Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working On A Saryn Cosplay! (Haitus)

Dagnie

I will be disappointed if you don't have a mohawk of fire on Ember Prime. :P

On a more serious note, how would I make a 2d pattern for Oberon like you did for Nova, Saryn, Ember and Mirage?

O, I plan to have the helmets for all cosplays I do lel. A lot of people, i noticed, got confused in the chat and thought the Saryn suit was just gonna be what they saw, but like... I plan to go all out and have every bit on all of these. Helmets and armor bits definitely included. c:

I'd look up shirt/tunic patterns and legging/pant patterns on google. You take those into photoshop, size them to your measurements, grab a S#&$load of reference pictures, and start drawing out your fabric pattern. c:

Honestly, I miiiiiight just 3D print Mirage's helmet. Only Mirage's because of how complex it is.

I know some people that can do it for relatively cheap. Like around $100 or so, which isn't at all bad for 3D printing.

Saryn's is much easier to craft myself, though.

#justplanningaheadforthefuture, no pun intended

Honestly, I miiiiiight just 3D print Mirage's helmet. Only Mirage's because of how complex it is.

I know some people that can do it for relatively cheap. Like around $100 or so, which isn't at all bad for 3D printing.

Saryn's is much easier to craft myself, though.

#justplanningaheadforthefuture, no pun intended

I saw a forum thread about someone who made a Metroid helmet out of 3D printed and assembled pieces. Excellent finish, minimal work (with bondo mainly).

Love your work here, excited to see how it all turns out! 

I'm pretty bored and don't have the place or materials right now to work on more of Saryn until I move.

So I did a quick unfold of Nyx. I'm working on a pattern for her suit right now as well. She's super quick, cheap, n easy to make. So I figure "Why not prep her cosplay stuff now"

m4jEulW.jpg

I'm pretty bored and don't have the place or materials right now to work on more of Saryn until I move.

So I did a quick unfold of Nyx. I'm working on a pattern for her suit right now as well. She's super quick, cheap, n easy to make. So I figure "Why not prep her cosplay stuff now"

m4jEulW.jpg

Watching these things make me feel so lazy...

blergh, excuse the lines. This is almost done though, if nobody minds pattern wips.

YcZMooI.jpg
It's not super exact since she's got a more complex suit than I expected, but. >n>;

Also, it has the tabi style toes on it.

Edited by Dagnie

Oh gosh thank you, but it isn't even nearly close to done! >//3//<

I still gotta make the thigh piece, finish/seal/paint the shoulders, make the belt piece, and make the entire helmet! Plus install a zipper in the suit and finish sewing the gloves together. c:

It'll be a few months until this bad boy is a finished product > u<

MONTHS? I was really looking forward to seeing you show it off at tennolive.... it looks so close to done!

</3 sob </3

MONTHS? I was really looking forward to seeing you show it off at tennolive.... it looks so close to done!

</3 sob </3

Yeah, months. ;u; the armor and details are the longest part, I'm afraid!

Like, I'm actually working on this for PAX Prime in August ;u;

Even then, I'm not 100% I'll have it done by then, which is why Nyx is gonna be like a backup since I know she can be done in time.

Where Mesa!!!!!

Also she's not in the game but you can cosplay Sharona.

Sharona looks like what I would probably look like if I were in warframe LOLLLL.

Would totally cosplay, tbh.

And Mesa comes when:

> I finish figuring out how to pattern her little vest thing

> I figure out what shape her head is supposed to be like wtf

For Banshee I already had the idea to put a (modified) Bolero jacket over a bodysuit. I guess Mesa could be done similarly.

Sharona looks like what I would probably look like if I were in warframe LOLLLL.

Pic/reference please? I only know Sharona from that song, and Google image search isn't helping with a name that common.

Edited by Bibliothekar

For Banshee I already had the idea to put a (modified) Bolero jacket over a bodysuit. I guess Mesa could be done similarly.

Pic/reference please? I only know Sharona from that song, and Google image search isn't helping with a name that common.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381810-warframe-concept-sharona-the-hyperdimensional-frame-update-13012015-fan-art/