Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Feel About Weapons With The "d" Polarity?

es.iiden

I feel like D polarity exists to make me put more forma into a weapon.

And how does it exactly make you put more forma into a weapon? And don´t come with the argument, it could have been a V or - polarity.

It doesn´t really matter if there ais a D polarity or not, actually it is like having 1 polarity less, so you would have polarized that slot nevertheless.

But I wish DE would finally release more useful weapon mods with the D polarity.

And btw. on Archwing guns it is indeed useful.

Edited by Kuestenjung

D-polarity is trash on 99% of the weapons.

100% if it's in the first slot. Not a single instance I could come up with where this would be helpful, except for maybe crit/status-heavy rifles because of Hammershot (and even then, it would probably be a waste).

It's the ultimate troll move to put a D-polarity in the first slot of a weapon. Although honestly, I don't really mind, I'm always happy to have some more stuff to forma, but that's just because everything else is forma'd out.

I suspect a large fraction of the community doesn't bother polarizing weapons. A D-polarity (whose actual name escapes me at the moment) is sorta useful to this group.

For me, it means the weapon has no polarity since it's going to get forma'd off at some point. A D-polarity interferes with elemental combos too much to leave in place. If the polarity swapping utility applied to only one of the presets, I'd probably retain it, but since it moves all of them it's just bloody worse than useless--it actively interferes with setting up proper combos.

So, yeah, it's forma-bait on any weapon that I actually intend to use extensively.

The only issues with it are:

1) The only worthwhile mods with a D polarity are cold-damage mods and Life Strike, neither of which are all that costly to begin with.

2) The always put it in the freakin' upper-left corner, meaning that if you do choose to use it for a cold damage mod (which you will because nothing else is worth it), it heavily restricts your choice of elemental combos.

Edited by Paradoxbomb