The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To Decapitations?

SgtFlex

Seriously, we have every form of gore in this game EXCEPT decapitations. The only reason I bring this up is because it appears Kubrows seem to bypass this exception, because today I witnessed my kubrow decapitate a crewman. I've never seen it happen elsewhere recently, the last time I recall it being in the game was the time of the Snipetron Vandal.

7f425ee67c.jpg

Mogamu's video of Snipetron Vandal with a Decapitating headshot

Edited by SgtFlex

Seriously, we have every form of gore in this game EXCEPT decapitations. The only reason I bring this up is because it appears Kubrows seem to bypass this exception, because today I witnessed my kubrow decapitate a crewman. I've never seen it happen elsewhere recently, the last time I recall it being in the game was the time of the Snipetron Vandal.

Ive wondered  this a lot myself, those grineer heads seem perfect to blow up in a mist of blood but alas nothing happens :(

Slash procs only, I think.

Even with slash procs, it doesn't seem to occur at all. I've seen almost every sort of gore in the game, but I've never seen a decapitation until now.

I hope they get rid of this limitation to slash procs at least, and apply it to powerful weapons.

Edited by SgtFlex

I seem to remember that much of the gore had been cut back in an attempt to improve performance. It probably left with that. I can't recall ever decapitating any enemy, just slicing their arms and legs off, or splitting them in two.

I wonder how it really improves performance though compared to everything else you listed. It really doesn't seem that different than the other forms of gore we already have.

I wonder how it really improves performance though compared to everything else you listed. It really doesn't seem that different than the other forms of gore we already have.

Because it spawns additional 'gibs' (additional objects with physical mass and blood particle effects) and some people already barely run this game. Then of course were the other problems of enemies spawning too many gibs for what was there originally.

We see a lot less of it in general ever since Damage 2.0 since Slash is generally what causes it now. They also added entirely new things like the corpus helmets to knock off, so I imagine there wasn't going to be much headsplodey after that.

The Dread can still decapitate... if you bother to aim for headshots with the thing. But the heads aren't all that interesting either, they just glitch through the body and fall on the ground. I would like it if heads popped up a foot in the air after we shot them off or something, that'll keep me entertained forwever.

I seem to remember that much of the gore had been cut back in an attempt to improve performance. It probably left with that. I can't recall ever decapitating any enemy, just slicing their arms and legs off, or splitting them in two.

What I hate is how DE is drawing back the graphics for EVERYONE just to improve performance for the PC's that can't handle it. I actually run on a PC that can barely handle this game (getting one that can soon - and that's why it pisses me off even more), but even I think it's unfair, and it worries me how they've drawn stuff like this back (including the MASSIVE decrease in PhysX effects) because it's essentially making the game less visually impressive. One of the main reasons my interest in this game was piqued was because I saw the PhysX trailer and was like, "Wow, these are the best graphics on any free game I've ever seen. This looks amazing." and while that still holds true, the effects and gore don't impress me like they used to. DE should just set different options for things like gore and PhysX, the one currently in the game being "low" and the one before being "high". 

Happened to me fairly recently. Also made a thread about it not too long back: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/326084-so-is-this-a-new-gore-effect-or-is-it-just-extremely-uncommon/

Even with that thread, I'm not sure what exactly makes it happen but it's pretty uncommon. I got it 3 times in a row using the latron wraith by headshotting corpus dudes tho.

Because it spawns additional 'gibs' (additional objects with physical mass and blood particle effects) and some people already barely run this game. Then of course were the other problems of enemies spawning too many gibs for what was there originally.

We see a lot less of it in general ever since Damage 2.0 since Slash is generally what causes it now. They also added entirely new things like the corpus helmets to knock off, so I imagine there wasn't going to be much headsplodey after that.

Still, I mean, I can use weapons like the Orthos Prime and literally cut one enemy into 4 seperate parts. I think my record once was 6 when somehow one of the gibs even duped.

Usually, though, if you kill someone by decapitation them, it's most likely going to be a headshot, which will only be 1 gib unless you decide to overkill it and keep shooting the body. To me, it seems like it would be less gibs than you would usually get with melee, which can be several

I think decapitations should make a return to happen exclusively with powerful semi auto rifles and snipers, to be more common, and not just exclusive to slash procs. It's so rare to see it happen.

I know it sounds like im making more than enough fuss about it, but I'd like to feel the power of my rifle for once, and more satisfaction for getting headshots with said powerful weapons.

Edited by SgtFlex

I miss the old gore :(( back when I started playing a corpus crewman for example was holding his leg in pain and agony whining over his loss when you shot it of(my god that sounds terrible) removing the old gore REALLY hurt the old cold and brutal atmospere that this game had

I miss the old gore :(( back when I started playing a corpus crewman for example was holding his leg in pain and agony whining over his loss when you shot it of(my god that sounds terrible) removing the old gore REALLY hurt the old cold and brutal atmospere that this game had

Oh, yes, the agonies were great. Miss them a lot.

I think one of the reasons decapitations were removed is because they tended to bug out A LOT.

I remember that there'd be at least one enemy per exterm whose head would simply float in the air after a headshot. It was kind of annoying. I guess DE's solution for it (which must have come around Gravidus or Damage 2.0) was to simply remove decaps.

When they worked, decaps were pretty satisfying. When they didn't, it reminded me that I'm playing a game that wasn't/isn't exactly a picture of quality.

That said, I want to see them come back, polished and reliable.

I see that every time I use Blind Justice on my Dragon Nikana. The last chain in the basic combo (overhead ground stab) slices most things in half, though it only seems to occur on certain Grineer models (Butchers, Shield Lancers, Miter-guys). All of those use the same-ish model, so I think that's saying something.

I see that every time I use Blind Justice on my Dragon Nikana. The last chain in the basic combo (overhead ground stab) slices most things in half, though it only seems to occur on certain Grineer models (Butchers, Shield Lancers, Miter-guys). All of those use the same-ish model, so I think that's saying something.

well, maybe i never see it because nothing survive the 3rd attack, the one that spins throws arms and legs everywhere, love it <3