Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Have Helmets? Headshot Kills You Anyway...

Sneaky23Bacon

I have been thinking about this for a while now, why do they have to wear helmets? Why doesn't DE make helmetless helmet skins? I mean some of the helmets look horrible. ( Ember,mag and banshee for instance)

I mean the concept in my mind is pretty cool for example

if Valkyr didnt have a helmet I imagine her as a readhead who has a angry expresion akin to a snarl, maybe a scar over her eye, just to fit that mean chick role she plays.

I imagine Excalibur as a mans man. Attractive yet serious.

I Imagine Rhino looking like a typical big guy with little brains( we all know not everything of him is little)

Loki as a guy with anime style black hair and a smirk on his face, Kinda making you feel like you don't trust him.

Volt as a hyperactive kinda guy, maybe with spiked up light blue hair, almost making him look like he put his finger in a plug or something

But this is just my Opinion.

post what ever you guys think would look cool, I'm no artist but im sure you guys can draw something cool, feel welcome to post it here 

and tell me what you guys think about this concept who knows maybe DE will do it

Edited by Sneaky23Bacon

I believe DE's intention is to have them be helmeted, or at least their faces hidden, for the mysterious mute behind the mask is meant to be you, the Tenno, and not some red-head you have no knowledge or relation with. 

Fan art showing this is always interesting, for sure.

This.

Also, why give soldiers in any army helmets? Answer: It's not for headshots, it's for shrapnel.

True but DE does not view Deviant for concepts now do they?

Evidence?

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

True but DE does not view Deviant for concepts now do they?

No but since DE will never do it you can get your kicks from there

So you edit your response, and then make me seem like an idiot? 

Does it, does it really?

P.S. I did not edit it, (those meddling moderators)

Edited by Zakharon

In a Dev stream once they said that the man who makes the design for each warframe also makes an unmasked tenno to go along with it, so there is an unmasked tenno, it's just they dont want to use it as we are the tenno and the warframes represent us in a way

So you edit your response, and then make me seem like an idiot? 

He didn't edit anything. He made a post, then posted another one. Neither of which have been edited at all!

Nevermind, I guess Devoid slipped up a bit. Sorry about that!

Edited by FLSH_BNG

i think one of the more interesting things, to me atleast, is that we have no proof of what our tenno looks like, we are supposedy some technocyte riddled, void exposed being. assuming we have an entirely human face seems improper.

No but since DE will never do it you can get your kicks from there

Does it, does it really?

P.S. I did not edit it, (those meddling moderators)

I guess that's true but i can dream can't I. Besides i asked for your Opinion and you obviously don't like the Idea. AND you are welcome to feel that way i just wanna see what concepts the Warframe Community comes up with.

I think the point is that it would change how we perceive the frames themselves. More importantly, there would never be a particular visage that everyone would agree looks 'good' on a particular frame. While it might be cool for some people (even myself), it would ultimately lead to a bunch of other random posts from meta-lore geeks about this or that being true or false about warframe.

Tenno are not smoking hot chicks under the "helmet" actually we don't even know if they have a head like we do, helmets are not just protection imo, they are more like their heads, take a look at Nekros, Oberon, Limbo, Frost, most of them can't even fit a human head inside those weirdly shaped "helmets".

A few reasons for that:

1: giving a face to the as-of-yet faceless Tenno would strip them of the air of mystery they've held so far

2: Despite what you might think from movies, getting any blow to the head lethal or not HURTS LIKE ****ING HELL, so wearing a helmet would actually go a long way to ensure you don't die from your head making contact with anything that isn't moving at ballistic speeds or faster

3: It's heavily implied that Warframes are far more then just suits the Tenno are wearing, and that there may in fact not even be a recognizably human face under those eyeless masks.

4: Making canon Warframe faces would probably disappoint more fans than it would please due to not meeting pre-established headcanons they may hold.