Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swing Line, Why Does This Even Exist?

Yinglong

The dev team doesn't seem to give a damn whether you support it or against it. They seem to do whatever they want And not supporting or being against it ain't gonna do a damn thing..

But it's ok to support it while giving it an additional effect, of course asking the effect to be removed would be pointless since there is nothing gamebreaking about it being tacked on.

So rather than rage against it, why don't you come up with a better effect to add to this mod to make it suit Valkyr nicely.

It's better than simply complaining getting no where.

Every augment could use that fun side effect to make things more interesting, but not necessarily an effect too good to be it's own mod.

I disagree. Compare NYX and Loki. Loki's added value of chaos in addition to disarming lowered the value of chaos itself.

Giving amazing improvements to certain frames while not doing the same for others creates further imbalances. I didn't ask for it to be removed. I made the point that in its current state it adds no value.

I also believe supporting worthless mods isn't at all worthwhile. Support should be with the better mods. However I DO agree that suggestions are ideal. But my discussion was directly related to the OP. If the thread title was "what ideas do we have for new valkyr mods" I'd have a different approach.

Secondly, I sense a bit of irony. You say they don't give a damn what we support yet you suggest how we should support. Also, Its a bit of a complaint about perceived complaints with no suggestion for the mod? (Couldn't resist.)

Edit: divided posts. Anti Wall of text

Edited by (XB1)CitingPlague227

Lastly, to be a good sport, I'll give random suggestions

Valkyr augments should compliment her play style. Currently she has all melee focused, close ranged abilities. (Which blows my mind that her augment keeps her in the air and at range.. I digress) she should ether be given what she lacks (team skills, range aoe, etc. or improve what she specializes in)

Rip line possible improvements:

1. pulls multiple mobs/allies

2. pulls valkyr the complete distance of the rip line

3. Allow valkyr to swing and have the option to determine when rip line releases. Potentially control what distance mobs are pulled as well

4. Attacking while on rip line turns valkyr into a wrecking ball that's fired in the direction she's facing for buffed damage, defense, knockdown, stun, Whatever..

5. Hit scan quickness and faster travel time

6. During hysteria rip line receives unique properties.. Refer to list above

Secondly, I sense a bit of irony. You say they don't give a damn what we support yet you suggest how we should support. - No one said you should support it. People still create reworks, changes, etc. despite the devs not caring much hence my support suggestion.

Also, Its a bit of a complaint about perceived complaints with no suggestion for the mod? (Couldn't resist.) - Nope, no complaints here. Only advice unlike this thread.

Side effecting meaning a minor effect such as the one for Ripline in addition to a nice effect rather than have only a minor effect.

You can support the effect on the of mod by suggestion an additional effect. That's how can you support the mod.

To be honest, I'd have preferred that Rip Line get some effect for aiming it directly at an enemy. The grappling hook is the most common use of its effect, so an augment for the purpose of challenging its position as a weaker Pull would greatly influence strategies.

Like if you could impale an enemy with it and swing them around like a ragdoll. Perhaps even beat other enemies with it. You know, something perfect for a Berserker.

Oh well. DC does what DC wants.

Edited by Archwizard

Point is...Who cares?

And Fleet could make things worse for Hysteria/Warcry builds.

Fleeting does not make things worse for Hysteria builds. The worst thing that happens for Hysteria builds is that instead of re-casting Hysteria every minute, they have to re-cast Hysteria every half-minute. Truly Hysteria suffers when their immortality ability, for only 25 energy cost per cast, lasts for only a puny 30 seconds...

Yeah...

Now will Warcry suffer? Not after the introduction of Primed Continuity it won't. 

To be honest, I'd have preferred that Rip Line get some effect for aiming it directly at an enemy. The grappling hook is the most common use of its effect, so an augment for the purpose of challenging its position as a weaker Pull would greatly influence strategies.

Like if you could impale an enemy with it and swing them around like a ragdoll. Perhaps even beat other enemies with it. You know, something perfect for a Berserker.

Oh well. DC does what DC wants.

This is what they would've done if they had gone with interesting and inspiring ability augments, rather than just ability augments. Unfortunately this is not the route they've taken, I also imagine it'd take a bit more work to get something like that working. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Fleeting does not make things worse for Hysteria builds. The worst thing that happens for Hysteria builds is that instead of re-casting Hysteria every minute, they have to re-cast Hysteria every half-minute. Truly Hysteria suffers when their immortality ability, for only 25 energy cost per cast, lasts for only a puny 30 seconds...

Yeah...

Now will Warcry suffer? Not after the introduction of Primed Continuity it won't. 

Build that spams both Warcry and Hysteria...

Although casting every 30 seconds w/o natural talent is lame.

I think the mod is fun, but could have an added effect of you being able to stick yourself to the ceiling and the next 4 casts being energy free, meaning you can act like a SWAT invasion team, with the added effect of being able to change positions for free.

Just not sure how this could be implemented, as some people do want to jump from line to line, maybe holding the button would stick you to the spot you aimed?

This mod is very lackluster and provides little to nothing in the way of fun or usefulness. The amount of people that may claim that it can be fun (but won't continue to use it) don't out number the people that find this mod pointless.

Valkyr has issues. Lacking real use outside of 3 & 4. Rip line cost was never an issue.

