Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Is Such An Under Loved Aspect Of The Game

Draconzis

My gripe with pvp are pvpers that WANT the pvp stat changes to effect pve and dont care if pve power gets nerfed to hell for the sake of pvp balance. They justify this view by claiming that stuff overpowered in pvp is also overpowered in pve. They don't care about the differing contexts of pve and pvp that can mean something overpowered in pvp can be perfectly appropriate and acceptable in pve contexts. They dont want pvp and pve modes to have separate stats. They want to put their chocolate in our peanut butter and by chocolate i mean Poo.

why is there so much hate on the pvp side.

Well there's a whole list of thing that this game have wrong in the pvp side. Thing like, the one shot weapon, unfair proc, warframe ability that kill you 1 shot (mesa peace maker), the weapon balance a load of them are just plain useless or over kill.

If you want to see a pvp similar to this go play destiny it have the same problem. One-shot shot gun, fusion riffle, power, there's the map that encourage those use of weapon (here in warframe its sniper and explosive weapon) everymap is close in.

I must said that i am not a pvp fan but i don't despise it i just don't find running after 2 or 8 people to kill them for ever and ever until the match end. For me that is boring, i prefer having to face thousand of enemies and wreck havok. I do love the battlefeild 3 and M.A.G those were fun when the map were full those were good time

I often wonder why there is so much hate as well. I can't help but think it is them just being sore losers or butthurt babies. That or they are observing the pvp attitude of another community e.g. LoL and decide to apply it to this one. I'm not a fan of pvp myself but i can see that pvp isn't a problem. It is made a problem by the community complaining, instead of providing constructive criticism to a team willing to act on that criticism. 

My gripe with pvp are pvpers that WANT the pvp stat changes to effect pve and dont care if pve power gets nerfed to hell for the sake of pvp balance. They justify this view by claiming that stuff overpowered in pvp is also overpowered in pve. They don't care about the differing contexts of pve and pvp that can mean something overpowered in pvp can be perfectly appropriate and acceptable in pve contexts. They dont want pvp and pve modes to have separate stats. They want to put their chocolate in our peanut butter and by chocolate i mean Poo.

Most pvpers do not expect some kind of nerf that crosses into the pve side from my knowledge. Even when they suggest some kind of separate system people still whine about pvp existing period.

This is one of the most missunderstood points of PvP:

Almost every player which gives feedback want that PvP changes only affect PvP and not PvE. Of course there are also player which do suggestions for PvE and PvP together, but the majority want a strict division in PvE and PvP. I think that it is not fair to judge because of a minority.

why is there so much hate on the pvp side.

Well there's a whole list of thing that this game have wrong in the pvp side. Thing like, the one shot weapon, unfair proc, warframe ability that kill you 1 shot (mesa peace maker), the weapon balance a load of them are just plain useless or over kill.

If you want to see a pvp similar to this go play destiny it have the same problem. One-shot shot gun, fusion riffle, power, there's the map that encourage those use of weapon (here in warframe its sniper and explosive weapon) everymap is close in.

I must said that i am not a pvp fan but i don't despise it i just don't find running after 2 or 8 people to kill them for ever and ever until the match end. For me that is boring, i prefer having to face thousand of enemies and wreck havok. I do love the battlefeild 3 and M.A.G those were fun when the map were full those were good time

A whole list?

I see only 1 big point:

There is no balancing.

And this is a reason to give feedback and make suggestions to improve the PvP and not a reason to hate it. Of course it is frustating to play against players who abuse mechanics or players which are simply so much better that you could do what you want: you will always lose. But hating PvP in general shouldn't be the automatic reaction.

But hating PvP in general shouldn't be the automatic reaction.

yea i don't hate pvp...if i won all the time :p

but seriously i would prefer DE focusing on PvE rather than pvp

gonna took a lot of time just to fix/balance pvp,also this is "co-op" 3rd person shooter

I often wonder why there is so much hate as well. I can't help but think it is them just being sore losers or butthurt babies. That or they are observing the pvp attitude of another community and decide to apply it to this one.

yes i do butthurt when i lose and being called noob in the same time,i admit that

so...where's the fun in that?i play games for fun do LOSING is fun?

it's already bad in other pvp games,what do u expect here? show ur face and u'll get bladestormed instantly with your entire squad,not to mention other godlike abilities too

Edited by Godhands

Why is there so much hate for PvP? Sure I know the game is focused around PvE, but come on. People act like PvP shouldn't even exist in the game. Well, at least on the forums they get so much hate. Just about every suggestion I make or seen about adding a new PvP aspect to the game gets flamed up and shot down.

