Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Nova Prime Even Exist?

satyriasis000

Tenno are under the command of orokin at that era, so I don't think it is reasonable that they have a council at that period of time......

nothing about 'tenno council' states that it was specifically a council made entirely and only of tenno.

for all we know it could be a bunch of orokin researchers or even a bunch of sentient cows that the orokin installed into a 'council' to oversee tenno and tenno development.

It's bugging me for few days now. If my memories serves me right, nova was a new warframe made by some sort of tenno council. So how could it even have prime since it is not even exist during orokin era.

Nothing actually says she was made after the fall of the Orokin.  That must have been some player story or something that people must have thought she was real...

'Cause nobody can find me any sort of in-game source or mention of this any time it comes up.  Everybody "knows" it, but nobody can tell where the idea came from.  Sounds like a rumor that got out of hand to me.

And according to wikipedia:

"According to Nova's 

, her Warframe was a result of Tenno High Council research, implying that she could possibly be a recently developed Warframe. This makes her and, possibly, Valkyr the only Warframes that are made in the current time period, after the Old Orokin War."

Considering the Boar Prime and Dakra Prime are directly said to be created by Tenno during the Orokin era, that speculation is false and I'll be removing it right now to help these rumors stop spreading.

boar.png

dakra.png

EDIT: ... I can't.  Somebody locked the page to prevent editing.  Lovely, just what we need...

Edited by Rydian

Question: Does Nova Prime exist in game?

Answer: Yes.

Conclusion: Then the question of viability has been officially rendered moot on that alone.

Tenno are under the command of orokin at that era, so I don't think it is reasonable that they have a council at that period of time......

Why is it unreasonable?

Any military structure that gains sufficient authority/power requires a governing system for itself. These are internal checks, or systems that allow for in-house military research drives.

Consider the Great Tenno Clans, the ones responsible for the names of the mod polarities; Madurai, Naramon, Zenurik, Vazarin, Unairu. These five clans likely had their top researchers as members of this Tenno council, likely being the brilliance behind the design of the Nova. The Orokin would hypothetically have given the five leeway to advance the war effort.

An actually useful tool to make people who may want to kill you themselves is to give them reasons not to want to kill you. Remember, the Tenno - Orokin relationship seems pretty poor looking at Codex entries, particularly the Ember, Mag Prime and Rhino Prime ones. Giving someone responsibility makes them feel better about themselves, especially if that is vaguely important.

"According to Nova's profile, her Warframe was a result of Tenno High Council research, implying that she could possibly be a recently developed Warframe."

-Edited for sake of legibility.

The words I've rendered in bold are variables. They are entirely hypothetical based on the reasoning of the Wiki at the time. Just because something implies one thing, does not mean it is necessarily the case.

For example, admitting I am colour-blind Red Green implies I am male. However, that is not necessarily true as you can still be Red Green colour-blind and female. The odds are just lower.

So in this case, the implication she could have been a 'modern era' Warframe was there, but it wasn't necessarily the case.

It fits the lore. It shouldn't exist because DE neglected much older frames for it and because its unbalanced. Nova prime got loki prime's energy buff and a shield buff.

I'll bet they even plan to nerf it and say this was an accident. Its no accident though, they make the new stuff more powerful so people will spend plat

It fits the lore. It shouldn't exist because DE neglected much older frames for it and because its unbalanced. Nova prime got loki prime's energy buff and a shield buff.

I'll bet they even plan to nerf it and say this was an accident. Its no accident though, they make the new stuff more powerful so people will spend plat

So much hate! You do know that you're bashing the people who brought you this game in the first place? Sort of like... biting the hand that feeds you? Makes no sense to me. At least you have this awesome game to play. Try and appreciate.

or the tenno council reverse engineered normal nova from old orkin archives mentionning it

The only way that could happen is if the Tenno High Council existed right now, while we are playing.  The Tenno have only been "awake" for about a year now.

The tenno crafted frames and weapons during the Orokin Era. Read Dakra Prime codex, two posts above.

I agree that they crafted weapons, proof from previous post but, I don't think they crafted Warframes as well.  That would take away power from the Orokin to control the Tenno.  Best way to keep a small population in check is to control their ability to procreate.

But this is just an off topic theory. :X

So much hate! You do know that you're bashing the people who brought you this game in the first place? Sort of like... biting the hand that feeds you? Makes no sense to me. At least you have this awesome game to play. Try and appreciate.

Dude I love the game but that doesn't put DE beyond criticism. They said in the beginning that primes would be only cosmetic. Well guess what that doesn't make them enough money. Oh well money comes beyond art, it comes beyond enjoyment. I criticize this game because I love it and I'm starting to love it less and less. Say these things in the hope the game can be saved. At this rate it will collapse before it ever gets out of beta.

I agree that they crafted weapons, proof from previous post but, I don't think they crafted Warframes as well.  That would take away power from the Orokin to control the Tenno.  Best way to keep a small population in check is to control their ability to procreate.

But this is just an off topic theory. :X

Ah, but in the sense that the Tenno are the Orokin only hope against the Sentients, Godzilla Threshold and all that, then it makes sense the Orokin ask the actual Tenno what would help them in their effort to win the war. Sure, the Orokin need to control the actual creation of Warframes I suspect, but they can make the Tenno involved in that, purely out of enlightened self-interest.

Even modern armies put in requests for better armour R&D that are taken out by the parent nation/in-house science department. Military R&D is a thing.

As for the procreation thing...avoiding that I'm afraid.