Btw efficiency mods have already accomplished what this mod is intended for while also benefitting all her other powers. This mod adds no value. There is nothing new that this "augment" allows her to do.

Loki, ash, frost etc, received some awesome AND fun abilities. It's extremely disappointing that such little thought was given to frame frame in such need of versatility.

Wait...what?

Have you ever used Warcry or Ripline?

Pop Warcry to become the greatest tank in the game, and Ripline your way to safety when sh!t hits the fan. Her entire kit revolves around using abilities properly, not spamming it mindlessly. 

And this augment is a niche mod, not a meta level mod. So be it. Not everything in the game needs to be serious. We have a bloody ability that trolls enemies ffs. 

And trust me, Valkyr is versatile. Depends on who is using her.

Wait...what?

Have you ever used Warcry or Ripline?

Pop Warcry to become the greatest tank in the game, and Ripline your way to safety when sh!t hits the fan. Her entire kit revolves around using abilities properly, not spamming it mindlessly. 

And this augment is a niche mod, not a meta level mod. So be it. Not everything in the game needs to be serious. We have a bloody ability that trolls enemies ffs. 

And trust me, Valkyr is versatile. Depends on who is using her.

So you're saying she can take damage and rip line? That's what makes her versatile heh? News to me.

Sarcasm aside, I don't want to derail the thread so I won't go deep into it. She can melee and survive. It's a lot of fun. But that's not versatility. Other frames have tools to survive plus crowd control, defend, heal, disarm, restore energy, etc.. Their synergy makes teams better. Valkyr survives while enemies wreck objectives and team mates. She can pick them up but once up they're on their own.

She's a fun frame but she's a one trick pony. Her entire kit is 90% 2 abilities. How often are teams requesting valkyr with rip line and/or paralysis? Exactly. She's the melee tank queen. The end.

On topic, rip line is perfectly usable and low cost with no need for swing line. DE threw a mod in there just to say every frame got one. Perhaps valkyr isn't a frame they favor.

This mod is just a waste. Compare it to 75% efficiency.

Rip Line costs 25 energy. This mod when maxed allows the next 4 rip lines to be free of use after the first energy cost of 25.

75% efficiency allows you to get the cost down to about 6 per use.

6 uses with a maxed out swing line will cost 50.

6 uses with 75% energy efficiency costs about 36 energy. Plus making ALL her abilities cost less

Spot the winner?

To those claiming that this mod adds fun.. It adds nothing. It offers nothing we weren't already accomplishing and with better results.

Worst part about getting this worthless mod is the people who support it. While other frames are getting ultimates like radial disarmed drastically improved, we get to use rip line. Not the new effect having, aoe having, team benefiting, some improvement having rip line.

Literally the exact same ability.

Yay

And this is why I keep saying:

"Someone over there at DE is terrible at math!"

i wonder if this ripline augment is even usable, for some obscure reason gravity acceleration seems to stack and carry over after effects that propell you upwards so my bet is that after the third ripline you're gonna plummet like an anvil and not have time to recast the animation, i mean you can't even use zephyr 1st skill more than 2-3 times no matter how many duration you stack on it  and maybe you can extend it to 3-4 times with natural talent but i dont really see it as something that can actually be pulled off using ripline apparently they fixed this in a recent patch but still, toying around  with a max efficiency build i can't see how being able to spam ripline midair is any usefull, and you WILL bump onto stuff and fall after the third or fourth ripline 90% of the times and tring it involves a big amount of faceplanting into doors

Edited by bl4ckhunter

i wonder if this ripline augment is even usable, for some obscure reason gravity acceleration seems to stack and carry over after effects that propell you upwards so my bet is that after the third ripline you're gonna plummet like an anvil and not have time to recast the animation, i mean you can't even use zephyr 1st skill more than 2-3 times no matter how many duration you stack on it  and maybe you can extend it to 3-4 times with natural talent but i dont really see it as something that can actually be pulled off using ripline

They actually fixed that bug with Zephyr, you can now Tailwind for as long as you have energy (and it's glorious). Haven't tried it with Valkyr, though

You know what's funny? I am running 129% Power Strenght and a maxed Narrow Minded and I can still Rip Line all I want........... There is absolutely no need for this augment. The ability is so situational that I always have energy when I want to use it and actually need it.

You know what's funny? I am running 129% Power Strenght and a maxed Narrow Minded and I can still Rip Line all I want........... There is absolutely no need for this augment. The ability is so situational that I always have energy when I want to use it and actually need it.

Says the person with a different build(maybe forma) and playstyle than everyone else :)

Although the need for this is rare.

Says the person with a different build(maybe forma) and playstyle than everyone else :)

Although the need for this is rare.

What I wanted to point out is that the build does not matter THAT much. I can Rip Line when needed even with the increased cost. Then why shouldn't others with way more efficiency than me? That's why I don't see the point of this augment.

Edit: Btw, I pumped 4 forma into my Valkyr and my build is pretty much good for everything. Equilibrium is a great self supporting mod (srsly every Valkyr build should have it and you can build anything around it) that's why I never have energy problems even with increased ability costs.

Edit 2: Now if DE could release something actually useful, like a Hysteria augment which would let you use whichever weapon you want with it. That would be great.

Edited by Momo93