The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Make Your Warframe Look Amazing?

RebornRikuo

For me personally, I think the Imperator Syandana looks great with Edo armor. I have no real reason other then I think that the designs go well together nicely and they were the only cosmetic pieces that I really enjoyed the looks of.

I wouldn't say that colors work best with specific frames, its really up to you in the end. I ended up as one of those people who use the same color scheme for mostly all frames. If you're into being creative every now and again with your stuff then it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by RockCambo

I bought pretty much all of the color packs and the immortal skin bundles, along with some of the armour sets. Honestly its up to you how you make your tenno yours. I would recommend getting the alpha and beta color packs since that has like 6 different pallets one of which is the smoke pallet.

Amazing looks/Beauty is a rather subjective term actually. 

I color my warframes as I see fit, they are all pretty in my eyes. So try to customize them to your taste.

I suggest you spend some time in the hubs now they are open to all, and get a general idea maybe?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder tenno!

Edited by Noioiy

How do you guys design your warframe cosmetics to make them look so great and which cosmetics should I buy in the market? Are there specific colors that work best with with specific warframes?

Go to Arsenal, frame appearance and then slap your frame with any cosmetic and colors you like and observe without the need of buying it. If you like how you look then buy it.

There is no right or wrong way to customize your warframe - so keep in mind that all of the advice opinions I'm posting below are highly subjective. Only you can determine what looks good or bad. Reference: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframe_Cosmetics

Colors - Most warframes don't really have a very strict spectrum of hues that restrict what colors should or should not go with that particular frame. That being said, many frames, especially newer ones, often have specialized ways in their mesh that mix or separate tinting areas in specific ways. Oberon for example has areas on his body that have a gradient-like texture, where two colors fade into and out of each other. In light of this, it is often better to choose colors that may or may not be intersecting to compliment each other, like shades of the same color or adjacent colors on the color wheel.

But as I said before, there is no right or wrong way, so don't be afraid to experiment and try something crazy. You might just like it.

Skins - Every warframe base skin is different, but many people agree that skins such as the Immortal skins often add a lot of life and vibrancy to your average warframe. They are worth investing in if you're looking to do a complete makeover of one of your favorite frames or even your whole arsenal. Just remember, as with all things, to preview them first before buying something you may not like in the long run.

Syandanas - This one sometimes comes down a decision between complimenting your warframe's color schemes or complimenting your warframe's energy color. Depending on which syandana you're interested in, it will greatly depend on one or the other. Decide what your visual priorities overall are and go from there.

Armor - Take anything I say here with a hefty amount of salt because I personally don't own any pieces of armor. That being said, many people prefer certain armor styles over others, such as the Edo and Iliac, whereas sets like the Dendra and Harkonar tend to be less popular. This is for a lot of reasons, but just remember that each one has its positives and negatives, so always preview each piece. 

Sigils - Barring the fact that choosing which syndicate to side with can affect this greatly, keep in mind these tips. Decide whether or not you what your sigil to be heavily visible or out of the picture, and then you can make size and alpha adjustments accordingly. Next decide if you like the symmetrical approach, or the abstract look, this will help you nail down where to position the sigil and how to orient it. Do you want it as a shining advertisement beacon on the center of your chest, or do you want it to blend into your frame and not be noticeable.

-Pick a frame

-Pick a helmet

-Colour everything in the same colour (one that you like)

-Now going from the top to the bottom(colours wise) change colours, make the look pop by picking contrasting colours or smoothen the look by picking a shade lighter/darker. Energy looks better when its contrasting the main colour

-Apply immortal skin if you like the look(it can change the colour scheme a lot)

-Apply attachments and click "copy main pallete colours"

-Adjust some of the attachment's colours so it all "fits", sometimes copy doesn't fit nicely

-Apply stance that doesn't clip with syandana

You are done :)

Black+white = too unoriginal, although can work for everything.

Black+red = too edgy, people will shake their head at you

all pink/clown colours = people will sigh and just not take you seriously, possibly facepalm themselves IRL

Edited by kiteohatto

-Pick a frame

-Pick a helmet

-Colour everything in a colour you like

-Now going from the top to the bottom(colours wise) change colours, make the look pop by picking contrasting colours or smoothen the look by picking a shade lighter/darker

-Apply immortal skin if you like the look(it can change the colour scheme a lot)

-Apply attachments and click "copy main pallete colours"

-Adjust some of the attachment's colours so it all "fits", sometimes copy doesn't fit nicely

-Apply stance that doesn't clip with syandana

You are done :)

Apply mesa/mirage stance on everything. Especially Rhino.

Apply mesa/mirage stance on everything. Especially Rhino.

Mirage stance looks dumb on male frames, too "feminine". mesa stance doesn't always align well with the armor sets on the legs. Hydroid noble can fit all very well. Never, ever, ever use limbo stances.

Edited by kiteohatto

Mirage stance looks dumb on male frames, too "feminine". mesa stance doesn't always align well with the armor sets on the legs. Hydroid noble can fit all very well. Never, ever, ever use limbo stances.

I posted for humour ): I saw rhino with a limbo stance, He looked like a male stripper....

I find your post a bit offensive my good sir! -.-

fGelg.jpg

I picked what I thought looked nice at the time.  My colors and skins tend to change based on my mood for the most part.

EDIT:

Here's what my main looks like now.  This is using the bottom row of the default color palette and the Mastery sigil.  Oh, and the default Mag helm on Mag Prime.

SXXhEVA.jpg?1

Edited by Noamuth

I find your post a bit offensive my good sir! -.-

Good sir, I am offensive and I find your post a bit.

fGelg.jpg

I picked what i thought looked nice at the time.  My colors and skins tend to change based on my mood for the most part.

That image. Wins the internet. I am saving that for future generations. No really, I downloaded that image as soon as I read its text.

Oh and about warframes looking really, really ,really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking: I try to pick a look for each frame of mine that I think goes with it starting with the color scheme and I go from there.

Edited by Altrunchen

BROWN AND GOLD

PURPLES AND REDS

SOMETIMES PINK

Honestly every frame can look good with ...most.... colors given that the colors you pick go well together. Outside of warframes coloring horribly.

I find that warm colors tend to be easier to make look good than cool colors on most warframes, Nekros being the biggest exception who rocks those purples and blues.

On that note, how to make Nekros look amazing? Make him pink, purple, and baby blue.

Honestly colors are mostly preference based anyways, there's no real solid answer, even if personally I find browns and golds to be the most consistently nice between various frames, that's just preference.

As it's been said on this thread already, go for what looks good to you. It's not a universal thing, it's very very subjective. I've gone with what I like and pretty much get to hear about it every day from my clan mates. (and on occasion in public games too) =P But I still roll with what I like.