Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing 3 Unranked Weapons To T4D

Chub_N_Tuck

I've been doing that quite a while with my keys and now I joined someone hosting T4D.

I was frost and said I'll provide cc for us and want to bring ranking weapons since others brought boltor prime and soma and such. I honestly don't see the need for more dps. When I said that, there was no reply. So the mission started, one of the sqaud members immediately says "Thanks for bringing any useful weapon Chuck." "You're gonna be leeching??"

That provoked a thought in my head, since when is dealing dmg in a mission not leeching and providing cc and doing little dmg is leeching? From my honest experience, I had no trouble going to wave 40 that way, because boltor prime and soma that others brought are already that strong. There was really no need for more dmg.

Keep in mind I was going to provide a lot of cc and still do reasonable dmg upto wave 10. Doing little dmg is not necessarily leeching. I just hoped he could understand my logic, but sadly he just ignores me. But also, I would have brought something powerful if there was one word asking me to. He ignored my message and straight up ignores me like that, it's sad how intolerant some people are.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

Bringing 3 unranked weapons to T4D is just absurd.

Edit: If I'm leveling stuff, I usually level the first 5-10 levels on Apollodorus.  Is that so inconvenient? If I'm still leveling a bad gun when its at level 23 (Paracyst currently, blargh!), I don't do harder missions because I know I won't be able to contribute.

Edited by Lanieu

You couldn't bring a single useful weapon to the t4d? you HAD to bring 3 unranked ones....

IMO that is a dirtbag move and very much a valid reason to call someone a leech. Just because you can bubble doesnt mean you get a free ticket to stand around and get your weapons leveled. Granted you shouldnt be leaving the pod aside from gathering energy, you could at least make yourself useful other than bubble.

Jesus why do u feel entitled to do that? Do you leave at wave 10? people stay till wave 20-40 in pub runs, get off your highhorse and realise you screwed up badly.

I would have purposely aborted the mission if i had someone do that to me and i was host, no one's getting a free ride off my keys.

Edited by DotBeta

Seems people didn't read, they didn't see my message when I said it. If they were uncomfortable with it, should have said so. I can always bring good weapons but they never said it. Like i said, had no problem reaching wave 40 

I wouldn't find it acceptable unless people in the party actually said "it's fine"

I find it insulting when people do this sort of thing, tbh. At least bring one decent weapon, you can still level two.

Seems people didn't read, they didn't see my message when I said it. If they were uncomfortable with it, should have said so. I can always bring good weapons but they never said it. Like i said, had no problem reaching wave 40 

It doesn't matter, it's common sense to bring at least 1 weapon. You didnt say to youself that maybe they hadnt read the msg since no one replied? And bringing one would have been the better option? No? That's because you leeched.

" I would have brought something powerful if there was one word asking me to. He ignored my message and straight up ignores me like that, it's sad how intolerant some people are."

why not ask first?

I did, if i quote myself exactly the first time I asked, "I'll be providing cc for the team, can I bring my ranking gears?" I wouldn't be blatantly saying this if I didn't ask first. My question was ignored in the team, hence the mission started.

Yup. Bring ONE good weapon, if you dont , then im sorry, but your intentions are to LEECH.

You were just a frost who used frost globe, you couldnt kill anything,  And you probably couldnt stop the pod from dying if you ran outa energy.

Next time just bring at least 1 good weapon, then at least thats showing that you can kill something.

Yup. Bring ONE good weapon, if you dont , then im sorry, but your intentions are to LEECH.

You were just a frost who used frost globe, you couldnt kill anything,  And you probably couldnt stop the pod from dying if you ran outa energy.

Next time just bring at least 1 good weapon, then at least thats showing that you can kill something.

Well, I use blind rage on frost, I do decent enough dmg to kill some things until wave 10. I wasn't going to run out of energy since I brought energy restores. Also most importantly, not one person answered to my question when I asked. I CAN kill things if it's not a heavy gunner or fusion moa or ancient. But I wasn't trying to be rude, I asked if they're ok with it, they were silent

Yeah but still it is a common courtesy to bring at least 1 very good primary no? Edited by Dalawantahr

Personally, I don't care as long as people pull their weight. Worse case is a Frost that downright don't know how to play during pinch situations.

Personal Story:

Had a Frost that hosted a T1D match. We went into wave 38-ish and had a few bleedouts here and there, nothing new when you have some people who bring lower level gears except me being low shields due to min-maxing. Everyone happened to go down except Frost. He decided to run to me, who was also near the pod but didn't have a good secondary to cover it, and revive me. What ensued was that his previous globe died and the pod died in a matter of 0.5s.

Edited by matrixEXO

Well, I use blind rage on frost, I do decent enough dmg to kill some things until wave 10. I wasn't going to run out of energy since I brought energy restores. Also most importantly, not one person answered to my question when I asked. I CAN kill things if it's not a heavy gunner or fusion moa or ancient. But I wasn't trying to be rude, I asked if they're ok with it, they were silent

Umm.. wave 10? did you not earlier say you went to wave 40+ like this? thats 1/4th of the time you could not dmg stuff properly. Also what would ya do if ya had to run and revive someone due to them screwing up? oh dread... them bringing 3 unranked weapons them selfs?

Yeah but still it is a common courtesy to bring at last 1 very good primary no?

I honestly didn't feel the need for another op weapon. That's all. If people felt uncomfortable with it, I was going to bring it gladly. I'm not trying to be rude and asked a question to the squad. Don't need to be feeling that i'll be leeching just because I brought those weapons.

If I brought those weapons without even asking them, of course it is rude. I gave them an option but straight up ignored it.

Honestly, every time I get a new frame, I get 3 unranked weapons to go with it. And by my horrid sadistic tradition, I send myself into a T1-2 Void Survival.

But I NEVER go into a T4 key to level them.

Yes I do this with Public players, but I make sure they know I'm unranked, and make sure they are fine with me not being the best I can be.

(And it's the worst when I get second highest amount of kills by the end of the match despite my equipment.)

Summary of the story, don't shove yourself into a T4 with sh*te gear, it won't help anybody.