Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think The Next Warframe Will Be?

DJ_Vauban

So for some reason since the last devstream and them saying the next Warframe's powers would work differently (not sure what exactly they said) and that these would even surprise the Veterans, Typhus is the one Warframe mentioned in threads here and there.

Do you think there is some truth to it? That Typhus will be our next Warframe or is it all just hopes and expectations?

Personally, I hope that it will be him and I also hope that he will be as fast as the new archwing, all swift and stuff owo

PS: I was playing the game while typing all of this so...bad typing is bad.

Typhus is way overhyped and a subpar design. A large portion of the community is blind to this because of the amazing artwork featured by his creator, which would be irrelevant to his inclusion in the actual game. It's frustrating to me to see him brought up so often, because I've seen much better concepts posted on this forum that receive less attention because they don't have such amazing art.

I would like to see a frame that focuses on gameplay and brings something new to team dynamics, rather than trying to fit some cookie cutter mold of a theme, such as earthframe, timeframe, or gravityframe. Gimmicks like these limit creativity because you have to force yourself into that theme. It's better to come up with powers first and then try to fit some theme to it later. If you can't, that's fine, not every frame needs a specific theme.

Typhus is way overhyped and a subpar design. A large portion of the community is blind to this because of the amazing artwork featured by his creator, which would be irrelevant to his inclusion in the actual game. It's frustrating to me to see him brought up so often, because I've seen much better concepts posted on this forum that receive less attention because they don't have such amazing art.

I would like to see a frame that focuses on gameplay and brings something new to team dynamics, rather than trying to fit some cookie cutter mold of a theme, such as earthframe, timeframe, or gravityframe. Gimmicks like these limit creativity because you have to force yourself into that theme. It's better to come up with powers first and then try to fit some theme to it later. If you can't, that's fine, not every frame needs a specific theme.

I guess it's because a lot of people want a Samurai frame, but I'm being honest, I never go through the concepts so there might be more <w<

Typhus is somehow "Edgy-cool" yet the Red Veil are "Edgy-lame" to this community... *shrug* I think a "Samurai" warframe should not be based around disease/toxins. I don't think any new frame should. Even if the abilities are unique, it's too similar to Saryn's theme. We have an entire world of possibility. We don't need to overlap themes yet.

Why is a Samurai-themed frame named after a disease?

She was not, it's just that the devs had a similar idea at the same time.

They literally gave the person who came up with the idea her pack of warframe and items free, and while they were late about it, they did credit them.

Didnt they say the next frame was gonna be something alot of people really wanted?

So yes typhus could be a possibility. Also remember the mios? The infested whip weapon that was also made by the creator of typhus.

It would be pretty cool if theyd release it along with typhus and the infested juggernaut to make a nice infested update but idk.

Dumb question, how many popular fan concepts are out there? :o

Honestly there like 6 people would recognize by name, people are suggesting that means typhus since it has the most views/replies/up votes

Edit: from "most viewed"

The top Warframe concepts are

Typhus

Zephyr

The dragon

Wasp

Gunslinger

Water

And Arma the dark knight

Considering we already have half those...

Edited by immolator1001

Honestly there like 6 people would recognize by name, people are suggesting that means typhus since it has the most views/replies/up votes

I translated the devs remark about the next frame as a highly requested "concept", not a particular design. The most often requested frame concepts are Earth and Time, as far as I'm aware. I see those pop up quite regularly.

Typhus' animations sound almost farcical to code. "Not only does the Warframe's model change over time, but it also stretches tendrils to rip chunks out of enemies and self-destructs with bones and blood flying everywhere!"

Kind of sounds like alex mercer, if you think about it lol

Edited by DJ_Vauban

I translated the devs remark about the next frame as a highly requested "concept", not a particular design. The most often requested frame concepts are Earth and Time, as far as I'm aware. I see those pop up quite regularly.

They said like 1 sentence about it, but Ya that could also be the case.

Though people also request a dragon frame a lot (or did).

So for some reason since the last devstream and them saying the next Warframe's powers would work differently (not sure what exactly they said) and that these would even surprise the Veterans, Typhus is the one Warframe mentioned in threads here and there.

Do you think there is some truth to it? That Typhus will be our next Warframe or is it all just hopes and expectations?

Personally, I hope that it will be him and I also hope that he will be as fast as the new archwing, all swift and stuff owo

PS: I was playing the game while typing all of this so...bad typing is bad.

Thread seems like a sly attempt to push someone elses idea.

Personally looking at this frame its hideous... It's barely a samurai, it's just a frame with viral parasites. Especially with phrases like: "Typhus is a leech, a parasite that knows only how to take from those around him to support himself, rather than his allies." That couldn't be more removed from the concept of a Samurai if it tried.

I really hope if they do make a samurai warframe it uses the fact that its a Samurai as its main concept and not push it off to the side in favour of some gimmick like viral parasites.

I'd much rather see a Samurai warframe that excels in countering aggression and defending others as is befitting of Bushido. Perhaps with a large summonable Nodachi for good measure.