Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not More Dragon Items?

Innocent_Flower

I could see dragon access packs being a thing. A poor man's prime-access. It'd be nice to have some top-tier versions of tenno weaponry that aren't event exclusive or found in the void (there's Way too much in the void) and story wise there are tenno items that originated as something explicitly tenno and not orokin, and equaly important is that the tenno shouldn't really be "advancing" by "reclaiming" items from a long-dead empire (that they themselves destroyed). 

Now this is partly something from my "Oh-God-So-Sick-Of-Void" syndrome (I've actualy killed less corpus than corrupted) But there is a point where you just don't want to see void again. I mean the process of which you get a new prime item is something like this:

-Research the wiki

-Get keys/suffer the recruiting channel

-Play those missions

Again

And again

And again, getting only ducat fodder each time. 

Maybe give up if it's rotation C, because you hate that S#&$. 

Once you've got the parts, If you don't have them; Farm cells. There's currently no fun way to do that.  

Oh, That item has now got a dragon version that's really good? 

Sacrifice the original item alongside many resources. You might even build the original item again to sacrifice if you've got one you loved so much that you forma'd it too many times. 

No bullS#&$ drop tables. 

Encourages you to play with the original weapon (prime items don't) 

A lot of items have lore that say the tenno built them.

Good candidates: (and by that I mean items that seem more tenno in origin than orokin)

Karyst 

Kestrel

Magistar

pangolin
Ether daggers

Galantine

Kama

Kogake 

Kronen

Redemer
A dual weapon (I'm sure zoren will be made prime (damn) ,  so either dual ether or dual skana) 

Venka

Magnus

Akmagnus

AkStiletto 

Akzani

Cernos

Tiberon

Tigris
sybaris

Attica

Shade. Could we have shade? Maybe helios too even though it's corpus? Shade is more stealthy and more tenno, whilst carrier seems like the most likely thing to get primed. 

Valkyr
Possibly limbo and mirage, 

Really though, You could Dragon anything, even if there's already a prime. (Though that would be a poor allocation of resources) (I totally have a plan for dragon frames conflicting with prime frames, but we're not nearly there yet) ) You could dragon the braton or the vasto or the bolto® or the orthos or whatever.  The idea is tenno doing the best to improve on their weapons. It's independent of whether there's a prime or not (though picking items that aren't/won't be primed soon would cover a wider field of items)  

I'm rather sick of the void, But also I Like dragon. That whole thing with the nikana where you could colour the weapon and sheath seperately was awesome. And storywise you've got this paradox of the tenno betraying their masters and wanting to surpass them... by slowly recovering orokin parts. When the sentients come; Should we really be trying to use the tech of the guys who failed to stop them? 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

When the sentients come; Should we really be trying to use the tech of the guys who failed to stop them? 

Nit: Technically, we're the tech those guys used... and arguably we succeeded :p

That aside, how much of this preference (at a glance, I'd say 'most of it') stems from disliking the grind?  *shrug*

Not that I disagree.

I'm a bit curious, do you think Dragon frames would be entirely different frames, or different models as skins for the frames? I don't want to have a Dragon and a Prime variation of every frame out there. Cause theoretically, there CAN be a prime and dragon for each frame.

I'd like to see it as... 

You have one regular frame and one "superior" frame that is both prime and dragon. Now if you've noticed; Prime frames are essentialy regular frames but with mandatory extra items added on (and a few parts you can change, like helmet and shoulders) Dragon would likely be like that. 

So you build either a dragon or a prime frame, and you get the "superior" frame which has the cosmetics of the type you built. Then If you build other frame you'd get access to the other cosmetics, and the name of the frame will change according to if you use more dragon or more prime cosmetics. Example if you built loki prime. Then built loki Dragon. You'd be able to change the extra prime leg armour, the gold badge, the elbow fins and the skin to Dragon leg armour, dragon badge and dragon fins to make Loki dragon. Or you could mix and match the parts. Surpass those orokin masters. 

But weapons would come first.

Maybe if I put dragon access packs in the first Line DE sempai will notice me? 

I played  void today. Two vasto barrels and a nyx helmet. Odd, I thought. Those were items I wanted. Then I played several more games including t4 survival and got nothing I wanted. There's simply too much in the void. Researching drop tables is only getting harder, and the diversity of keys isn't helping. 

Just because a weapon starts with "Dragon" does not make it a prefix for things to come, and even if it happens it will be only to appeal to suckers in order to try and make them buy something because "Dragon vacuum cleaner" sounds cooler then "Dolphin vacuum cleaner".

Things get generally made to make money, not because you "get bored" and want to see new stuff.

If it comes out and you can just "sacrifice and build instantly, because you have stockpiles of stuff", then what the hell is the point of them making it?