Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For All Trinity Users

Qinus_Axia

Question

Helo guys. Today I want to discuss about this frame. Feel free to tell me your play style. 

Well, when I started using trinity she somewhat instantly became my favorite. While for my first friend I ever met in this game just "Don`t like her". ....."How do you even use trinity?"  "She is so.... confusing me"

In my view, the best way to make your trinity useful is to support your team the best you can. Yes, it`s really just that.

Let`s be honest, during any game we rarely check up on our team mates until they bleed-out, then we start reacting. Agree?

So, when you use trinity with that kind of attitude you should realise that you are not supporting your team at best with her.

Sometimes, we forgot to Energy vam, cause "well my energy is full." 

Or use blessing, "Oh, I forgot about my team mates, ....was too busy"

You`ll probably forget to use link also until you drop,..... "I was busy helping out my team mates"

So, I think it`s because of the need to multi-task with trinity, many people prefer other frames and only reserve her for "needy times". 

Important notes:

~ Don`t rush when using her, you`ll get more disoriented. (avoid running around just walk normally and stay focused)

~Don`t worry that you`ll die if you stand still, relax. Trinity is way tougher than you may think with her link.

~Don`t be so focused on your surrounding. Focus on your energy bar and team`s health and constantly use your skills.

1. Cast energy vam on the first target to fill energy of your team and yourself

2. Use link as soon as energy is about half of your bar.

3. While link is active damage is still taken, so cast blessing right when your health is low.

4.From time to time keep an eye on your team mates health and hit blessing when its low. (press z)

5. Repeat steps 1,2,3,4 and you can kill everyone with no bullets. (Exception of nullifiers)

~If you can stick with your team as they need you. (you juice them with energy, and let them do the killing)

~Avoid trying to kill every enemy you can, it`ll distract you from your supportive task. (unless solo)

~PRACTISE ! I bet everyone who used trinity for the first time will find her a little confusing or disorienting.

1. Go do exterminate missions with no guns, just use your skills! It will work. 

2. If your running low on energy cast EV and kill the target quickly then recast on another target. Remaining energy will be released when target is killed.

3. You can try stand still in the mob if possible, and ALWAYS HAVE YOUR LINK ACTIVE. Watch your enemies die one by one. 

4. Remember, keep recasting energy vam, link and blessing, consecutively. It usually works one skill after the other.

5.You can try well of life instead of blessing, but you`ll need to shoot the target to gain health.

That`s basicly how I use her. It doesn`t sound fun at all does it. But you could actually relax when using this frame.

Problems faced when using trinity:

1. Nullifiers > risk it, get inside and kill be as fast as you can. Hit link or blessing right away if health is low. Or energy vam if energy is low

2. Cannot Energy vam anything in vortex. It happens in infested defence missions. TRY: Aim properly with your gun then spam 2 non stop, somehow you`ll get a target in the vortex if your lucky.

3. She`s slow. Deal with it.

4. You may run out of energy if your not careful, and you`ll not be able to cast EV. Find an orb immediately.

5.Without link >She is very squishy. 

How to mod her:

I find 3 ways to mod her without having a great cost, I call one the stable trinity build. The other, Spamy trinity build, then the invulnerability blessing build (you can still die).

Stable build> Aura Rejuvenation, (sometimes you`ll forget to use blessing for your team mates. So it`ll help)

Image011_zps44b21dc3.png

Image012_zps16b0cf47.png

You don`t really need rage, if you know how to keep your energy full. Quick thinking is only necessary in T4 missions.

This build is more to being able to support your team even from a decent range and casting skills quickly before team mates bleed out. It`s simply and easy to use but not very safe in higher levels. All your skills here can be utilised usefully and easily with minimum energy cost and a good duration. (all mods should be maxed)

Spammy build (mainly to enable your team mates to spam their skills non stop.)

NOTE: Blessing will be short in duration providing almost no damage reduction or only for a very short time.

Well of life and link would be quite useless for this build as power duration is greatly reduced. This build is to maximise the effectiveness of Energy vampire.

Image009_zps2633f2cf.png

Image010_zpsefc29913.png

invulnerability blessing build: Just replace streamline with Quick thinking in the stable build. (you may adjust the rest)

Question: Is trinity the warframe for me? Perhaps. Maybe not. If you love to just sit and watch your friends do the work while you back them up passively, she is great for that job. If you prefer to insta kill with one button,... she`s not for you perhaps.

In all, she is the best supportive warframe in most missions, and it`s harder to die when she`s around. But it takes practise to use her.

Thanks. Please comment and let me know your play style ,and try mines.

NOTE: Just Gonna Keep somethings Updated

Edited by Calibree

24 answers to this question

I really enjoy playing Trinity, both in team and solo. I do agree with everything said - although usually I use Flow - with Flow, I have never needed to use efficiency mods and my Quick Thinking, if needed, has a huge buffer.