I stopped caring about PvP when people stopped trying to test their skills and started using nothing but sniper rifles or high powered pistols on their Loki Primes, Ashs, and Valkyr's that weren't using Hysteria. 

Look guys, we need to understand that our PvP is very Barebones. It's literally just kill the other guy. Now i'm not going to expand on this too much, but i have a few suggestions on how to make it more balanced. I've been playing some Call of Duty lately (Please don't judge, it's actiaclly one of the better ones) so i think we could take some elements of that. I will plan to make a fully fleshed out Thread in the near future.

-Warframe powers will be like Kill Streaks each power unlocked at X amount of kills. Power 1 at 3 Kills, Power 2 at 4 Kills, Power 3 at 5 Kills, and Power 4 at 6 Kills

-Certain Weapons will be nerfed when in PvP(Or maybe instead of using powers as killstreaks, you can choose to use an OP gun with limited Ammo)

-New Game modes are needed. Of course we'd have your basic Team Deathmatch, Capture the flag, and Domination. There will also be Archwing versions of these game modes.

-4v4 is another thing we're greatly lacking

-Add leaderboards

-Starting weapons will be weapons that all have Mastery Requirement of 3+ (With the exception of Prime Weapons)

-Procs will not affect you in this mode, all except good ol' Slash, Impact, and Puncture

Please Keep in mind this is very basic and i will make a thread later on fully explaining everything.

And now that we have it, we have people who want PvP in PvE.

This the PvP I despise.

When? Where? Who are these people who want PvP in PvE?

Seems more like there are a couple of people who PvP and enjoy it (and have good ideas on how to improve it) and a larger and louder group of people who want the PvPers to go away, for no valid reason.

Pvp isn't bad, guys! It just needs less Jat kitaags, T-baggers, Dread'ers, Blade storm Ash's, 1200 armour rating Valkyrs, Dual Ichor Lokis, Elitists, Down time, Electric shield volts, Viral procs, Viral Saryns, Lag, One-sided Dark Sectors, Loyalists, Penta Spammers, Ogris Spammers, Mk-1 Excalibros, Quiet randoms, Snowglobe Frosts, Life strike channelers, cawa doody, and lack of overall skill/ rational thought/basic sentence structure!

Joking aside, I think Conclaves are okay. Dark sectors, though....eugh.

Why is there so much hate for PvP? Sure I know the game is focused around PvE, but come on. People act like PvP shouldn't even exist in the game. Well, at least on the forums they get so much hate. Just about every suggestion I make or seen about adding a new PvP aspect to the game gets flamed up and shot down.

Frame A has innate invulnerability/invincibility powers, Frame B doesn't. Both frames have instagib weapons. What is Frame B supposed to do?

This game is player host base,

So when I host a pvp match , I would gladly have a slow connection, so everyone beside me lag and I got ez win.

What If i lost? No problem there is a good mechanism call host migration aka pull your network cable or break youe router.

These exploit is expensive to solve, so until DE upgrade or purchases new dedicated host for all region,

I will remain no to pvp

Edited by EloreRainbrought

This game is player host base,

So when I host a pvp match , I would gladly have a slow connection, so everyone beside me lag and I got ez win.

What If i lost? No problem there is a good mechanism call host migration aka pull your network cable or break youe router.

These exploit is expensive to solve, so until DE upgrade or purchases new dedicated host for all region,

I will remain no to pvp

What he said.

And in PvP there will be almost no win-win condition.

And there will be people raging about how their squad members suck, and then recruiting channel will be filled with a lot more specific frame with specific mods,weapons,mr,conclave ratings,etc recruiting.

PvP game requires a strict and constant balancing to operate properly.

DE lacks the capability of both. I dont see how they can possibly maintain even a half-decent PvP game, when they are already struggling at balancing the PvE part.

DE lacks the capability of both. I dont see how they can possibly maintain even a half-decent PvP game, when they are already struggling at balancing the PvE part.

