Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Medallions Are Not Equal To Free Items At Level Up.

Skaleek

I had almost cashed in all my medallions, thankfully my brother reminded me to try one first, to check. I had assumed they were just straight rep gain with your specific faction, and I can see how that could cost others greatly, like xSapphire.

What you're talking about here feels like a different story compared to how I understood the OP. Perhaps I just missed his point?

Hopefully you guys get answers soon.

I listed the whole issues that came with the medallions being the worst choice for our compensation...

In the OP case, I'd like to remind you that the Freebie reward came without any detrimental effect. You could get a reward without needing to farm the Standing for it and to get negative standing for another Syndicate.

For many people, and I can agree with them, Syndicates are nothing much of a way to aquire the new mods, weapons and blueprints. They knew that there were consequences and thus carefully planned their moves. DE never stated that the Medallions had such a drawback, DE never explained in details, and in the end these people saw their compensation being prevented to be used least to see what they did so far being screwed for good.

You may argue that this is not the way to approach to Syndicates, but I'd argue that we don't know much about them and for some players there were too few lines of explanations to let them bond with these organizations.

Hope I had explained myself decently, kinda late, sleepy and somewhat disheartened at DE throwing mud at our direction even if I kinda expected it in the first place.

Edited by Branwyn

I listed the whole issues that came with the medallions being the worst choice for our compensation...

In the OP case, I'd like to remind you that the Freebie reward came without any detrimental effect. You could get a reward without needing to farm the Standing for it and to get negative standing for another Syndicate.

For many people, and I can agree with them, Syndicates are nothing much of a way to aquire the new mods, weapons and blueprints. They knew that there were consequences and thus carefully planned their moves. DE never stated that the Medallions had such a drawback, DE never explained in details, and in the end these people saw their compensation being prevented to be used least to see what they did so far being screwed for good.

You may argue that this is not the way to approach to Syndicates, but I'd argue that we don't know much about them and for some players there were too few lines of explanations to let them bond with these organizations.

Hope I had explained myself decently, kinda late, sleepy and somewhat disheartened at DE throwing mud at our direction even if I kinda expected it in the first place.

No. It's cool. Thank you for being honest and clear about whats up on your end. This kind of stuff lets me know which questions need asking.

I haven't been able to dump quite as much time as I'd like into grinding away at this. It is fair to say I'm relying quite a lot on posts like yours to get an idea of the current situation. Sorry if I seemed to be a bit dense in my response. There is a certain extent to which I'm playing catch-up.

No. It's cool. Thank you for being honest and clear about whats up on your end. This kind of stuff lets me know which questions need asking.

I haven't been able to dump quite as much time as I'd like into grinding away at this. It is fair to say I'm relying quite a lot on posts like yours to get an idea of the current situation. Sorry if I seemed to be a bit dense in my response. There is a certain extent to which I'm playing catch-up.

I think that, for normal rank-up purposes, Medallions are a very cool choice. It's the compensation that shows all of their side-effects...

Yeah, I don't see a reason for medallions to incur a reputation bonus/penalty for other syndicates.  They should be neutral gains that are exclusive to a single syndicate.  In this manner they can be redeemed without affecting anyone except the syndicate in question.  This would make them a true reward, and while losing the 50% gain for another syndicate could be viewed as harmful, the lack of a penalty towards other syndicates more than offsets this.  Additionally, this would make them balanced according to players that were able to claim free items when ranking up since those had no bonus/penalty associated with them either.  I'm certainly an outsider for this issue, but from my perspective it's apples vs. oranges and medallions are not even close to the same as free items.  Obviously, DE is dong their best to make syndicates work but this is just another misstep in the process.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Same problem here i got these medallions as compensation for leveling syndicates before rank up rewards but i cant use them because of the rep loss. witch means i got no real compensation and these things gonna gather dust in my inventory forever. I believe it would be better if the compensation medallions were neutral.

I have Meridian(4), Hexis(3), Suda(3) and..... Veil(2)

Today I ranked Veil to Veil(3), and paid 100k and an Orokin Catalyst.

I went in Relay 30 min later, and went delivering all items for rep.

I gave items Meridian, Hexis, Suda and Veil.

Now here's the thing that makes me angry, That "Trade" window shows the Reputation of the syndicate we are trading with. It shows how much Rep we get if we trade the items. BUT never EVER mentions we loose rep in other syndicates if we do that.

I just feel tricked! (maybe even "scammed" by that trade window)

Idk if the unclear trade window is the bug, or loosing reputation is the bug.

But now I'm back in Veil(2) and just lost 100k and an Orokin Catalyst.

If the interface was clear and at least warned me about loosing rep I would be fine.

But without any ingame indication, I was tricked and well tricked into screwing things. The proof of being unclear resides on this very topic.

Please give my stuff back wf!

:'(

Edited by RahKell

i have suda, hexis and steel at high ranks, and a friend of mine the rest of the syndicates, we trade the stuff they have and dont care about negative rep XD

Not everyone is working with Suda/Hexis/Steel or Perrin/Veil/Loka. Some people are doing 4 at once. Myself, I HAD a careful balance between Loka, Perrin, and Cephalon.

