The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is The Most Outcasted Frame?

(XBOX)NuclearWarWWIII

Ember and Banshee are definitely in need of welfare.

And i dont believe that Hydroid is bad, just that he has a really awkward skillset. That aside, it would be nice to see the Tentacles not spawning where they have no chance of grabbing anything.

How often do you see Hydroid?

More often than i see Zephyr.

Though thats for a whole different reason.

Not sure outcast is the word you are looking for in this regard.

If you mean underused, then Banshee is the answer. You can see a few on the forums that claim they main Banshee and she's the best ever and blah blah blah, I don't see Banshee in missions at all. Like maybe 1 in 75 missions. Maybe. Then they will say "hurr solo". Okay, fair enough, but there are better answers for solo, objectively not subjectively.

If you mean outcast like hated by just about everyone, the closest thing is probably Rhino Prime with Boltor Prime, or Limbo before his little annoyance factor on his skills was dealt with somewhat.

This is from someone who started playing like in the middle of 2014, maybe a bit more back so beyond that I have no idea.

But regardless, Banshee is the most underused outside of Solo where I can't see what people use. And even then I know the number of people who play solo are probably not using Banshee for it, because I'm not stupid.

Every time i join a t4d, t4md or even t3 stuff i am asked to change my frame to something else since zephyr is weak, even when my conclave is almost 1800

Conclave has nothing to do with weak. However, while Zephyr is great for keeping herself safe, there are better frames for protecting an objective. Tornado is nice CC, but it can be unreliable.

Conclave has nothing to do with weak. However, while Zephyr is great for keeping herself safe, there are better frames for protecting an objective. Tornado is nice CC, but it can be unreliable.

I find tornados with 15/20 secs work incredible well at void defense since most of the map near the pod has a roof so you can do a proc wall with corrosive there and leave all the mobs without any armor (also free shoots while they are stuck). And if there is no frost for globe a buff turbulance can cover a big part of the incoming fire and that was before augments existed, now with vortex zephyr has a really cheap cc, and jet stream makes nonhitscan weapons go at twice the speed for all the team

The big three that bother me are:

Ember needs to be given new stats or have her abilities redone.

How can such an offensively themed "in your face" wildfire type of frame be as soft as her? Her stats are pretty middle of the road for her role health/shield-wise, but she has NO armor. Other than her 1, all of her other abilities have mighty short ranges and her middle-of-the-road health/shields and garbage armor doesn't make much sense to me for the type of frame she's supposed to be.. 

Banshee... completely overshadowed by Nova.

Sonar increases damage dealt, but you have to aim at specific points to be credited with that damage. M-Prime has an equal range, can either speed up or slow down enemies, depending on what you need/want, gives bonus damage that you DONT NEED TO AIM FOR, and offers an AoE explosion on death. M Prime is just too loaded of an ability for Sonar to compete, especially since M-Prime scales better in endless missions because 2x damage is enough to do the job. Sonar's 5x damage is overkill for what people currently need and it doesn't offer the utility and ease of use of not having to aim for weak spots on primed enemies that M-Prime has.

That, along with how garbage and inefficient Sound Quake is, makes Banshee a benchwarmer.

Hydroid also needs a looking into.. I feel like this 1 and 4 do pretty much the same thing (and they look pretty similar, they aren't very distinct and I think it takes away from the uniqueness). His Tidal Surge is an ability that lends very little synergy to his kit. If you wanted to CC some enemies, just use your ultimate.. It does more damage and CCs enemies while allowing you to keep some sort of distance. If you have the energy, your 1+gun is still safer than just waving into the middle of a group of enemies in a room. I really like the Curative Undertow mod for his undertow though; I think it's unique as an ability and promotes team-play quite well.

Edited by Fitzhugh

hydroid - his ultilities are shadowed by others 

mag -  selective effectiveness, only works vs corpus

ember - boring ult, few sets of utility to survive 

banshee - only effective obtaining leaderboard goals, not good with practical things

volt - selective effectiveness, works vs corpus, offense capabilities are bad, look at his 4. dofok is that?

Edited by Ritchel