Check out, PvP thread. I think i know how to fix it, but a mod buried it, so i'd suggest going through my profile to see

Super Smash Bros is an unbalanced and well balanced PvP game. It doesn't require or use strict and constant balancing and it operates properly.

The simple fact is PvP does NOT need to be balanced to function, it what it needs is for overpowered methods to be counter-able. And the conclaves are a prime example of the fact that Warframe PvP is more than half-decent, it's good. And there's a difference between you not liking competitive multiplayer and competitive multiplayer being bad.

The simple fact is PvP does NOT need to be balanced to function, it what it needs is for overpowered methods to be counter-able. And the conclaves are a prime example of the fact that Warframe PvP is more than half-decent, it's good. And there's a difference between you not liking competitive multiplayer and competitive multiplayer being bad.

The thing is, Conclave players tend to have a 'Code of Honour' rule, which makes it relatively nicer and friendlier (and less cheap) to play in. 

This game is Pve.  It always has been.  PvP has absolutely no place here.  It was added solely at the request of a very, very vocal minority who just wouldn't shut up about it.  There's no reason for it to be expanded any further than what it already is.

Tl;dr post incoming, sorry, hope you find it readable at least

My guess is that people have come to expect the worst from PvP-oriented communities. I certainly didn't expect to play another PvP when starting Warframe, I wanted a PvE where I could spend some time without having to be forced into confrontation. This is not equal to saying "no PvP please", though - as long as PvE and PvP are separate world inside the same game, why not?

For PvP to work in Warframe, it would need a separate game mode (that it has) with separate balancing (still not complete IMHO). Right now a player's high end gear works as well as an instagib rifle in most cases, and it can be fun if players want to play instagib deathmatches.

It does not work as well in game modes that are supposed to be a bit more tactical, as in the case of Dark Sectors. The attackers would have to be ridiculously stronger than the defenders to be able to clear the mission, because they're given limited lives. All it takes is a skilled and accurate defender, and even going past stage one will be a pain.

It's not the first time in videogames where we have weapons can kill with just a few hits, even if it is just accidental fire. But it usually works with large numbers of players. Situations where both teams are limited in size (4v4 or 6v6 being the typical solution) would be better off with weaponry that can hurt, but does not kill such as fast. Otherwise, the game usually boils down to "let's see who is the fastest at clicking on the opponent and/or who has the best latency". And while that may sound fun for some players, I have a feeling this is not the case for many of them.

Then we have another reason why PvP is so mistreated - people come here looking for a good game that doesn't necessarily rely on PvP. This is likely the case of those who don't want to be forced into confrontation, and especially those who are not good enough to avoid getting roflstomped, when they're just trying to enjoy their time.

Let's be honest, games shouldn't be limited to those people who "got good". But they shouldn't be off-limits for those who want to step up their game either. Some people play to display how good they are, and some just want to spend time without stepping into endgame.

Right now Warframe does this job well: there are people who are good and/or want to show off or play the game at an upper level, and there are people who play just to have fun, without caring about builds, farms and stuff. We have the nukes, and we have the scrubs. Both can either meet, or can ignore each other, and play just fine.

What Warframe could need now is a bit of balance for those who want to go against players, without touching the game for those who can't be arsed of (or don't want) confrontation against them.

Then everyone is happy, right?

Edited by Vintovka

Warframe is not a PvP game and therefore it feels like a tacked on bit instead of something that fits in well.

Games like Warframe are balanced and built first and foremost to be a PvE game so it takes a lot of time and effort to even make PvP work in a way that doesn't make it massively unbalanced. 

The time and effort required to make a fun PvP experience may take away from time spent on just making more weapons, tile sets, story line and other content. I also can imagine that the  number of people who actually want PvP is quite low compared to the number of people who just want more PvE content.  

Like my personal thought is that if i want a fun, unique PvE experience where you go and beat the forces of evil while playing as interplanetary space ninjas with you friends, i go play Warframe. 

If i want a fun PvP experience where i can beat fifty shades of pain into someone with or against my friends i play one of the hundred or so games out there that can satisfy that. 

Like i said, there are many games that can do PvP well but there are few to none that can do PvE like warframe and I don't see any need to complicate that.