Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cells, Argon,sensors; Shouldn't These Be More Common To Those Who Want To Earn Them?

Innocent_Flower

You play the game, you pick stuff up on the way and eventually realise "I got enough stuff to build that" 

Well, that's one way to do it. But come lategame It's going to be:

I need cells

I Need forma, which can be built from cells

I need argon

I need sensors. 

Today I Wanted argon. 40 waves of T3D.

1 argon. 

I've got a list of things to make

Forma for sacrifice

Catalyst for sacrifice

forma for glaxion, the entire mutalist series, synapse (2), djinn, Venka (does the redeemer need a forma too?) 
Cells and neural sensors for those formas. 
Ten cells for braton
Another for buston (should I?) 

(2x2+1) for bolto, magnus and vasto (10x2+1 for broncos)
Should I somehow aquire Scindo or hikou I'l need another 8/15 cells. Probably won't with that RNG.

Shouldn't there be some super hard mission somewhere with a good drop rate, for those who want vast quantities of these items because they've got primes to build or clantech to create. Even If it's one mission on the end of a planet nobody plays, with mandatory nightmare mode and The corrupted in an asteroid (Least developed combo ever) shouldn't we get something to make up for we need in the late game? Invasions got somewaht better with later planets offering double resources (should do something like that for 5 mission invasions and nomal resources) but there's nothing when it comes to cells, argon or sensors. 

There's no good way for a late game player to actively try to get the resources that they need for late-game prime/clan tech/silly syndicate sacrifices. You could kill Ruk over and over again: but he's unreliable and it isn't great for immersion. you could wait for another st.Patricks day... Best not. Not asking for a place where Cells become Control modules (probably wouldn't be a terrible level of rarity for argon) But something would be an improvement. 

Shouldn't there be some super hard mission somewhere with a good drop rate, for those who want vast quantities of these items because they've got primes to build or clantech to create. 

boss fights... lt krill and sargus got very high chance of dropping orokin cells

alad v for neural sensors...

dont really see your point... there allready is places u can farm them with high drop chance... they arent fun but they are there...

dont know about argon... heard that corruted vors should have a high drop chance...

and if you dont want to run bosses then go play some survival/defence/interception.... prefferably with a necros...

Edited by BoneBreakerx

Ceres for cells. A regular survival will usually let you walk away with 4-5, more on a DS mission provided there's no tax up. The drop rate for them is fine.

Alad V for Neural Sensors. This is the only one that's a problem, I don't know why those are so hard to find. Make them drop from other bosses or something.

For Argon, do T4 Interception. Vor can drop up to 3, and there are plenty of enemies around as well. The drop rate for these could be buffed a little, but overall it's very manageable. 

You should spend your time in the hunt more, but I also understand we all have things to do aside from playing game.

To be honest, from all resources you mentioned about, I see only one problem; neural sensor.

You can find Orokin Cell from Ceres or Saturn, or even void reward sometimes. You can also find Forma from void (some even get more of it than they think they'll need) as well as Argon, not to mention there're many kind of void missions you can find them.

But Jupiter is the only place where you can find Neural Sensor for real, there're also random drop in void/derelict sabotage cache, but it's way too random to rely on.

Then again, we still have new bloods asking where to farm for Morphic while we already have FIVE freaking planets that drop them, so I guess this kind of thread's kinda expected to be found.

Edited by Habataki

Ok comparison time:

Saturn survival for 30 min-4 orokin cells

T3 survival for 30 min-1 argon

plz buff argon drop rates, not only do they decay, but they are needed in quite a few recipes. Also, make argon buy-able in the market. That would save me time...

And please change the drops on bosses to actual good resources. Example: when I kill Sargus, he drops 1 detronite ample, or sometimes 20 plastids. Make bosses drop the actual good and rare resources that players want, not the cruddy and rarely used research resource that everyone has 500+ of.

Edited by Kungpaobeef

I look at that list, and I think;......how is that even possible?

What are you doing with your time that doesn't cover at least 1 of those?

