Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Afk/dead Rule In Patch Notes

Mazen2013

phone call? - too bad no rewards

door bell ring? - too bad no rewards

kids doing S#&$? - too bad no rewards

needing to go to the toilet? - too bad no rewards

getting something out of the oven - too bad no rewards

1min is too short. In a 40 waves defence, hell even in a exterminate 1min is nothing. They should really make it depended on the overall mission time.

Get mission time: Mission took 8mins to end.

Check for AFK more than 30% of the time: Someone was afk for longer than 2:24? No rewards!

----------------------------------------------

Edit: This solution is also very good: After being afk for 1 minute - the other players have a vote if the player won't get rewards. 

Edit2: Tested when you are acutally AFK:

If you stand still and shoot for 1minute >> AFK!

If you run a straight line for 60s >> AFK!

If you do rep farm and spam abilities for 60s without moving >> AFK! 

So basically you need to move to not be AFK. You can run a basic macro which does W>S every 58s.

Edit3: Doing Mesa, Nyx or Banshee ult for 1min or a number of times right after each other without moving >> AFK!

Edit4: Rebecca answered: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381637-update-159/page-10#entry4211727

Edited by Mazen2013

We have a problem:

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Considering this scenario:

- You and your teammates fight in Survival mission. After 60 minutes, your warframe hits the ground, flat on his/her face. No revive left.

- So all other teammates, no matter how much they can put up, have to run for extraction under one minutes or the fallen comrade has no end-of-mission reward. Or, someone drop dead at the last minute and no one can make it under 1 minute?

One minute is too little time to consider being a detrimental contribution. They should made it that if the warframe activity is less than 5% of total gaming session (activity include running, chatting, shooting, or input) then no reward. But dead frame over a minute? No way DE...

phone call? - too bad no rewards

door bell ring? - too bad no rewards

kids doing S#&$? - too bad no rewards

needing to go to the toilet? - too bad no rewards

getting something out of the oven - too bad no rewards

1min is too short. In a 40 waves defence, hell even in a exterminate 1min is nothing. They should really make it depended on the overall mission time.

Get mission time: Mission took 8mins to end.

Check for AFK more than 30% of the time: Someone was afk for longer than 2:24? No rewards!

This makes more sense, definitely.

it's not too short. I think its perfect and great change.

It's only a minute - that's not good. If you have to be AFK for more than a minute, it's probably because something important came up.

Honestly, the punishment for AFK'ing should just be that you die from enemy attacks and your team got to extraction without you. Punishing those who have to do something other than sitting down at their computer (especially when it's urgent) doesn't really reek of good design.

Edited by Kashiki

This is another example of DE "fixing a" very big issue (leeching) the wrong way. What they could have done instead is adding a report button ingame, and get the support to deal with reports, OR give us the damn reputation system already. Reporting leeches/hackers/"A******s" is way too complicated, so even I, who hates leeches beyond everything, simply cannot be bothered to do the whole process. Pretty much EVERYTHING is better than this insult of a "solution". This happened with Viver, and i hope it gets handled like the post-Viver changes, reroll and improve to an acceptable level.

Edited by Detheroc

1. Phone call, get over it. You should probably talk to that person instead of playing a game.

2. You should probably visit with guest instead of playing the game.

3. MAKE YOU KIDS BEHAVE.

4. Why would you not go to the bathroom before starting a mission

5. WHY ARE YOU COOKING WHILE PLAYING A GAME!!!

The time is fine, if you have to leave for 1 whole minute then i consider that leaching.

If it takes away your reward while dead then its probably a glitch. :/

@Waterheart: I can refill my drink it 20 seconds flat, on the other side of my house. Unless your drinking a liter of water during a mission i don't see the problem. Also it takes 3 days to die from dehydration, don't overreact.

Edited by Feallike

1. Phone call, get over it.

3. MAKE YOU KIDS BEHAVE.

The time is fine, if you have to leave for 1 whole minute then i consider that leaching.

Only on the Warframe forums can you see people actually try and defend 1 minute.

1. Phone call, get over it.

3. MAKE YOU KIDS BEHAVE.

that is completely unreasonable. real life happens at the worst possible times. you can't tell someone to screw off when something unexpected happens. also DE wrote that if you are dead or AFK for a minute then no reward

This is another example of DE "fixing a" very big issue (leeching) the wrong way.

I know AFK has been always a problem in MMO, but this solution from DE is... unbelievable. Now I have to check my watch to see if I moved my frame in the last minute.

Edited by Mickey33

Only on the Warframe forums can you see people actually try and defend 1 minute.

I can understand getting mad over 1 hour survivals being wasted. Though why would you leave for 1 minute when enemies oneshot you... >.>

Though the points he put up are not enough to make me want it changed.

1. Phone call, get over it. You should probably talk to that person instead of playing a game.

3. MAKE YOU KIDS BEHAVE.

@Waterheart: I can refill my drink it 20 seconds flat, on the other side of my house. Unless your drinking a liter of water during a mission i don't see the problem. Also it takes 3 days to die from dehydration, don't overreact.

This tells us two things: one, you're probably not an adult, and two; you have no responsibilities other than this game.

lol you guys. stop moaning. if you dont make it to extract you shouldnt get rewarded. it should of been like that from the beginning

besides how many people REALLY run out of revives in a day?

Hi. Here. You gonna judge my "nooby" playstyle as i get instantkilled by Hellions/Napalms/(Void) Bombards/Nullifiers/Tar Moas?

Edited by Detheroc

that is completely unreasonable. real life happens at the worst possible times. you can't tell someone to screw off when something unexpected happens. also DE wrote that if you are dead or AFK for a minute then no reward

No i am saying that if you have something like guests showing up why would you not visit with them instead of playing a game. That's even ruder.

Why does it take you a minute to go get your phone? Unless you have a cellphone and lost it.

I can understand dying in a mission and losing everything, you are already losing out on XP so i can understand the AFK timer being unreasonable for dying. Though if your doing a endgame mission you can't waste 1 minute, enemies should be oneshoting you by the time you get to 60 minutes in T4 Survival. (i am using oneshot losely)

Edited by Feallike