Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Banshee And Limbo Are The Best Solo Frames (Suck It, Rhino)

Dogefighter

Erm, why aren't we giving a tiny bit of spotlight to our Loki-san ? He's like a whole new level of Solo-Teamplay synergy.

Maybe because Loki is everything BUT underrated? Are you sure you're in the right thread mate? "Underrated" frames thread here. Not "devs' favourites with crazy OP stuff" frames thread.

Don't talk too much about the "underrated" frames plox, I'd like to avoid a certain dev's "Balance" sweeps as much as possible.^^'

EDIT : I am worried though, the "nullifier syndrom" could be the end of several frames who rely heavily on their kits to survive on the battlefield. After all, many have very low stat, armor, and generally "passive" defensive protection to last more than a New York minute if they can't use their powers. So yeah, paint me worried.

Edited by Marthrym

Guess you've never seen a good Mirage in action then :)

She's a powerhouse but... better, it's better if the common thinking is that it's "not that good" the nerf hammer will stay away :)

It doesn't matter how "good" they are.

That doesn't change  the fact that she's a mega squish.

Just a little addition to that:

...  If it is a cap or sab mission, you can run right through all of the enemies and then either sabotage the whatever, or put the target in the rift and cap him. ...

In cap missions, don't even bother to put anything but yourself into the rift. Just casually stroll up to your target and let your Sentinel's Sweeper do the job for you. No need to get your hands dirty on those filthy capture targets.

The only thing you have to be careful about are Nullifier bubbles and enemy AOE weapons that can destroy your Sentinel.

NB: You should add Zephyr to your list :)

Mag is also a great frame for soloing Corpus or Void missions, assuming bleed procs stay the hell away.

Just a little addition to that:

In cap missions, don't even bother to put anything but yourself into the rift. Just casually stroll up to your target and let your Sentinel's Sweeper do the job for you. No need to get your hands dirty on those filthy capture targets.

The only thing you have to be careful about are Nullifier bubbles and enemy AOE weapons that can destroy your Sentinel.

NB: You should add Zephyr to your list :)

Not everybody uses Sweeper. 

Just saying on the topic of limbo, rescue missions.

Put the rescuee in the rift, problem of him getting killed is solved!...For a minute...

Or just ditch him and make it to extraction before anything happens... Give him a Marelok and then throw him into the real world.

Rhino? What's that? Oh the guy that always gets knocked down when he least expects it? Okay, the iron skin augment helps, but he still remains the opposite of elegant play. I don't even remember last time I used it. I thought he'd see some use on high level syndicate missions, but I found out that my Trin solo runs those with a lot more confidence. Actually, when I need high survivability, Trin is always my first pick. Otherwise, there's Mesa to make for an interesting play. And for Corpus missions there's now Mag with shield transference. Good luck piercing that, space Wall Street dudes. :O

On topic: Limbo has got in spades what I look for: elegance. He's a perfect assassin, and he well deserved the 2 forma that went into him once I levelled him the first time. He's only underused because assassins aren't always optimal in a game about killing hordes of enemies. Plus, his use requires discretion: put a wrong guy into the rift at a wrong time and you may not live to tell about it. Still, that makes him even more interesting. Built for duration, with his long base durations he'll comfortably do what he's born to do: pick out targets and murder them.

I'm also tempted to put new augment on him and build him with extra range to cast big ult bubbles and kill vulnerable enemies in defence, emulating Nova effect. Might work too. Oh and last but not least: he's stylish. A tuxedo murderer mathematician with a katana and a pair of revolvers is something that would fit right into every weird anime you've ever seen, and make it more fun with appropriate amount of trolling. Rift. Slash. Dead. Here, have a bunny rabbit as a consolation.

As for Banshee, I agree that sonar could use some tuning, but she's definitely viable with her CC, and with a proper weapon she'll never have a problem anywhere. I still remember how I was hunting Sonar'd Phorid with a Dread. When later Stalker would show up saying that "Blood of Phorid is on your hands" I'd share a nostalgic laugh with him, "Yeah, so much fun, bro. I'd do that again" ;)

I recently put another star on my Banshee and ranked it up again -- having spend a lot of time with Nova's Molecular Prime I found Sonar to be frustrating in contrast because it won't hit enemies that enter the radius after it's been cast -- you're penalized for long-duration builds that complement your Silence ability. I feel like I would enjoy it a lot more if it pulsed continuously like MP and painted all enemies in range while the ability is active. In my dreams it moves with the caster like Silence, too.

Found the same problem with valkyr recently, warcry affects all enemies in range, the effect stays on her and her allies, but all new enemies dont get affected by the melee de-buff (i think its a melee de-buff, not sure)

snip

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why they are incredible and underrated solo frames.  Now, i am not demeaning the others.  Iron skin is nice, invisibility is nice, melee mass murder insanity is nice, but these offer a different approach to missions, leaving the enemies completely useless, or you completely invincible.

