The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pyra Prime Is Terrible, It Needs Rework.

Zareek

If they wont give a refund then that's that. I should have checked the items before I purchased, so it's my own fault. But I'm still going to try. But for now I will see what they are going to do to the design. 

Well I wish you luck on it, I can understand where you're coming from but in the end it's just down to personal preference.

Gotta agree with the majority there , i expected it to be less bulky , it could be used as a shield right now. Quite the contrary goes for the flames , it seems to have less flames than the actual pyra.

(in the name of profit) give us a good excuse to spend 50$ on warframe this christmas

Edited by Jehts

People don't seem to understand that the cold can now be colored per user's requests. 

We can have metallic gold/red/blue/white/black PBR'ed material which would otherwise be always 'gold'. 

I think the flames should wave more, but I happen to like 'backpack Pyra'. 

I like the fact that the metallic parts can be painted now

It opens a lot of possibilities for customization

It's great we get more customization options, but I don't care much for it if it goes at the expense of what helped prime gear stand out in the first place.

I'll have to see more of the Pyra Prime to see whether I like it or not.

For now I'm gonna wait and see what happens, no iconic gold, no buy. Because I'm sure as hell not gonna buy the accessory pack for the boosters and sigil.

It's great we get more customization options, but I don't care much for it if it goes at the expense of what helped prime gear stand out in the first place.

I'll have to see more of the Pyra Prime to see whether I like it or not.

For now I'm gonna wait and see what happens, no iconic gold, no buy. Because I'm sure as hell not gonna buy the accessory pack for the boosters and sigil.

trust me the sigil is not much to talk about either

That noru prime...*shivers* please DE just give us an option to add in the iconic orokin gold into the new primes. I know you won't do anything with the model design of pyra prime cause we all made a similar thread of how revolting that noru prime was but we were ignored so appreciate this one compensation of having real gold for those who paid $50 for this.

Edited by GKDK

This design is so bad, and there is nothing "Prime" about it.. I wish I had taken some time to see the syandana before I bought it. This is a major let down.

- It has no default gold

- It's just like a huge box on your back ("That syandana looks like a backpack" - UltimateSpinDash)

- The "fire" should be longer to resemble a phoenix or something

- The black is not "black" but grey

You can say it looks "fine", but that doesn't cut it, not for the price it goes for. These accessories are supposed to be "Prime", they are supposed to be impressive and really stand out. The normal Pyra and the Pyra "prime" looks too much a like. The Pyra Prime doesn't look unique, it just has a bit of a different design. This is outragerous in my opinion.

12_zps3771890d.jpg

Please for the love of God, give it some love.

THE GOLD YOU SEE ON IT IN THE PICTURE WAS ORIGINALLY WHITE! I had to colour it gold myself.

Editted

youre trippin lil'homie.

have you even seen the noru prime. this looks way nicer than the original pyra and the noru, and the yomo, and the asa... anyhow. the only thing i was unimpressed with was that the gold wasnt really that shiney.. but i changed the colors anyway so w/e.

edit: now you can compare and scroll. its definitely one of the nicer ones. the gold just needs to shine

EOlJ1R2.jpg

56DM4wK.jpg

JqdL2VQ.jpg

B66VagN.jpg

p5RGLoK.jpg

cOun8fI.jpg

lM5flhA.jpg

uqRMpNM.jpg

qujsJ1O.jpg

SFfFsZD.jpg

Uy4uFal.jpg

Edited by T4LCOMX

I think the tintable bling is a better option for one reason: almost anything primed has a different shade of gold. If it's tintable it can be made the same. Ideally the metallic parts could have their own field, because currently to get the golden color one has to insert yellow in all their attachments and it might not look good on some of them. Or have each attachment have its own separate color choices, but I assume this will make the game use more RAM.

hah, 404 posts not found

edit2: My problem with the actual syandana is that fire isn't supposed to dangle around like cloth.

Edited by Kethus

People don't seem to understand that the cold can now be colored per user's requests. 

We can have metallic gold/red/blue/white/black PBR'ed material which would otherwise be always 'gold'. 

I think the flames should wave more, but I happen to like 'backpack Pyra'. 

Yes we understand that we can color it...unfortunately they put a horrible texture on the metal parts that doesnt look like Orokin metal but instead like Exfoliated Grineer metal.

It also comes without Gold as the base color and thus makes it kind of impossible to color it "just like" Orokin Gold. 

I know that quite a few people want to get rid of the gold entirely...but another huge chunk doesn't...so DE has to figure out something.

Edited by Shehriazad

I've got to say that i'm also very disappointed with the Pyra Prime. I bought it thinking especially of my Frost Prime and it just doesn't look nice at all on him or any of my other frames. It does look like plastic. It's got no feel of a primed piece of gear. It sticks a mile out from the back of my Frost, looks very unattractive from the back and the sides, far too bulky. The colouring is also a massive problem for me. It's very bright in comparison to my other attachments. I wish I could change each attachment colour separately. I'd want this darker than the rest of my armour. It also deserves a proper gold shine as others have pointed out. I appreciate that art is subjective. I sort of regret purchasing this though. If I could swap this for a Misa, I probably would in a flash..

Having said that though, i'm absolutely DELIGHTED with my new sigil. It's gorgeous. Thumbs up for that.

Edited by (XB1)Fortune Smile

I must say I was kinda disappointed too by pyra prime

I was really expecting some kind of phoenix wing style syandana, & placement seems weird on some frames (try it on frost prime)

the sigil is nice though I'd appreciate if there was an option to set an order with the accessories, with the targis prime armor even after reducing its size & placing it lowest we can, it's still clipping with it. I would have liked to put it over the armor (on the heart)

Now you see, i'm on this apparent non-existent middleground - this thing on it's own looks nothing special and on everyone's Nova looks just as so.

People have likened this to the quality of store syandannas and i'm not quite sure why that's such a bad thing; I use plat bought, store syandannas to finish off a warframe - they're like toppers to a nice decorative piece and that's sometimes a lot better than a large over-sized exstention that just drapes over everything you already enjoy.

One of my most favourite syandannas is the Hecate (the Rakta reskin) simply because it's decorative and non-intrusive and because of the its shape it covers very little of pre-existing  features on the warframe - I've nicknamed it the Window Cape.

Now as gorgeous as the Misa Syandanna was, the one we all wished we could get, it covers literally everything and whilst it's impressive and most definitely flashy, there's not much left to see of your actual frame if you couple this with the rest of your prime swag.

Warframe cosmetics (especially primes) are very important to me and I think that the Pyra Prime probably has a place on certain warframes, but i haven't seen anyone actually trying it on further warframes than they're pre-bought novas. without having one to view first hand, i think this might like good on something like Mag Prime - the circular ring and arching metallic connectors share a lot of features with her own frame and once the placements on warframes has been fine-tuned to not have a giant connector bar sticking into their neck, this might be worth a shot.

Obviously, this is all opinions, It seems like this is a real Marmite item and people don't want to pay $50/£40 for Marmite.

DE needs to focus on an adjustment for warframes that hides the neck bar/ sorts out clipping issues (possibly scale it down) and keep in mind that it would be best to have the prime access mascot wearing any and all accessories for perspective of the purchase rather than a 2D picture in the corner of the buy section -we wanna see the yacht we're buying, not a picture of the yacht.

And for everyone saying about there being 'No gold'. READ. THE. COMMENTS.

Thanks for your time.