Why didn't they get 5x the damage of their normal versions? Because they're not new and shiny? 

So my conclusion in all of this is that i won't even have to wear a primary any more, why? It's now useless. 

And yes, i do know that a bunch of Cephalon kiddies are going to come here and tell me off, because they love their little baby beam of death and stupidity.

Other syndicate weapons have their own advantages. As mentioned by someone else, the Vaykor and Telos can revive you if they proc when you're down. I don't know the details on the new Castanas, but I've heard there is something about them people are considering "OP" as well (though I admit the new Ballistica is getting a lot of attention as needing a buff).

The Synoid uses MAGNETIC damage, arguably the most useless damage type in the entire game. The only thing (as far as I'm aware) that it gets a bonus to is shields, which ONLY the Corpus faction uses (unless you want to get into semantics and talk about the corrupted crewmen). That being said, I personally prefer using poison against corpus because why deal with shields faster when you can just plain go straight through them?

Being an elemental weapon, you cannot use physical damage mods (impact, puncture, slash) to boost the damage.

In most firefights, having limited range can be a killer. There is no cover mechanic in Warframe, you can't block unless you have your melee equipped, and any actual things you could attempt to use as cover are scarce and are not very effective once your enemies move and surround you. Not every Warframe has powers that would allow you to deal with this distance, which is where your PRIMARY that actually HAS range would come in. You could attempt to close the gap by equipping your melee and blocking, but that stamina is gonna drain fast so be snappy about it! :)

As for the syndicate Entropy proc, once again, it's magnetic. The actual elemental effect, leaving the damage aside for now, will only affect enemies with shields, which, once again would mean this is GREAT for corpus, but anywhere else kinda useless. As for the actual damage dealt, from what I've seen in videos this enough is not enough to kill most medium-high level enemies. I can't quite tell if there is a stun, but if it is IMO it's short. Also, once again this proc is based in a moderately small range, not making up for the weapon's lack of range.

The Synoid Gammacor is also a single target, continuous fire weapon. Continuous fire weapons have their own share of problems. When there is a swarm on you, try keeping calm and firing at that SINGLE target, kill it, and move onto the next. I have tried that... it didn't end well. Now try keeping it on that target while moving to avoid the multi-directional death around you. Possible, but difficult and not effective. Now this wouldn't be a problem if you could take "cover" at a decent range and pick off one at a time, but that 25m range kinda prevents that... As for the 5x damage over the original, if you look closely at the firerate, it's less than half that of the original, which for a continuous fire weapon means it's doing just over 2x the DPS in reality.

All in all here I'd say the Synoid Gammacor's sheer damage is counterbalanced by it's shortcomings quite nicely. I haven't personally used it yet so perhaps I'm incorrect about some things here and in actual game play it will feel overpowered despite it's shortcomings, because theoretical numbers are always going to look different in text than they do in practice, but I'll find out once I get up to that 100k rep that I'm working so hard for after finally getting to rank 5, spending millions of credits, tons of great resources, and prime parts to get to.

As for your final comment there, I might love the designs of Cephalon Suda and the Gammacor super laser death beam of awesome, but what I've posted here is my objective view of things, ignoring that love. I'm not here to make war, or tell you you're wrong, or say that I'm right, simply share my thoughts and another perspective on things.

Suda4Life,

-Stratego89

P.s. Sorry if my post is kinda unorganized and ramble-y. :s It's just how my mind works.

P.s.s. My perspective on things is "make EVERYTHING OP and the enemies even more so, things will work out on their own from scaling". As lazy as that sounds.

Edited by Stratego89

EDIT: I hadn't considered that it deals innate magnetic damage, which sucks against everything that isn't a shield, so not all that dps is actually going through.

that's exactly the problem. on paper, it seems crazy awesome. in practice, its only "pretty good". brakk still own SG (as if should since RNG farm is harder). the ability to revive is crazier than energy restore. so i see no issue with SG.

You really shouldn't write your posts in a format that makes you sound like a complete jerk (there's really not a nicer way of putting it sorry).. It diminishing you points, and people who would otherwise agree with you might just leave from the over all ragey vibe you're givin' off. And that last line? you're basically asking for arguments by provoking what's likely more then 1/3rd of the community.

Well you do have a point. But we both know that the last line right there, is 100% correct. The Cepha kiddies doesn't want it nerfed because .. well it's so obvious that im not even going to explain it. 

Also i figured none of the players would get offended by me questioning DE's mindset when they were buffing this to heaven and beyond. 

And it really doesn't give of a ragey vibe in my opinion. It's more of a sarcasmy vibe. And yes when these obvious Cephalon Followers come in threads such as mine and tries to shove a big issue under the rug simply because they were lucky this time, that will make me just a tad "ragey". 

Because you see the very same people cry when they aren't lucky. And they seem to think that i have a problem with the SG being the best syndicate weapon, personally i couldn't care less about syndicate weapons and secondaries in general, but when a pistol becomes 5x stronger than the original version and turns into the best weapon in the game? Well.. Then yes i will start crying about it. 

And to further my anger with this, they start spouting out the most illogical and honestly stupid comparisons i've seen in a long while. Someone brought up Dragon nikana.. 'Nuff said.

But i do thank you thought for your constructive critiscism, i do always appreciate that.

Everything is OP when you play at low level planet. That's not the place where you use GC.

Experienced players have been asking for ages to get stronger weapons as most of weaponry is just master fodder junk.

Truly strong weapons can be count in single digit numbers. From more than hundred weapons this game offers.

Finally something useful shows up and we get this whining. Kinda embarrassing.

Edit

If you are scared of long numbers this weapon can cause, Racta Ballistica will help you with that.

Edited by turbinea

Ok. First, Trinity does do that. Second, Revive is far greater than any energy you're essentially given immortality if you monitor the exp gain on your gun.

As for Brakk, the small clip and fall off damage gimp this gun pretty hard. I want fall off damage to not be a thing probably one of the biggest reason shotguns suck.

Synoid Gammcor however I don't feel is terribly OP as it demands the mod slot be taken to increase fire rate. If I did want them nerfed it would simply be because Brakk is no longer then pinnacle of sidearms while still being harder to obtain. Marelok didn't need a buff in any way.

I better get a Syndicate G3 for a Syndicate Brakk :|

Yes. Trinity does do that. But for how long? I mean.. Considering the fact that it seems as though DE is building up towards making her completely useless. And a trinity have to be close to you to do that. With SG all you have to do is kill, what? 5-10 mobs? Which with the SG is instantly..