Also one good thing for Trinity players is to ignore weak enemies, such as chargers and butchers, but rather to concentrate on heavy units with EV. Heavy units (bombards, ancients, heavy gunners, eximi) are a much bigger threat to the team, and EV'ing will disable their weapons and abilities for some time. And while you EV the heavy unit, the weaker enemies will most likely die of Linked damage.

Trinity can be played very aggressively. As long as Link is active, all procs are transmitted to the enemies. So go stand next those heavy gunners and watch them knock themselves down via your Link!

As a last remark, Delta aura slots are quite redundant for a Trinity. Both Rejuvanation and Physique are slightly pointless (and Infested Impedence is, well, only good against Infested). A Trinity in the void has everything to gain from Corrosive Projection.

Trinity is my favorite frame, and I do agree with almost everything you've said.

However, I don't agree with the sentiments of 'letting your allies do all of the killing' and 'she's slow - deal with it / don't rush'.

For the former, there are some very powerful weapons at every frame's disposal. While Trinity is best supporting her team with powers, she can also contribute by killing enemies and dealing damage as well. It shouldn't be her focus, but to leave that responsibility solely to her teammates when she herself can contribute greatly means she is not supporting as much as she could be. (Remember that you can support your allies not only with powers, but with weapons as well - especially powerful ones (dead enemies deal no damage) and ones with high status chance.)

For the latter, you don't have to accept being slow as Trinity - in fact, I wouldn't recommend it. While Blessing has infinite range, your other powers do not, so being able to stick with the group is important. There are plenty of melee weapons that speed up movement when used right (Bo Prime and Amphis immediately come to mind), so you don't have to worry about using up a mod slot for Rush to get the kind of speed you want.

Another Trinity main here - I agree with almost everything. I also had the whole "holy crap, this girl is a BADASS" thing as soon as I started playing her, and leveling to 30 only made her already godlike support even better.

I disagree with the use of Fleeting Expertise over Flow. Since Trinity can create an absurd amount of energy pretty much out of nowhere, Flow + Streamline + Blind Rage will maintain efficiency but just scale everything up. Powers will cost more, but you will have a bigger energy pool that EV has no trouble keeping topped off. Since the -duration from Fleeting is now out of the equation, Narrow Minded can be replaced with Primed Continuity. And now that Narrow Minded is gone, Stretch can take the place of Overextended. Here's what I propose for a non-spammy build: http://goo.gl/PgPdSA

My playstyle with Trinity is more aggressive. I prefer to be at the front, tanking all of the damage with Link and reaching 2hp for a God Mode Blessing as soon as possible. But I make sure to bring my Amprex, or another weapon that I can basically just shoot without looking too closely. Bringing a high aim weapon would distract me from monitoring my energy bar, ability timers, and the squad's health. I also think it's important to watch your teammates; it's much easier to cast Blessing in time if you see Mr. Nekros get knocked down by two heavy gunners and anticipate the damage burst before it happens, rather than only looking at health bars and trying to react before it's too late.

But that's just difference in personal opinion - it's always great to see another Trinity player who uses her as the badass she is, and not just mastery fodder.

Great pick for long missions and interceptions

When you get lazy you can just use restores.

Amphis/Jat Kittag for crowd control.

Pretty cheap to use in PvP because of

Link (using this requires no skill)

EDIT: Tell DE to make an energy bar on the player list, why this hasn't been done I don't know. They just don't think

Edited by (XB1)O4K51

I forgo the typical Support Trinity builds and use a Blitz Trinity build for all the casual content (enemy levels generally under 40).  I understand that such a build was actually named by the Warframe community as the Suicide Trinity (damaging enemies by damaging yourself with Link active).

I haven't seen any other Suicide Trinitys since the initial Trinity nerfs.  I suspect I might be the last one.

I do have problems with high level content with her.  Specifically, T4 defense solo, it gets rather difficult keeping the pod alive between waves 10-15 and becomes mission suicide above 15 waves, so I switch to frost for that.  Also doesn't work well in nightmare so I end up with just my survival Trinity loadout using QT.

I forgo the typical Support Trinity builds and use a Blitz Trinity build for all the casual content (enemy levels generally under 40).  I understand that such a build was actually named by the Warframe community as the Suicide Trinity (damaging enemies by damaging yourself with Link active).

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. What weapon(s) do you use for a Blitz Trinity to not outright kill yourself?

Edited by Dorvarich

Quick Thinking / Rage / Stretch / Constitution

Fleeting Expertise / Streamline / Continuity / Flow

I use EV a few times at the start of a mission and anytime a teammate presses 4.

Link is used in close quarters.

