Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Banshee And Limbo Are The Best Solo Frames (Suck It, Rhino)

Dogefighter

Now, before you go and grab your pitchforks and / or torches, let me explain.

You have your rhino prime, and your ash, and your valkyr.  Tank, stealth, tank.  Whoopady doo.  But what people dont realise is that they are easily matched, and in some cases, outclassed by two underrated, underused frames.  Here's the rundown:

Banshee

Now, I know she seems like an odd choice.  She has low armor, and her ult is considered to be decent at most by many players.  However, what she lacks for in pure tanky-tank tankness, she makes up for in here abilities.  All of them.  Now, i know most of you out there are probably ready to burn me alive while screaming something about iron skin or some such ability, but you have to consider this:  banshee's abilities allow for versatile gameplay, while maintaining tankiness.  Lemme go through this:

1:  Sonic Boom

It knocks deals damage and knocks things down.  If you're in a tight spot, it is a great tool for making an escape, or creating an opening to attack.  You honestly shouldnt need it if you use the other abilities right.\

2: Sonar

Without breaking stealth, it puts easily identifiable and easily hit weak points that give a massive damage boost

3:  Silence

It causes every enemy withing a certain radius to bend over like you just obex'd them where the sun dont shine.  It pairs well with sonar, as you can hit their weak points from close range while they are doubled over.

4:  Sound Quake

Two words:  Stunlock prime

Basically, banshee focuses on keeping the enemies incapacitated.  This allows you to choose between stealth, run and gun (provided your gun is powerful enough and you use silence), or regular gameplay.

Limbo

Limbo is highly tactical.  You really cant just run into a room and kill everything, but he has one major, ridiculous advantage:  The rift.  I dont think i really need to explain all of his abilities.  If it is a cap or sab mission, you can run right through all of the enemies and then either sabotage the whatever, or put the target in the rift and cap him.  He is capable of guarding pods well in solo, although i wouldnt recommend it in multiplayer, and frost still beats him on defense.  He can single out powerful enemies and either put them in the rift and leave them useless, or just kill them.  He can put whole groups in.  He can increase the damage done in the rift.  Basically, im saying he can just ignore the enemy, walk right to the target, and get it.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why they are incredible and underrated solo frames.  Now, i am not demeaning the others.  Iron skin is nice, invisibility is nice, melee mass murder insanity is nice, but these offer a different approach to missions, leaving the enemies completely useless, or you completely invincible.

Now, before you go and grab your pitchforks and / or torches, let me explain.

You have your rhino prime, and your ash, and your valkyr.  Tank, stealth, tank.  Whoopady doo.  But what people dont realise is that they are easily matched, and in some cases, outclassed by two underrated, underused frames.  Here's the rundown:

You give me the names of who's underrating Limbo, and I'll give you their heads.

And, with honorable mention: Loki! You don't need to worry about getting hit! Ever.

Edited by Snydrex

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this but why do we need solo frames in a team based game?

For solo-ing.

When you decide "screw this" for a day and exclusively play alone.

Or when you're in the Void and don't feel like finding teammates from recruiting chat. Like, for Captures n' stuff.

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this but why do we need solo frames in a team based game?

No flames for this. You'd use a solo frame if you don't have a good connection or don't want to play online/don't have friends on line at the time. 

I have NO clue.  Some people hate randoms, which is understandable.  It is a hassle to get a party together, and half of the randoms dont even talk.  It's annoying.  And some people just want to play alone.  However, if you can play alone, you are more than capable of playing with a few mutes.  Hell, maybe it's because you can pause the game in solo, idk.  Every time I solo, i have low level gear and get one shot by an assasin, so i really dont do that too much.

Edited by Dogefighter

so your saying that becous you can solo with those frames rhino sux?

well i can solo enything with all the frames i own without problems...

dont really see the point of this tread...

You would see the point if you...you know...

actually read the damn thread.

-super snip-

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why they are incredible and underrated solo frames.  Now, i am not demeaning the others.  Iron skin is nice, invisibility is nice, melee mass murder insanity is nice, but these offer a different approach to missions, leaving the enemies completely useless, or you completely invincible.

so your saying that becous you can solo with those frames rhino sux?

well i can solo enything with all the frames i own without problems...

dont really see the point of this tread...

Because every thread in off-topic needs a point.

I dont use him all too much but rhino is not only iron skin to be fair, he also has roar, a pretty nice damage buff.

Then again, I choose my solo frame and loadout based on enemy type annd mission type. all warframes have their place.

Edited by Airwolfen

I recently put another star on my Banshee and ranked it up again -- having spend a lot of time with Nova's Molecular Prime I found Sonar to be frustrating in contrast because it won't hit enemies that enter the radius after it's been cast -- you're penalized for long-duration builds that complement your Silence ability. I feel like I would enjoy it a lot more if it pulsed continuously like MP and painted all enemies in range while the ability is active. In my dreams it moves with the caster like Silence, too.

While I agree, banshee is great for soloing, she also requires a lot of energy to be effective, so bring those spare energy pads.

I recently put another star on my Banshee and ranked it up again -- having spend a lot of time with Nova's Molecular Prime I found Sonar to be frustrating in contrast because it won't hit enemies that enter the radius after it's been cast -- you're penalized for long-duration builds that complement your Silence ability. I feel like I would enjoy it a lot more if it pulsed continuously like MP and painted all enemies in range while the ability is active. In my dreams it moves with the caster like Silence, too.

Make it happen Glen. We believe in you.

Edited by xRufus7x

While I agree, banshee is great for soloing, she also requires a lot of energy to be effective, so bring those spare energy pads.

Make it happen Glen. We believe in you.

She's got crazy energy with Primed Flow. Hell, even normal Flow. Synoid Gammacor proc'ing Entropy helps as well.

Crazy cast power.

Resonance solves this for you

I agree.  This would make banshee so much better.

Edited by Dogefighter

Resonance solves this for you

I was using this before I polarized but fitting was hard at low ranks where you're really only using 1 & 2; I also found in many cases you eradicate all enemies in range and you fizzle out. I guess you get what you pay for - it is only 50 energy.

I was using this before I polarized but fitting was hard at low ranks where you're really only using 1 & 2; I also found in many cases you eradicate all enemies in range and you fizzle out. I guess you get what you pay for - it is only 50 energy.

True, i suppose.  I guess having it move would make a silence + sonar combo overpowered, but it would still be nice.

Edited by Dogefighter