Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime

XxMAGGOTxX

Is it just me, or is the only benefit the mag capacity and reserve ammo? I mean the little tiny bit of extra damage doesn't make a difference really. I'm just a little underwhelmed by it. 

I don't want Soma and Soma Prime to have as much of a gap as Boltor and Boltor Prime, or a gap at all, but I was hoping to see some crit damage increase. Oh well.

As a crit weapon, the little bit of damage boost is exceptional percentage wise. its mag cap means less to no reload in a large wave, more time criting, higher dps. Its just flat out better as a prime and is in a pretty good spot.

Edited by Firetempest

When you factor in Crits, the additional damage that seems minimal becomes massive, because you're critting on almost every shot and getting more than 3 times the total damage. 

As a crit weapon, the little bit of damage boost is exceptional. its mag cap means less to no reload in a large wave, more time criting, higher dps. Its just flat out better as a prime and is in a pretty good spot.

Yes, I can do simple addition and percentages like most regular, functional human beings. 

Now yes, it's a bit underwhelming to me. That's just me. Yeah, the status is nice but I would've liked to see some fabled red crits. I agree 100% with CalypsoGaming's review of the Soma Prime.

I would've taken 5% more crit chance for the sake of consistency on the Soma Prime and only 1 damage, put into Puncture. It would've been a little better for endgame. Nevertheless, the Soma Prime is fine where it is now.

It is a good weapon, no doubt about that, but to me it just feels too much like Soma 2.0

Yes, I can do simple addition and percentages like most regular, functional human beings. 

Now yes, it's a bit underwhelming to me. That's just me. Yeah, the status is nice but I would've liked to see some fabled red crits. I agree 100% with CalypsoGaming's review of the Soma Prime.

>Yes I can do my own math

>I formed my opinion based on some youtube review

:(

Edited by RealPandemonium

Best post in the thread.

Also where do these people get off, asking for the most powerful assault rifle in the game, with the biggest mag size, to get even MORE buffs.

How do people with this thought process type this out and not chuckle at the absurdity of their own posts? How do they remember to breathe?

LOL

It's funny how he mentions that youtube channel as if it was a recognized authority and we all should say "oooh then you must be right!"

Edited by Orbister

LOL

It's funny how he mentions that youtube channel as if it was a recognized authority and we all should say "oooh then you must be right!"

No, more of a "someone else agrees with me." 

Funny how everyone on this forum jumps straight to conclusions... 

This is my Soma Prime build. It does pretty darn well, if I do say so myself.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22203220_132-6-5-134-5-5-137-1-10-140-0-5-150-2-10-153-7-3-159-3-5-361-4-5_140-5-137-7-150-8-159-9-361-6-134-6-132-8-153-9/en/2-0-65/0

Here's another picture.

SomaPrimeBuild_zps8be88642.jpg

Edited by Tymerc

My bad then... if someone else agrees with you then you must be right! 

Lol once again the conclusions...

It was merely cited to just say, "Hey, I'm not the only one who was expecting more."

Seems everyone in the forum just disagrees and jumps to things out of spite. Good job sir, and good luck out there. 

Oh and just an edit. 

My bad then, shoulda known you were bright enough to read my mind, O powerful and spiteful god. 

Edited by XxMAGGOTxX

Lol once again the conclusions...

It was merely cited to just say, "Hey, I'm not the only one who was expecting more."

Seems everyone in the forum just disagrees and jumps to things out of spite. Good job sir, and good luck out there. 

Oh and just an edit. 

My bad then, shoulda known you were bright enough to read my mind, O powerful and spiteful god. 

it is natural to come to conclusions, or you always just speculate and never ever develop an hypothesis?... 

please do not derail your own thread.

On topic: i think that an enhanced version of a weapon that was already considered op, it must be op as well... and as it has been enhanced it's op+