"Now, i am not demeaning the others" - But you do with "Suck it Rhino".

Rhino is my solo frame when it comes to syndicate mission. These "Frame XYZ is the best" threads are so boring because they don't reflect the fact that everbody has its own playstyle and yours does the same. You compare Rhino with Limbo, two frames with completely different approaches and you even hint it in your text.

You say "If it is a cap or sab mission, you can run right through all of the enemies and then either sabotage the whatever, or put the target in the rift and cap him." Thats right, Limbo ignores most enemies and is suitable for SOME mission types where you can ignore the enemies but this doesn't make him eligable to be like "Why Banshee and Limbo are the best solo frames". You contradict yourself and your very first line says why you wrote it.

Here's my opinion: Limbo sucks because he isn't my playstyle at all and I haven't played Banshee for more than one year now (lvl 30 and sold the frame). I go in with my Dual Ichors and shred the enemies to death. Iron Skin helps me to ignore most of the bullets and bites, I use Roar to buff my attacks and my Rhino Stomp to damage and kill them or take them out of the game for a few seconds, until they get hit by my Ichors. I get things done with Rhino and this is all I need. If you prefer to play with Limbo and Banshee it's fine but it seems I won't play with them again.

Some people like Rhino, some people like Banshee, some people like Frost and some people play multiple frames. Let people play with them and don't insult them because of their choices. dealwithit.jpg

Edited by Lesserli

Rhino is probably the safer pick in higher levels because health orbs and energy is pretty scarce in non defence and survival. I would probably die less as a rhino from slash procs. Whenever I play solo on a high level I find that I either waste all my revives and fail mission or waste them all and succeed. This is because of contributing factors like aimbot and shield-ignoring damage(namely slash, then there's infested \: ) being dealt during every enemy encounter. Without the option of spamming cc or some damage ignore or healing ability due to a lack of orbs enemies floor me regardless of how much stamina I devote to bouncing about the tile. Add to the fact that I don't fancy complex mod setups solo play isnt for me.

Some people like Rhino, some people like Banshee, some people like Frost and some people play multiple frames. Let people play with them and don't insult them because of their choices.

People should realize that if someone doesn't like something they like, that doesn't mean that they should feel insulted. I don't believe OP intended to insult anyone, he just mentioned Rhino because Rhino is one of the most popular choices. I don't like Rhino personally, but if someone was to "insult" Nova or Loki, my favorites, I wouldn't feel insulted at all, because it would only be their (dismissible) opinion. Throw a counterargument in maybe, but feeling insulted is not the right way in taking opinions of other people, even when they are expressed like this: ↓

limbo sucks, you know, i know, everybody knows.

Rhino is probably the safer pick in higher levels because health orbs and energy is pretty scarce in non defence and survival. I would probably die less as a rhino from slash procs. Whenever I play solo on a high level I find that I either waste all my revives and fail mission or waste them all and succeed. This is because of contributing factors like aimbot and shield-ignoring damage(namely slash, then there's infested \: ) being dealt during every enemy encounter. Without the option of spamming cc or some damage ignore or healing ability due to a lack of orbs enemies floor me regardless of how much stamina I devote to bouncing about the tile. Add to the fact that I don't fancy complex mod setups solo play isnt for me.

For these exact reasons I prefer Trin to Rhino when it comes to survivability, exactly because she's perfectly self-sufficient. She probably can't take as much burst damage as Rhino, but it would still take a considerable effort to break through her Link + well timed Blessing. Rhino's HP pool with Iron Skin is massive, but it's finite, and without Iron Skin augment it's not recastable before it expires, and tends to wear off at worst possible moments. Plus, an encounter with a Leech Eximus can really mess up Rhino's cards, but that's why it's always a good idea to carry Health/Energy restores, which will help you recover from 0 energy situations and slash/bleed procs.

So, while traditional "stone lump" Power Strength Rhino is a safe pick for mid to high level missions, without sustainability all of that stone skin will be worn off eventually. Actually, the only times I enjoy playing Rhino is when I build him for Duration (properly long Roar buff and 100km range troll Charge) or Range (obviously for chain AOE CC with Stomp) but in this role I find him inferior to either power strength Nova or, ironically, Banshee. :)

Sorry, but I would definately have to rate the top solo frames as follows....

Loki -Invisibility, insane mobility, distractions, disarming chaos

Trinity -Link tank, ability to heal and regain energy

Limbo -Rift

Banshee -skilled play is extremely rewarding

Zephyr -CC, insane mobility, turbulence

Mesa -Shatter Shield, great dmg output

Mirage -Great damage output/reduction and some utility

Ash -Stealth, high stats, bladestorm

Edited by TheStag