Yeah, I don't see a reason for medallions to incur a reputation bonus/penalty for other syndicates.  They should be neutral gains that are exclusive to a single syndicate.  In this manner they can be redeemed without affecting anyone except the syndicate in question.  This would make them a true reward, and while losing the 50% gain for another syndicate could be viewed as harmful, the lack of a penalty towards other syndicates more than offsets this.  Additionally, this would make them balanced according to players that were able to claim free items when ranking up since those had no bonus/penalty associated with them either.  I'm certainly an outsider for this issue, but from my perspective it's apples vs. oranges and medallions are not even close to the same as free items.  Obviously, DE is dong their best to make syndicates work but this is just another misstep in the process.

This is the exact reason I thought there wasn't a penalty for turning in medallions.  I turned in my Red Veil medallions (Rank 5) and noticed that I had two of the top tier ones.  I walked over to the New Loka hub (Rank 2) and saw that I had 0 of the 5k Medallions.  Logic points to these free rep tokens in all my syndicates are rank up rewards that DE threw in the game.  Every reward so far has not damaged other syndicate reputations and these do for some reason.  It wouldn't be so bad if there was a visual display of rep loss when turning in the medallions, similar to how mission end screens show rep gain/loss for each faction.  If you put on a wrong sigil you at least get a chance to fix your mistake before you get deranked.  Allowing 15000 rep gain/loss at a click of a button is awful.

Showing only one faction is a HUGE oversight.  I hope they fix this.

So the medallions reduce Standing with rival Syndicates...

Why do they exist then?? I thought the whole point of them was to gain Standing without also losing it. Disregarding the retroactive ones from the script, why not just give us the Standing straight? What is the point of medallions?

I know the feel. I've been working on balancing Cephalon, Loka, and Perrin, and redeeming them totally killed my rep with Cephalon, costing me a few hundred thousand credits, and potato, and a forma. I've had punishments that weren't as bad as that "reward". :I

Had the same issue as you. I've been workng Red Veil, New Loka, The Perrin Sequence, and Steel Meridian. I redeemed all my Red Veil medallions with no consequence, but when I used my Steel Meridian medallions (I was originally only working on those two syndicates), it dropped my standing with New Loka, and knocked me down to neutral with The Perrin Sequence. That is not good at all.

What is the point of medallions?

Since they drop in Syndicate missions, they are an incentive to explore for extra rewards while doing these. Also you can store them, and maybe trade with other players, which can be pretty useful if you want to raise multiple Syndicates.

They're a genial idea when it comes to regular Syndicate Standing gain, they become painful when it comes to them being our compensation.

Which is, actually, what the OP says in the title...

So they work like normal rep gain

Gee what a surprise

^Extreme this.

As for the bit about the lack of a free item: my main syndicate is Cephalon Suda and I was rank 4 when the free item update was released. I already have the highest sigil for her and don't really want any of her weapon mods. So for me, ~45k rep is awesome and I probably would have been a bit bummed out if I had instead gotten some useless sigils and an unwanted weapon mod.

Unfortunately handing in medallions also decreases your rep with other factions. This is NOT equal to getting something free during a rank up. Let me explain: Getting a free Mod worth 30k rep is a net gain of +30k rep with no cost to other factions. Getting 30k rep from medallions and -30k rep with your other faction can be severely detrimental based on where you currently are with your syndicate farming.

OMG I almost exchanged this with my Red Veil medallions, it would brought me down a rank with Hexis and Suda. Thanks for the heads up.

And I do agree that its not the same thing with getting a freebee after ranking up.

Edited by vash2pid

I have no idea how can this be mistaken like that. Why the hell would it be free rep with only one syndicate. Since leveling all the syndicates never meant to be a thing, these are just straight boosts next to what you farm (but it seems i was the only one who cinsidered it obvious it would seem) ....duh

Unfortunately handing in medallions also decreases your rep with other factions. This is NOT equal to getting something free during a rank up. Let me explain: Getting a free Mod worth 30k rep is a net gain of +30k rep with no cost to other factions. Getting 30k rep from medallions and -30k rep with your other faction can be severely detrimental based on where you currently are with your syndicate farming.

I maxed out Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis. This left me neutral with Steel Meridian and hated by Red Veil. Since finishing Suda and Hexis, i have been leveling up Meridian, and by proxy, Veil. This means that im currently liked by red Veil and Meridian, but should I choose to redeem these medallions you have given me, I will destroy any and all rep with Veil.

Basically, these medallions are useless to me for the time being. I brought this up in the original PSA about the medallions and was hoping this would be considered. I will, of course, deal with it. It's just important to note that this is not equal to a free gift at level up, mathematically speaking.

.. ya.. what he said

yep, 30k standings do not equal 30k free gift.(u can consider medallions as 0 net gain)

i cant get my compensation from steel meridian, because it will greatly lower my rank in perrin and new loka

maybe just make medallions affect that particular syndicate only?

Edited by Eric1738

I have no idea how can this be mistaken like that. Why the hell would it be free rep with only one syndicate. Since leveling all the syndicates never meant to be a thing, these are just straight boosts next to what you farm (but it seems i was the only one who cinsidered it obvious it would seem) ....duh

Because these medallions were supposed to be compensation for not receiving the freebie promotion rewards.  Logically one would not expect for the compensation to come with drawbacks attached when the promotion rewards had no drawbacks whatsoever attached to them.