Blessing when necessary.

I have found out that one may ditch Rage,at least when using Synoid Gammacor. Succesfully ran T4 Surv, no lack of energy.

Trinity has gone indeed gone through many changes in her life, even the recent one. I don`t suggest doing solo with trinity in defence missions.

By the way thanks for all the replies, I realised i did forgot to add better things. Well, I definitely do not recommend anyone to stay still in survival missions. One more thing, link does not protect you from ancient disrupter`s energy drain. And I would be particularly be more careful against infested faction ever since the mutalist Moa were added. 

Another Trinity main here - I agree with almost everything. I also had the whole "holy crap, this girl is a BADASS" thing as soon as I started playing her, and leveling to 30 only made her already godlike support even better.

I disagree with the use of Fleeting Expertise over Flow. Since Trinity can create an absurd amount of energy pretty much out of nowhere, Flow + Streamline + Blind Rage will maintain efficiency but just scale everything up. Powers will cost more, but you will have a bigger energy pool that EV has no trouble keeping topped off. Since the -duration from Fleeting is now out of the equation, Narrow Minded can be replaced with Primed Continuity. And now that Narrow Minded is gone, Stretch can take the place of Overextended. Here's what I propose for a non-spammy build: http://goo.gl/PgPdSA

My playstyle with Trinity is more aggressive. I prefer to be at the front, tanking all of the damage with Link and reaching 2hp for a God Mode Blessing as soon as possible. 

I used this way of building her one time but I find that even then, the god mode duration is a little short (does not exceed 30 secs). So I feel 12 or 10 second invulnerability is good mainly just to escape away from the crowd. Find that my energy could drop pretty fast when my health reach 2 in front of level 55> enemies. So fast that, I don`t have sufficient energy to use blessing. 

NOTE: When your health reach 2HP and the damage you take was lethal, you`ll monetarily get stunned, so you`ll might drop before you manage to use blessing.

I honestly feel risking yourself to get invulnerability mode is not necessary when in high level. I drop too often that way.  

Edited by Calibree

NOTE: When your health reach 2HP and the damage you take was lethal, you`ll monetarily get stunned, so you`ll might drop before you manage to use blessing.

I honestly feel risking yourself to get invulnerability mode is not necessary when in high level. I drop too often that way.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Link make you immune to the Quick Thinking stagger? I don't remember ever running into that problem with Link up. But when I forget Link... I get staggered and curbstomped.

I used Trinity as a tank instead of a support. Basically same build as a god mode trin, Max Duration, decent range and strength and quick thinking. But I use my QT as a safeguard just in-case something happens (i.e getting knocked down while trying to re-cast link, etc), instead of using it to deliberately take damage, get 2 HP and cast Blessing to get god mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Link make you immune to the Quick Thinking stagger? I don't remember ever running into that problem with Link up. But when I forget Link... I get staggered and curbstomped.

You're correct, link does make Trinity immune to stagger. 

Which is why it's important to remember that when you're down to 2 hp to cast link before blessing.

Otherwise enemies may stunlock you into oblivion.

I have found out that one may ditch Rage,at least when using Synoid Gammacor. Succesfully ran T4 Surv, no lack of energy.

I've thought about swapping out rage in favor of intensify.

Bring the healing through blessing back up to 100% and increase the energy given from EV up to 32.5 per tic.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Gosh, that means I need to practise on my link. I am not sure but I think I still got staggered. The actual problem I have is sometimes my link duration finishes right when my health is nearly 2. So perhaps I might just cast blessing before it happens.

i'll cut it short:

after all the nerfs i dont enjoy playing Trinity anymore tbh, i only use her for quick rep farming (same fate as Excalibur)

Well mate I`d suggest you try use her again. Well, she was nerfed afew times. Some were good most were disadvantageous. 

Trinity can spam blessing which was a good nerf.  

I have to admit, she is now a "very busy frame" in the team after all the rework done on her. But I think I`ll enjoy trinity today more than any in past times despite her god mode blessing is gone. With enough practise, she`s makes the whole team fun.

Edited by Calibree

I run with both Stretch and OE when using Narrow Minded, otherwise teammates tend to be out of range of EV's energy restore, especially in defenses when nothing gets close, or survivals, where teammates are spread out more. 

With longer duration, I use WoL just as a CC, sorta the same way I would use Frost's freeze. 

It's sad that both of her augments are terrible.

I got another build but its more costly. I removed blind rage and used intensify just for the sake of power efficiency.

NOTE :USING AURA TRINITY HELMET 

Image006_zps98c83015.png

Detail are here about this build

Image007_zpsdd71e990.png

If you replace intensify with blind rage well, only the power cost is increased significantly:

Image008_zpsc0fd96ba.png

Edited by Calibree