Like the pictures above show...Tenno have been making weapons even lomg before they awoke again. 

None of the Tenno weapons and frames that you see right now are actually genuinely new designs (unless stated). 

The best explanation would be to say that they recreate weapons from memory (more Tenno get unfrozen, more knowledge is found)...but almost all of those Tenno weapons already existed. 

With the exceptions of the very few genuine designs that will pop up every once in a while. 

But since we are building gear from memory, but don't have access to the original technology anymore (Something about wiping out our masters) all we amount to is making cheap copies.

So in 90% of the cases when we make a weapon..it is just something we remember from our old days and try to recreate with out own shabby tools but it's pretty hopeless. 

Kind of like if you compare Roman empire to Middle Ages...Roman empire was far more advanced but most of the knowledge was lost and had to be rediscovered/reinvented.

So when Nova was "made" by the council...she was really just rediscovered.

Also for the people saying "But hurr durr, Warframes have only been awake for a year or so" How does that matter? The Lotus seems to have access to a high end neural network of sorts. Otherwise how would she be able to track every Tenno, every enemy movement and all the knowledge required for certain tasks. 

Whenever she wakes up a new Tenno, chances are there was more data "buried" with them.

Edited by Shehriazad

The Tenno _absolutely_ created Warframes themselves during the Orokin Era, after all, we wake up _in_ a Tenno created Warframe, not a prime and all evidence points to the Tenno entering Cryo almost immediately after the fall of the Orokin (and associated cleanup) there is even text _in the game files_ from the Lotus telling the Tenno to sleep after the Orokin pogrom.

The Tenno _absolutely_ created Warframes themselves during the Orokin Era, after all, we wake up _in_ a Tenno created Warframe, not a prime and all evidence points to the Tenno entering Cryo almost immediately after the fall of the Orokin (and associated cleanup) there is even text _in the game files_ from the Lotus telling the Tenno to sleep after the Orokin pogrom.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that. Just because I wake up in my PJ's every morning doesn't mean that I made them.

Ah, but in the sense that the Tenno are the Orokin only hope against the Sentients, Godzilla Threshold and all that, then it makes sense the Orokin ask the actual Tenno what would help them in their effort to win the war. Sure, the Orokin need to control the actual creation of Warframes I suspect, but they can make the Tenno involved in that, purely out of enlightened self-interest.

Even modern armies put in requests for better armour R&D that are taken out by the parent nation/in-house science department. Military R&D is a thing.

As for the procreation thing...avoiding that I'm afraid.

Procreation was the only word that seemed to fit what might be the process of creating a Warframe and putting a Tenno inside of it.

And I'm not denying that the Tenno were able to create weapons nor am I suggesting that they were excluded from the process, just that it seems unlikely that the Orokin would turn over such a powerful hold over the Tenno.

I can see them sharing the information on how Warframes are made, I just don't think the Orokin gave them free reign.

Edited by Noamuth

Where does it say that we "instantly" went to sleep after "wiping out" the Orokin....btw...we didn't really wipe out the Orokin. 

"Their descendants are the Tenno, beings of balance and control. They came to be when the Orokin sent their kin into the void." - We are essentially Orokin ourselves...just the next "evolutionary" step. 

Not to mention the Sentients "had won" the war. We were made by Orokin, we messed up the Sentients and also screwed over Orokin. 

Orokin might also not have been able to mass produce the Primes..so a lot of the frames might be cheap mass productions made during the Orokin age.

And we also produced our own weapons, even some relics, primes. But since we needed mass production...it seems more likely that we made the normal versions as well and only used the Relic version for high ranking Orokin and Tenno commanders, while everyone else used the mass produced Lego trash.

Edited by Shehriazad

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that. Just because I wake up in my PJ's every morning doesn't mean that I made them.

So, in your mind what is the difference between prime and non-prime Warframes? because the currently understood difference is that the primes were created by the Orokin and the non-primes were created by the Tenno.

http://youtu.be/SesYNaURgLw?t=11m8s

DESteve: "The warframes that you have normally are built by the Tenno"

Normal Warframes are built by Tenno, we wake up in normal Warframes, ergo the Tenno built Warframes pre-cryo.

Edited by SilentMobius

Where does it say that we "instantly" went to sleep after "wiping out" the Orokin....btw...we didn't really wipe out the Orokin. 

"Their descendants are the Tenno, beings of balance and control. They came to be when the Orokin sent their kin into the void." - We are essentially Orokin ourselves...just the next "evolutionary" step. 

Not to mention the Sentients "had won" the war. We were made by Orokin, we messed up the Sentients and also screwed over Orokin. 

Orokin might also not have been able to mass produce the Primes..so a lot of the frames might be cheap mass productions made during the Orokin age.

And we also produced our own weapons, even some relics, primes. But since we needed mass production...it seems more likely that we made the normal versions as well and only used the Relic version for high ranking Orokin and Tenno commanders, while everyone else used the mass produced Lego trash.

From the game files circa U8:

Do you hear that my Tenno? The silence of tyrants who fell by your blade? Your sacrifice is complete and you should rest. The cryo-chamber will wipe away the unpleasantness of what has passed. When you are called to wake, it must be because the system is once again out of balance. Perform your duties then, as you have now. Until we meet again, Lotus

Unless that has changed since then I see no reason to doubt it's accuracy.

The Tenno were members of the Orokin Empire, human members, but there is still nothing confirming that they were considered "Orokin" (IMHO the Orokin were only the leaders of the Empire)

Edited by SilentMobius