Hunt grineer, and you can do so and get cells.  Run the void, and you're buried in Forma.  Camp the infested in the derelict, and you get cells.  Hunt Corpus, and you can run Jupiter and get Neurals.

40 waves of T3 Def and 1 argon ? You just have bad luck :/ or I may say that you don't spot every single drop which can significantly decrease your argon drop. Second thing, canisters and all destroyable stuff has actually higher resource drop rate than enemies, so survival is better. And ACs ARE a very rare one, to compare, I only have 2-3 of those (with equivalent wave number).

Also, Ext and not endless missions have better drop. T3 ext, most people around me get 1 almost every run while I'm more oftenly at 1 every two T3 ext (I have better drops when I'm with other people lol. Might actually influence).

And after all ACs are the most specific mat and usually not heaviliy needed (except Amprex, but that gun is monstruous so it kinda worth it)

But I must agree with Kung about boss drop. they need to only drop THE specificrare resource of the planet. And Habataki is right about NSs though I strangeley often find them in a specific Def mission I don't remember which one exactly.

Also OP, you should take more time, and do not rush things, you don't need to have everything right away. You got a whole day to get them ACs, even a litle bit more.

Its diferent for everyone. I tend to have a fair bit of argon, and I have quite a few cells laying around, along with neural sensors. Morphics is constantly a non-issue.

However, god forbid I have more than three neurodes at any given time. And all the bosses that drop them are key bosses. Like, all of them. Earth? Hek. Eris? Alad. Derilict? Golem Keys.

Getting the neurode for my daily forma is quite the struggle, not to mention when a weapon needing them comes out.

Cells > go to Kiste in ceres

sensors> kill Alad V with Ash/Mag/whatever

Argon> they need you to play the game to get it (to make them some time for new content, like Mesa grind), make use of T4 keys for Corrupted Vor, he would also drop orokin cells, BTW I get 5 in a T1D 30 waves run not long ago, hasa diga RNG

edit, Sensor is odd that it only drops in Jupiter, but deal with it at the moment

Edited by akira_him

DE makes all these great tilesets and people would play them way more if mats they needed dropped there.

Put Oxium and Neural Sensors as a common drop in one of the new tilesets and people will go there.

I'm sure DE dont like the fact that so much of the playerbase only hang out in voids all day.

It could be fixed so easily.

So so easily.

Going to Ceres for Survival is actually quite demanding. The enemies there start to deal massive amount of damage and it can easily screw you over. Even with a powerful Warframe they can just rip you apart so easily. Also the map layout sucks there.

So when I wanted to hunt Orokin Cells I bought the drop rate boost and double resources. Went to Cassini on Saturn. Rounds would vary a bit but I got 10 or so in a run to 30. I tried the boss but I just can't find a way to one shot the guy and he just takes time.

Otherwise they are just bloody rare and you need so many of them.

Argon Crystal have no value for me anymore. I've made all the stuff with it and when I do my 30 to 40 minute survival I tend to get at least one.

I farmed a bit of Neural sensors as well but the maps they are on are just annoying. Going locker cleaning mode though often yielded some results. This is with Master Thief.

I don't really see a problem with the drop frequency on rare materials. The question to me is: can you get this thing if you actually TRY to get it? And the answer is yes. Targeted farming works.  RNG is RNG, but playing 40 waves of defense with only 1 argon is ridiculously bad luck and not representative of the real chances.  Rare resources being rare makes you pick and choose what you are going to accomplish next and that is more interesting for players than staying in one single mission and have everything they need handed to them, or always having more crafting material they will ever need before they need it.  If the farming gets to be too much and you want more, faster, then that is where the market comes in.  "Pay to save time" is one half of the business model the game is built on.

There's no good way for a late game player to actively try to get the resources that they need for late-game prime/clan tech/silly syndicate sacrifices.

This is nonsense.  Make some friends. Advertise in recruiting. Tap your clan for manpower.  Play missions with high body counts and ask your team to mark rare resource drops.